Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Jul 28, 2015

Superman vs Batman. Versus Zombie Vampires? John Byrne and Art Adams did that in 1987! Plus, Augie's review of "Ant-Man"!

Full article here.

I know it totally ruins your snarky blurb underneath, but in that first panel of art, Batman has his arms bent, so those are actually his elbows & the anatomy of it is just right... Just so's ya' know.
    Otherwise, thanks for the reminder of this book. Always loved the artwork even if the story lacks... a lot.

Fantastic Member

I remember this story. Though I always enjoy Superman and Batman going up against the supernatural, I also find Superman's vulnerability to magic to be a bit tedious. I don't mind the idea that he is vulnerable, just that these stories often overlook the fact that Superman, even vulnerable, has lots of other powers that could counteract those of a magical being. After all, no vampire is anywhere in the ballpark when it comes to Superman's strength or speed. And isn't his heat-vision the same as an extension of the sun (given that it is derived from solar power)?

The recent New 52 "I Vampire" series handled this best - in a war between the superhumans of Earth and Mary's vampires, the vampires would lose badly. It's a shame that series never came to its desired conclusion. As I recall, her anger at the coming of the superhumans was a major motivation behind Mary's desire to go to war.