Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast

At this moment, I just want her on a good book as regular
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    At this moment, I just want her on a good book as regular
    Yeah, that's sort of the downside of not having half a dozen Avenger books. Yeah, it sort of makes the main Avengers book more important. But Without satellite books, it's tough to find any sort of real estate for secondary Avengers like Monica to find a home.

I sort of miss Hickmans Avengers format. With an army of Avengers, even if they are not all used on every mission in every story, at least a good number of them can be around somewhere.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm disappointed that Monica doesn't really play a role in Infinity Wars as far as I can tell.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This is a lot of speculation. Who says that if Monica shows up in a movie she's automatically going to be Carol's sidekick?
    Marvel has established a tradition of "black buddies" appearing/ suiting up in sequels. War Machine, Falcon, Goliath all fit into that category. They did something similar with the the Wasp not suiting up until the ant man sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Marvel has established a tradition of "black buddies" appearing/ suiting up in sequels. War Machine, Falcon, Goliath all fit into that category. They did something similar with the the Wasp not suiting up until the ant man sequel.
    That and the fact that the movie is titled "Captain Marvel", not "Spectrum". Or "Monica Rambeau: The Once and Future Captain Marvel". lol
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Monica's powers in a Netflix show or the small screen would be pointless - she'll just be relegated to being a talk-to.
    Disney will begin their own streaming service next year which is a development where it is possible Captain Marvel's powers will be shown on point.

I'd like to see Monica re-ignite a dying sun/star. That would be an Omega power stunt that would really set her apart from other energy-powers-based characters.

Oh... just thought of something-- Monica should be able to replicate the Phoenix Force if she's exposed to it long enough, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see Monica re-ignite a dying sun/star. That would be an Omega power stunt that would really set her apart from other energy-powers-based characters.

Oh... just thought of something-- Monica should be able to replicate the Phoenix Force if she's exposed to it long enough, right?
    Unless they completely redefine her powers, I don't think we'll see Monica reignite a dying star. Most stars are basically giant orbs of hydrogen-based nuclear reactions. That's the fuel that drives them. When they run out of that fuel they collapse due to the intense gravity. (Oddly enough, while they burn cooler, and still continue to emit radiation, these neutron stars aren't generating heat or light the way that they would if they had a fuel source. But I digress...) Electromagnetic waves -- i.e., Monica -- are essentially the end product of said nuclear reactions. In order to reignite a star, Monica would either need to be able to transmute elements, or somehow have a reversion power that allows her to deconstruct her energies and matter to their original state. In layman's terms, that would be like being able to have a raging fire revert back into kindling and the combustible spark.

That said, this is comics. It wouldn't be the first time that a writer establishes a feat as canon that has no scientific explanation, feasibility or validity.

The Phoenix Force would be an interesting idea. It is comprised of the sum total of all psionic energy that ever was and ever will be. It would have to be somehow quantum entangled in order for that to be true. But is psionic energy the same as every other form of energy? I'm not so sure.

I suspect Marvel has always viewed psionic energy as something that is part science, part metaphysics. Monica should be able to easily manufacture and manipulate the bioelectrical aspect of psionic energy. She should also able to shutdown the electrical centers of the brain, even make mutants and other individuals unable to access their powers. But replicate Phoenix Force-scale psionic energies? I'm not so sure about that. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Or if we're really swinging for the fences, why not create a "Spectral Force" that does for Monica what the Phoenix Force does for Jean? Imagine Monica with access to all of the forms of energy that ever existed ... or ever will. Holy ****, Batman!!!

~James Baldwin

January solicitations shows a Captain Marvel: Monica Rambeau TPB. All notable appearances when she was C.M. �� finally!

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    There was a perception among creators that Monica was Roger Stern's character, and that he should be the one who stewarded the character. You have to remember that this was during the period when the creator rights' issues were starting to boil over. It was not an official policy, but a sign of respect for Roger.
    I did a custom bind of Stern's Avengers run and included a lot of articles, etc in the back of each of book. There were some interesting things regarding Monica...here is one:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-unfortun...eau-1726108988

There was also a CBR article about how Stern quit Avengers due to editorial and what they wanted done with her vs what he wanted to do...

EDIT: Sorry I just realized I replied to a very old post. I'm brain dead.
    Last edited by bobellis75; 10-17-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, that's sort of the downside of not having half a dozen Avenger books. Yeah, it sort of makes the main Avengers book more important. But Without satellite books, it's tough to find any sort of real estate for secondary Avengers like Monica to find a home.

I sort of miss Hickmans Avengers format. With an army of Avengers, even if they are not all used on every mission in every story, at least a good number of them can be around somewhere.
    Agreed...I liked the rotating roster possibilities.

I do like that Marvel is streamlining some properties though...we don't need 15 Avengers books. It's just publishing a bunch of crap that likely won't sell and then canceling books, restarting other books, canceling more books, etc...they need to focus on just putting out good core books.

But on that note it'd be cool to have maybe a "cosmic" team...go with something like....

Monica Rambeau
    Vision
    Starfox
    Valkyrie
    Nova
    Scarlet Witch (I want the tension between Wanda and Vision)

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    January solicitations shows a Captain Marvel: Monica Rambeau TPB. All notable appearances when she was C.M. �� finally!
    That's cool. I guess they're doing this for the movie to refresh the base's information set.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That's cool. I guess they're doing this for the movie to refresh the base's information set.
    I do think this is something of a cop-out to not have this in the mass-market, and market it only to comics stores. Black-owned bookstores would be another retail option.

BANNED

Talking Happy Halloween!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    I don't know why Marvel didn't "push "her as CM. All I know is that She's my favourite (by far) to ever use the title in the MU.
    To me, Roger Awesome Stern did a commendable job in succeeding of making the character a favourite (by far) among marvel comics readers.