Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Cause she is Black?
    ^5 .........

BANNED

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Because black characters aren't allowed to have those opportunities. It pains me to say it, but it's true.
    Way to go marvel comics! NOT!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane D View Post
    Sharapova is the Carol to Serena's Monica, inferior in every way yet still gets the marketing push. - shingi70 from neogaf forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Too tru....
    To me it rings true for the comicbook character Captain Mar-Vell to push for the comicook character Captain Marvel Monica..

..and the comicbook character Ms. Marvel Kamala.

Both characters respect Mar-Vell's legacy and add grace and pride to it in their own distinctive heroic manner without worshipping Mar-Vell. They are their 'own woman'.

In Mar-Vell's own words: "That's as it should be"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    To me it rings true for the comicbook character Captain Mar-Vell to push for the comicook character Captain Marvel Monica..

..and the comicbook character Ms. Marvel Kamala.

Both characters respect Mar-Vell's legacy and add grace and pride to it in their own distinctive heroic manner without worshipping Mar-Vell. They are their 'own woman'.

In Mar-Vell's own words: "That's as it should be"
    I didn't go and find the posts you quoted, but hot damn if they ain't true. People fall all over themselves to dismiss these truths that are all too self evident. Poor them.

For Phase 3 MCU there's no excuse not to bring her on. Same for the cartoons, she can appear even sooner. She has never been used in cartoons yet.
    Also bring her into the video games. Her energy powers would be great visuals for one of the fighting games or even RPG.

Astonishing Member

Great character not given enough prestige imo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    After the comicbook character Genis-Vell how are subsequent upholders faring?
    Peter David's Genis-Vell's Captain Marvel book is one of my favorite series that book was great

I want to see a mini series about Monica's time in the police academy and her tenure in the NOPD. I believe it has not been revealed where she went to college ("if" she went, though I think it would add to her backstory if she did). I would be supportive of a pre-Captain Marvel Monica series. You could get lots of police intrigue, action, romance, etc.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hypestyle, that's a really great suggestion. I'd support that series, too.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I'd like to see an encounter with Lightmaster or Living Laser. hmm, the character Sundown hasn't reappeared since the 90s. he was pretty powerful, too.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see a mini series about Monica's time in the police academy and her tenure in the NOPD. I believe it has not been revealed where she went to college ("if" she went, though I think it would add to her backstory if she did). I would be supportive of a pre-Captain Marvel Monica series. You could get lots of police intrigue, action, romance, etc.
    Wasn't Monica a Harbor Patrol Police in NOLA? I wonder if she has a sailboat? Wouldn't it be cool if when next we see her she's vacationing in Menorca, Spain or Positano, Italy, the skipper of her own small yacht with Blue in tow? Sure, she can be anywhere she wants in the blink of an eye, but there's something about the sea that speaks to her. Gentle waves of the sea lulling a child comprised of wavelengths.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wasn't Monica a Harbor Patrol Police in NOLA? I wonder if she has a sailboat? Wouldn't it be cool if when next we see her she's vacationing in Menorca, Spain or Positano, Italy, the skipper of her own small yacht with Blue in tow? Sure, she can be anywhere she wants in the blink of an eye, but there's something about the sea that speaks to her. Gentle waves of the sea lulling a child comprised of wavelengths.
    Yeah, pretty sure she has her own boat. KSD's run on Captain Marvel had Carol helping Monica with a case involving sunken planes and boats. Monica absolutely still loves being out on the water.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure she has her own boat. KSD's run on Captain Marvel had Carol helping Monica with a case involving sunken planes and boats. Monica absolutely still loves being out on the water.
    Yes, and she runs her own charter boat business with her father -- although I guess her father is handling most of the operations for the business these days, with her off in space with the Ultimates.

Don't know if this has been mentioned:

She was one of the eight characters in the box set launch of the TSR RPG in 1984.

Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Human Torch
    Invisible Woman
    Mister Fantastic
    Spider-Man
    Thing
    Wolverine

She was also on the cover to the Advanced set that followed a few years later, as well as included as a pre-generated character for play.
    More info here.

I remember her being about equal with DC's Firestorm as to how playable she actually was. She had the potential to be overpowered and it was a bit confusing about the limits of her powers. Whenever we actually used her, she was often simplified to flying, shooting energy blasts and phasing through walls.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-11-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Jesus Christ... Reading through this thread and seeing CERTAIN FANBASE dogging out Monica. Monica a joke? Really?

Anyways what does Ewing have in store for her?