Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Eh, I think that Warbird outfit would look even better if the bare upper legs were covered with the same color cloth as the bikini top and high boots. The sash would break it up just fine, and she could keep the bare shoulders.

I don't need to see her hips, or know anything about her shaving habits, to know that she's hot.

I can go either way on the mask. It served a purpose back in the day. Not so much now that she's 'out' as a superhero with a public identity.

And now I'm thinking Genis-Vell taking the Binary codename as a sign of respect for Carol would probably be kinda neat. A male character carrying on the legacy of a female character.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And now I'm thinking Genis-Vell taking the Binary codename as a sign of respect for Carol would probably be kinda neat. A male character carrying on the legacy of a female character.
    Is Genis still around? I thought he was dead?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I believe what's left of him is still scattered around the Darkforce Dimension.

Yeah, but that guy above was talking about Genis being brought back and taking the Binary name and becoming an antagonist for Carol. And it made me think that Genis coming back and taking the name out of respect for Carol would be cool. I don't think there's much real interest in bringing him back at all, of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they had a chance to make monica into captain universe and give her a VIP role in the marvel universe when hickman joined the avengers.
    To me, it makes so much sense that in the Marvel Universe Captain Marvel evolves into Captain Universe!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    In terms of raw power, and forthright compassionate character, Monica was created as Superman-level.
    I do not agree that the very first Captain Marvel woman was created as "Superman-level" since her look and abilities are wholly original and nothing like the very generic colors of red, blue and yellow for the look and strength , invulnerability and flight for the abilities.

The very first Captain Marvel woman works for me because with said character marvel comics truly has a marvel comics Captain Marvel who is truly unique, just as dc has a unique Billy Batson Captain Marvel Between the two no similarities in costume colors and abilities whatsoever

Even Nextwave's excellent talent, found it easier to sell Devil Dinosaur as a villain and Monica as the character Captain America didn't respect.
    This is to me so very, very TRUE! I surmise said character to be Stevil even back then and was intentionally endorsing the very first Captain Marvel woman to put her on top just for
    his twisted pleasure to knock her down Of course the comicbook character Stevil also got a kick out of endorsing the comicbook character Carl Manvers in order to play said character for an utter chump later down the line.

BANNED

Because it's always been Carol that Marvel has been pushing to be its female flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Because it's always been Carol that Marvel has been pushing to be its female flagship.
    To quote a certain nun I used to know, don't say always unless it is always.

Monica got years of exposure. Her power levels can be challenging for many writers especially in a team book. She got a long run in Avengers and a few swings since. More than many characters.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I thought it was interesting that Ewing gave Monica -- not Carol -- Cosmic Awareness. How very much like Captain Mar-Vell, indeed. A nice twist of fortune, that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Ewing gave Monica -- not Carol -- Cosmic Awareness. How very much like Captain Mar-Vell, indeed. A nice twist of fortune, that.
    Briefly in the 70's Carol had a "seventh sense" which was similar to Mar-Vell's CA, but that went away. Her present powers are really her toned down Binary powers which are different from her Mar-Vell powers.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Briefly in the 70's Carol had a "seventh sense" which was similar to Mar-Vell's CA, but that went away. Her present powers are really her toned down Binary powers which are different from her Mar-Vell powers.
    Toned down to writers who have a bias against Carol.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-25-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I really don't see it that way. To me, her power level was brought down to make her more appealing and manageable to readers and writers.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's kind of a cycle with writers in general, irrespective of bias. Some writers come in with a specific story in mind, so they'll raise or lower a character's power levels to accommodate that narrative. Happens all of the time. I do think, though, that Carol shouldn't have to power up to reach Binary level. That's just a load of crap for so many reasons. Either remove the option altogether, or let her keep her full Binary levels at all times and on demand.

I feel the same way about Monica. Ewing introduced the concept of Monica and Blue Marvel merging to become an Omega Servitor, but I wish he had foregone the device and simply established that Monica is the Omega Servitor without needing Blue Marvel in any way. After all, we still don't exactly know the source of the extra-dimensional energy that gave Monica her powers. It's an easy connect to link her to the 2nd Iteration and the servitors created by the rebelling Celestials, who were known as "the multicolored ones." Sounds like wavelengths of the spectrum to me.

This was funny, by the way...

"So. Is it my turn to be Captain Marvel again?"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-26-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Honestly i prefer Monica over Carol as the holder of the name, because i felt she was more likeable. I still like her more than Carol even before CWII in Ultimates and really she held the title better in my opinion.