Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    The name Spectrum just feels like its missing something. I dunno. Its like macaroni with no cheese.
    I have fond memories of the name Spectrum, given that I had a Spectrum home computer as a boy, but it's a genuinely terrible name for a superhero. She might as well be codenamed Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Quotes from Phil Jimenez:
    "Thinking about the progressive possibilities of Monica Rambeau as Cap. Marvel led to this doodle"

"I will always refer to hear as Captain Marvel!
    And how amazing was she-the first African American woman to lead Captain America into battle, and one of the most powerful Marvel characters around.
    Her energy powers were never truly tapped, in my humble opinion."

http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-phil-jimenez/
    classic! Can someone color this?

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I have fond memories of the name Spectrum, given that I had a Spectrum home computer as a boy, but it's a genuinely terrible name for a superhero. She might as well be codenamed Vista.
    Photon. Pulsar Spectrum. At this point I'm not even sure it matters what code name they give Monica.

Sort of like how Kitty Pryde was Aerial, Sprite, and Shadowcat. After a certain point it was just easier and less hassel to simply call her Kitty.

and Marvel's Captain Marvel isn't a horrible name?

Spectrum is great.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    and Marvel's Captain Marvel isn't a horrible name?

Spectrum is great.
    Captain Marvel is a great name though I have to admit my first thought is still either Mar-Vell or DC's Shazam when that name is mentioned. Not that,that Monica and Carol aren't worthy replacements.

Mighty Member

why is this thread still a thing when every which way the question has been discussed AND answered, it's gone off the rails in several different directions including discussions about Steve Rogers and Storm and has all but been degenerated into a 616leapyear wankfest of Monica while simultaneously passive-agressively and occasionally aggressively shitting on Carol?

Like what actual god damn purpose does this thread serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    classic! Can someone color this?
    There's a whole host of problems with this, but I had an hour to spend:

Monica.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Monica.jpg
    Awesome!

Is it possible to colour it in Monica's signature white and black colour, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Captain Marvel is a great name though I have to admit my first thought is still either Mar-Vell or DC's Shazam when that name is mentioned. Not that,that Monica and Carol aren't worthy replacements.

but as a name for a Marvel hero, it brings forward an immediately annoying meta-
    ness to the audience in a distracting way. Most people I've noticed who aren't into comics find it off putting at first.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    why is this thread still a thing when every which way the question has been discussed AND answered, it's gone off the rails in several different directions including discussions about Steve Rogers and Storm and has all but been degenerated into a 616leapyear wankfest of Monica while simultaneously passive-agressively and occasionally aggressively shitting on Carol?

Like what actual god damn purpose does this thread serve?
    Id like to openly and agrssively **** on Carol, honestly. Monica actually is worthy of a good wanking, and most of all....
    The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Monica deserves the push that Carols getting, but she's not s pretty white girl thus (to many) less marketable. Thats wrong aa wrong so here we are. Its a hypocrisy. This should be stickied on the front page... It reminds me everday of marvels shitty hypocrisy and that they actually ARE pandering with all thier considerable media might while disregarding and disrespecting thier long time fan base.

Finally, because Monica Led the avengers and because she deserves the name after those runs.
    MONICA is Captain Marvel while carol is captain feminism or captain mary sue, and it sucks everything down to shitty fan vs fan warring when she cut here hair and became this new thing. Monica is an awesome character and I genuinely believe she's gotten the shaft while Carols getting the gold even though here books dont verifiably sell that well. *shurg*. There is btw a Carol Danvers appreciation thead, and appreciation threads dont allow discourse so here is the best place to discuss Monica and carol based issues freely.
    *lots of typos sorry Im on my phone
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 08-18-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Awesome!
    Is it possible to colour it in Monica's signature white and black colour, though?
    Thank you! And yes!

MonicaBW.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Thank you! And yes!

MonicaBW.jpg
    Omg, that looks
    amazing! Thank you.

Monica.jpg

Kudos! I wish this were a poster!

Monica.jpg
    I like...

We need a Captain Marvels team book...just call it the Marvels...I would so read it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

little off-topic but I think the best place to debut live-action Monica Rambeau is in a Netflix Blade series. I could see them setting a lot of Blade's activity in Louisiana (given the popularity of southern vampires).