Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Because she never beat any of her friends before she joined the X-men?
    Those are 2 different situations. Rogue was young and her parents were terrorists. She did change. If Rogue were still acting that way, it would be different.

Magneto is a manipulative, dirty old goon:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    To be honest, only a select few believe that Rogue hooked up with Magneto because of AoX. There was always a connection there.
    Nice try, she kept mentioning she wasn't sure if it was Legacy's memories or not that made her attracted to him.

Astonishing Member

Lol that picture's so goofy, it always makes me laugh.

But basically, yes, she reformed, felt remorse, and stayed reformed. Mags not so much... Fool me once shame on you, fool me seven times...

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Those are 2 different situations. Rogue was young and her parents were terrorists. She did change. If Rogue were still acting that way, it would be different.

He's giving her a magnetic orgasm. What's wrong with that?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    He had great character beats and they were not all overpowered or continuously falling into the same tropes of Claremont's heavy handed exposition (every move needing a detailed recount from the chacrater)."I am walking on the ground now with my boots and the earth feels solid.Oh what a grand day to be a mutant with the ability to take to the skies if needed but sometimes walking on the ground makes me feel a little closer to the human world we are striving to protect and blend into. I like to coffee."
    Some of the stories were a little flatlined but you could tell he had care for the characters and took time to learn about their histories.

This made me laugh more than it should have, so thank you kind sir/madame!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    It was creepy and gross. Just like Mike Carey's other convoluted unions. Like Mystique and Iceman, or Frenzy and Cyclops/Basilisk.

He can't write romantic relationship without it feeling forced and provocative. He had to create AOX just justify Rogue and Magneto being together. She deserved so much better. (And i'm not talking about Gambit.)
    Thank you for your answer!

Mystique and Iceman I found to be interesting until she betrayed him and the rest of the x-men.

I liked Age of X although the pay off was pretty poor. Nothing was done with it and possible drama filled character interactions were squandered. Overall I enjoyed his run on X-men up until it became centered on Rogue. I dropped it shortly after that because it became boring to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    It was creepy and gross. Just like Mike Carey's other convoluted unions. Like Mystique and Iceman, or Frenzy and Cyclops/Basilisk.

He can't write romantic relationship without it feeling forced and provocative. He had to create AOX just justify Rogue and Magneto being together. She deserved so much better. (And i'm not talking about Gambit.)
    All the best X-Men relationships are creepy and gross.

Frenzy/Basilisk was the best romantic course he had on his menu.

Supernovas, Blinded by the Light, Messiah Complex, Xavier Legacy, and the first few issues of Rogue Legacy when he was pushing her as a teacher were all good.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I had no idea it was held in such high regard. I've just read up to the beginning of it's involvement in Messiah Complex (I'm just going to read the whole Messiah Complex next) but I've been pretty impressed, particularly with the last arc. I really like Carey's Iceman. The scene where he locks down Sunfire was pretty cool. My only complaint is that I really don't dig the art for most of the run. Bachalo seems to get so much work and love but I just don't see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    I had no idea it was held in such high regard. I've just read up to the beginning of it's involvement in Messiah Complex (I'm just going to read the whole Messiah Complex next) but I've been pretty impressed, particularly with the last arc. I really like Carey's Iceman. The scene where he locks down Sunfire was pretty cool. My only complaint is that I really don't dig the art for most of the run. Bachalo seems to get so much work and love but I just don't see the appeal.
    Me too. He's definitely one of the better Iceman writers out there.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post

The funny thing is that in the actual comic is she who gives Mags a beat because he got possessed

Of Mike Carey stories, I liked more his entire run on X-men before X-men Legacy, especially Blinded by the light.

Of X-men Legacy with Xavier I liked his fight with the Acolytes
    Age of X from Rogue`s X-men Legacy.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-07-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Just out of interest, who else would you rate as an Iceman writer?

The other thing I really liked about Carey's run was the new villains. I mean, it's not just me who thinks there seems to be a real lack of recent additions to the rogues gallery right? I guess there's the future Brotherhood for the past X-Men now. I'd like to see more of that Serafina character. The whole Children of the Vault concept was really cool

I enjoyed Age of X.

No More Humans was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Just out of interest, who else would you rate as an Iceman writer?

Lobdell, Liu, and Aaron to an extent. Teen Bobby is the best part of All-New X-Men because, really, the only voice Bendis has written in that book is Iceman's. He just uses it for every other character too.