Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I just can imagine the awesomeness if marvel had x-men movie rights. Storms solo probably would have done better and the x-men wouldnt be in t mist crap.
    Again Storms powers don't really make her that dynamic in a movie compared to someone with a more physical powerset.

BANNED

I just can imagine the awesomeness if marvel had x-men movie rights. Storms solo probably would have done better and the x-men wouldnt be in t mist crap.
    Storm's solo would have done just as bad. Succesfull movies do not boost sales at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Storm's solo would have done just as bad. Succesfull movies do not boost sales at all.
    i meant it probably would have been pushed more. Thanks to the movies all of the gotg got solos, scarlet witch, vision and dr. strange all got solos so it definitely plays a part.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Again Storms powers don't really make her that dynamic in a movie compared to someone with a more physical powerset.
    She wouldn't get a solo movie. She'd star in the marvel made x-men movie along with Cyclops, Jean and the rest of the x-men. Although a solo movie for storm with her powerset if done well would be beautiful and expensive
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Flying, casting lightning bolts, tossing cars all over the place with hurricanes, being a very good martial artist in addition to that, and having a very striking look.
    How is that less dynamic or interesting than that short hairy guy with the claws?

BANNED

i meant it probably would have been pushed more. Thanks to the movies all of the gotg got solos, scarlet witch, vision and dr. strange all got solos so it definitely plays a part.
    Push, sure.
    But even at the height of their popularity in full speculator's boom, books of individual X-Men didn't really do that well.

It is much easier to push a women be she black or white with the powerset of Captain Marvel than it is for someone with a powerset like Monica which is kind of ill defined to begin with. Being able to fly and punch someone with super strength is just more appealing than someone who can turn in energy.
    Not really. Flying bricks are the least versatile supers. Why do you think they eventually gave Carol the energy blasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Push, sure.
    But even at the height of their popularity in full speculator's boom, books of individual X-Men didn't really do that well.
    the market is different now. Then it was team book heavy. If rocket and howard the duck can thrive anyone can.

BANNED

the market is different now. Then it was team book heavy. If rocket and howard the duck can thrive anyone can.
    Rocket Raccoon and Howard The Duck are decidedly not thriving.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sadly, this is the true. Though, Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers reaching the level of popularity of Wonder Woman is asking for a lot. At most she might get Falcon level but that's just a minor memories to non-comic book fans.

Truth be told, I feel that Carol's roll as Captain Marvel is limited and soon will see a Blond, Blue eye, male Captain Marvel.
    Actually, Carol as Ms. Marvel was already close to Falcon level, the push for her to take the Captain Marvel mantle, works two fold, one the already mentioned potential of being their top female character, also the fact that Marvel's top editors and writers really liked Carol's character and if successful which it was it would allow them to have stable Captain Marvel book without having to do a random one periodically to keep the title from DC or others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Funny thing is that I'd argue their biggest female character is probably Storm. A black woman. Unfortunately marvel doesn't have the movie rights to her.
    I would completely agree with you. I think Marvel is underestimating their audiences.

It is much easier to push a women be she black or white with the powerset of Captain Marvel than it is for someone with a powerset like Monica which is kind of ill defined to begin with. Being able to fly and punch someone with super strength is just more appealing than someone who can turn in energy.
    It's also a lot less interesting.

When did this became a Storm thread ?

Monica needs to have more cosmic adventures. She could take on the Empire's Death Star and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Monica needs to have more cosmic adventures. She could take on the Empire's Death Star and win.
    Thats probably why shes rarely used. Other than like super duper god tier she can hold her own against anyone in the marvel and the dc universe. How do you make a story about a character like that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    When did this became a Storm thread ?
    It never did.