Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    That's just not true. Sure, if you're talking about comic book sales, it makes sense, but Carol as Ms. Marvel sold a lot better. Anyways, it's not like comic book sales mean everything. Storm, Rogue, and Sue Storm were all very popular, and only one of those women had their own series at one point or the other. Carol Danvers. Carol Danvers has lead the Avengers and played a part in just about every major event for the past 9 years or so. Whether it be Civil War, Dark Reign, Secret Invasion, Infinity, or X-Men vs Avengers, Carol was featured prominently as an Avenger. Keep in mind, that Rogue and Storm are still very popular even though it's LONG past the X-Men glory days of the 90s.
    Yeah, it was a to me impressive 50 issue run. They certainly are.

BANNED

I like her being Spectrum mainly because she doesn't have to be compared to any other characters of that name the way legacy characters do.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I like her being Spectrum mainly because she doesn't have to be compared to any other characters of that name the way legacy characters do.
    There's a whole legacy of spectrum. Its normally Dr.Spectrum etc, and post secret war she's in the new 616 and a half or whatever, in the squadron supreme book. She's on the team that killed Namor, and she was from The Great Society earth. So yeah that still happening. Though to be fair...you have carol as your profile pic, probably telling.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    There's a whole legacy of spectrum. Its normally Dr.Spectrum etc, and post secret war she's in the new 616 and a half or whatever, in the squadron supreme book. She's on the team that killed Namor, and she was from The Great Society earth. So yeah that still happening. Though to be fair...you have carol as your profile pic, probably telling.
    I am pretty sure that is Cassie Lang.

Oh my she's hot back in the day.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I am pretty sure that is Cassie Lang.

Oh my she's hot back in the day.
    Ah my fault. Pretty Blonde, primary colors. could have been a few people.
    I retract the implication.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Mike Deodato Jr.!!!

Thanks for your rendition of Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Binary.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did Monica were a pink costume?
    Her white costume had a pink tint sometimes. It looked fantastic! Brown skin really compliments pastel pink and it absolutely made Monica look stellar.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Also, They should straight up call the character 'Marvellous' put her in the pink suit and call it a day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Yeah I'm rocking Cassandra Lang right now. I'll go back to my Rogue avatar in due time.

BANNED

I don't like people saying of characters that I like that they're a lesser version of a character of the same name. Monica is the first Spectrum (as far as I know) so no one can claim she isn't as good as the original Spectrum, if you get what I mean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    It's literally because of Carol Danvers that Monica is being noticed again.
    The comicbook character Carol Danvers is so modest

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

NEXT WAVE! NEXT WAVE! NEXT WAVE!
    ('scuse, please. Still waiting for #13, here. NEXT WAVE, yay!!)
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

It was hilarious reading Captain America, Ulysses Bloodstone and the Celestials OOC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    Mind wipes are always such lazy writing. KSD did it because she didn't want to bother acknowledging past continuity with Carol, it's a disappointment to say the least. But hey at least we got her dicking around in space with her cat.

Monica needs a solo book.
    I find mindwipes indeed lazy writing. Not only was this done with the comicbook character Carol Danvers but als with Tony Stark. Disappointing. Why is someone to pay 6 dollars for Civil War II issues to read about two comicbook characters, who have the potential to out asshole eachother, only to have their memories of doing so mindwiped later on and go their merry way without a care in the world (Like what eventually happened to Carol and Tony after Civil War I from 2006)

To me, the Glistening Golden Captain Marvel is to do fine headlining a solo book. Just like Sam Wilson: Captain America, Steve Rogers: Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man

Captain Marvel is so attentative, which Captain America benefits from.

Or, she could have her solo book and a push without using a codename she's not using it for decades! How didn't anyone ever thought of that?