Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Lightbulb Marvel can push the very first Captain Marvel woman using original art of John Buscema for a storyboard!

Outstanding art!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 11-04-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I don't mind Carol as Captain Marvel, but I don't get why people call her Marvel's leading lady.
    Because the ladies that are actually popular (Sue Richards and all the X-Women) are stuck in legal headaches, so Carol is all Marvel has left to market.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

A storyboard featuring this Captain Marvel woman is great for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh when I read her in a Captain Marvel comic being mad at Carol for taking on the name and not calling her to tell her about it (she had to find out about it from her google alert).
    And this is why no one takes Monica seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    i dont like you
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

You wouldn't be put out if CBR and I went ahead and took your name here, so that I was using it, and you'd only find out the next time you signed in?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Invincible Member

People do take Monica seriously

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Carol Danvers has been an important character in the comics for the past ten years. Rebooting Captain Marvel had more to do with moving the character to space and Secret Wars than anything. Given how hard Marvel has been pushing the character, they are not going to just drop her and start pushing an obscure character like Monica.
    Pushing the comicbook character Carol Danvers has gone so far that the very first Captain Marvel woman is NOT acknowledged in the audiobook of the Original Secret Wars...
    http://www.graphicaudiointernational...cret-wars.html
    To me, this is a severe indication of disrespect Marvel Comics has towards the comicbook character Monica Rambeau and the hard work of past storytellers to produce to me quality comics featuring the glistening golden Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Really? In what way?
    The character that's taken up her previous title is more popular than she is, and she's not even two years old, and Marvel hasn't spent near as much money pushing her. That says a lot.
    Carol's impact and popularity is manufactured by Marvel and a vocal minority. What they're hoping for is that the movie they keep pushing back will be a hit.
    Until then I've yet to see why anyone thinks her walking around with Marvel's name is big deal.
    Indeed it does. A remarkable achievement

I am of the belief that the comicbook character Carol Danvers' popularity is indeed manufactured.
    Marvel Comics had better not be behind those people within the Carol Corpse who mock, harass and bully those who prefer Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel...
    http://www.avclub.com/article/marvel...l-corps-218003

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

I am of the belief that the comicbook character Carol Danvers' popularity is indeed manufactured.
    Unlike Monica's popularity, which is just nonexistent!

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Unlike Monica's popularity, which is just nonexistent!
    Monicas popularity is rising. Dont be mean because of a troll.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Both Carol and Monica are awesome. Even if you don't like one, there's no need to trash either of them. (You should love them both. Love them! Love them, I say!)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So who do we blame for the Doctor Druid debacle?
    Which debacle?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Monicas popularity is rising. Dont be mean because of a troll.
    I like Monica. She's one of my favorite Avengers. I'm just saying that this idea seems to be getting put forth that Carol Danvers is somehow responsible for Monica not being as popular as she could have been, when as many others have reiterated, her lack of popularity is tied to the fact that Mark Gruenwald screwed her over as soon as Roger Stern left the title. And that was a good two decades before they made Carol into the new Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I don't mind Carol as Captain Marvel, but I don't get why people call her Marvel's leading lady. She's only been relevant for like 10 years and even now she only does okay in sales compared to characters like Ms Marvel.
    Well, probably because that seems like what Marvel wants her to be, and for lots of reasons.
    1 - She's a "pure" superhero, she wasn't an assassin, she doesn't go crazy or dark, and most important she's not a mutant.
    2 - She have super strenght, durability, energy, she have most of the mainstream super hero powers what makes her Thor, Iron Man and etc level.
    3 - She's blonde, blue eyes, wears red and blue. Her appearance is very commercial, even if they don't want her to be much sexualized now.
    4 - With all this diversity thing going on now, her feminst background surely counts.
    5 - She have connections with the Kree, Avengers, GOTG, SHIELD. Is kinda hard for her to be totally out of place somewhere.
    6 - They finally found a real relevant character for the Captain Marvel title they need to keep.
    7 - She have the brand name in her codename, I mean...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1 - She's a "pure" superhero, she wasn't an assassin, she doesn't go crazy or dark, and most important she's not a mutant.
    Well, there was that time when Carol was a violent drunk who put even Tony Stark to shame.

Well, there was that time when Carol was a violent drunk who put even Tony Stark to shame.
    No one - as far as I remember - died in what was a two year storyline (if it was that long), and even then, it's hardly on par with being an assassin, and I don't remember her being particularly violent.

She didn't even build a robot to attack her teammates, with an offswitch to make her look good. So how far could she really have fallen?