Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I get being a superfanatic fan, but this is just repulsive and in severely bad taste.
    This is the guy who's always calling her "the Glistening Golden Captain Marvel" without a trace of irony. Every time he posts that, I inadvertently imagine Monica in a too-small bathing suit slathering suntan lotion on herself. "Glistening" is not a dignified word to describe anybody with, with the possible exception of bodybuilders and swimsuit models.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what celebrities know about Monica? Have any spoken about her publicly?
    None from what I've looked up, I'm afraid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    She needs to be "Captain ____" I'll think of something later. Her whole backstory is why she was "Capitan Maravilla" in the first place. Man by the way, great post topic. Even when I was just a wee lad I thought she was a cool character.
    It is wise for marvel comics to acknowledge the comicbook character Monica Rambeau to be;
    "Capitan Maravilla"

"Captain Universe"

including the Captain Universe mask

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It is wise for marvel comics to acknowledge the comicbook character Monica Rambeau to be;
    "Capitan Maravilla"...
    It is unwise for Marvel to use any kind of name that might remind people of the Marville comic.

BANNED

Shanola Hampton, Kerry Washington and Gina Torres are fine celebrities to me to portray the very first Captain Marvel woman in the MCU.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jazzy Johnny "Ring-a-Ding" Romita!!!

Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wasp

The Captain is a Marvel!

By John Romita Jr & Sr.
    http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/jo...ta-sr-birthday
    http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blo...romita-sr.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Shanola Hampton, Kerry Washington and Gina Torres are fine celebrities to me to portray the very first Captain Marvel woman in the MCU.
    I personally would not mind Gina or Kerry as Carol Danvers, I'm not conviced about Shanola Hampton.

But considering that Brie LArson is already cast, and Avengers: Infinity War is already filming, I don't see the point of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    isn't Monica on the power level of Franklin Richards?

i mean thats too overpowered for captain marvel
    This reminds me of the nonsense excuse that in the past, marvel editorial stated that the very first Captain Marvel woman seemed to them be 'too f***ing powerful' and thus wanted her powers to be scaled back.
    To get to the power level of Franklin Richards, in the Marvel Universe, Captain Marvel is to evolve into Captain Universe!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    Has anyone outside of the X titles had a worse list of monikers than Monica? She's awesome, but it's tough to get excited about a character named "Spectrum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, like "Hulk", or even "Batman" are such exciting names...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
    She's cosmically powerful. "Spectrum" doesn't do a good job of conveying it. Sounds like a third string X-Man.
    Spectrum is not an X-Man but a supervillain who gives the Avengers a run for their money;

Mighty Member

For the last time, "Madame Marvel" is the best choice. I mean, she came from New Orleans for gods sakes! So the "Madame" part makes even more sense.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Dwayne Glenn McDuffie!!!

From Captain Marvel # 1 Nov 1989

Written by Dwayne McDuffie. Art by Doc Bright, Stan Drake and Frank Bolle
    http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-dwayne-mcduffie/
    http://ew.com/books/2017/02/17/joe-i...ersity-comics/
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/ezra-clayt...comics-winner/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I find it kind of sad that she is one of the few Avengers to never appear in the Lego games so far. I mean with her powers she could be ANY form of energy for Lego fans to construct.
    Yes, it´s a pretty cool thing imo that the very first Captain Marvel woman can be ANY form of energy for Lego fans to construct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I find it kind of sad that she is one of the few Avengers to never appear in the Lego games so far. I mean with her powers she could be ANY form of energy for Lego fans to construct.
    That actually is a pretty good reason to not have her in the game.

I remember that Marvel Team Up issue. Too bad it wasn't a mini-series.

As a fan of the original Marvel's Captain Marvel, I had zero problems Monica being named Captain Marvel. I thought she was a cool new character when she hit the scene and if there was ever a time and place to use the name, that was it.

Strangely, at the opposite end, I will never accept Carol as Captain Marvel. And I loved her as Ms. Marvel and Warbird. Maybe it's because to me she is sort of a Legacy character and I always hated the concept. I'm a Marvel guy and it's the sort of thing that made me stay away from DC. Carol becoming Cap to me felt like "hey you over there, you have Marvel in your name, you're blond, you met the Kree, you're friend with Mar-Vell, you're Captain Marvel now".

The Fact that Monica had zero connections to Mar-Vell just make it work. It even gave the character some spice. And I thought her becoming "Photon" whatever just weaken the character a lot.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 02-25-2017 at 04:49 AM.