BANNED

Default Deathstroke #01: Annual

Deathstroke #01: Annual.

Discuss.

Moderator Note - This type of post is a rules violation. However, removing this post will delete the entire thread.

In the future, if you wish to discuss something, actual discussion is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland
    PUT SOME THOUGHT AND EFFORT INTO IT

Opening posts of any thread should set the tone by introducing the topic and being a springboard for further conversation. Do not succinctly give a topic and then simply say "Discuss" or something similar, expecting other people to run with it. Do not only provide a link to somewhere else or copy/paste an entire article from elsewhere without adding your own thoughts. It’s no one’s job to start threads to make up for whatever particular topics they feel are missing from the forums or need to be split from other conversations, so do not start threads with the empty notion of filling a void without putting the effort into presenting the topic as something worth discussing. If you want to say something, then say it. If you can’t muster up enough effort to start a thread properly, wait for someone else to do it.
    Don't create a spoiler thread when you don't have spoilers, it's in bad taste.

Fantastic Member

Well this has been a superb discussion so far on the annual........
    Vary vague spoilers but not really ahead:

Oh well, I guess I'll begin by saying I find the characterization and portrayal of Wonder Woman and cast to be most excellent. I could do without the 'threats' of death but feel they are being made halfway in jest. I also was surprised to see the story was not concluded but will happily read on.

Does Deathstroke Annual have Wonder Woman in it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LCI View Post
    Does Deathstroke Annual have Wonder Woman in it?
    Yes. quite a bit actually. She gets equal page count to Deathstroke

I don't think the annual adds anything to the story, because WW and DS are thrown into another plane most of the issue and it seemed to me it was just some fill-in issue.

DS faces manifestations of his kids and Hessia in a dream-like sequence created by Lapetus and WW faces the same with a manifestation of Kal El in a post apocalyptic world where the sun has exploded and where War has won because of WW.
    And then they just cut through monsters and go back to Themyscira using a portal.

Oh and by the way, WW's powers fluctuate in that realm, she can barely fly.

I felt the same way... at the end of the issue I was wondering what even actually happened to further the story. And Diana was way too threaten-y for my tastes.

It is, in fact, against the rules to post a placeholder thread.

If you wish to discuss a book, you need to actually discuss it. Posting 'this is out: discuss' is a no-no.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I thought it was in line with how many annuals are, which isn't necessarily a good thing. In that regard, it felt like it was a story you could skip altogether, but since it's an annual, it goes into greater length than most stories. Overall, it was kind of interesting, and it piqued my interest more than the regular title has.

I'm happily surprised at how prominent Wonder Woman has been in DEATHSTROKE. They shouldn't have even bothered putting Superman on the cover of the annual given his role it it. It did make me miss the New 52 version of her armor though. I'm still not crazy about her current one.

Extraordinary Member

I see that Steve is among those rope who Diana cannot bear to lose.

Poor Wonder Woman, an Amazon torn between her love for Earth's greatest male hero and Superman.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Poor Wonder Woman, an Amazon torn between her love for Earth's greatest male hero and Superman.

Thank you for the laugh today, sir.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Thank you for the laugh today, sir.
    I just took another look at that comic, after your comment!! I don't see Steve, I only see Superman, her mother and deathstroke's daughter and son. I have no idea what your talking about??
    Last edited by chlj1; 08-07-2015 at 07:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Scans or didn't happened

Extraordinary Member

Ah, I see. The guy I though was Steve was actually Jericho.

What a pity. The writers must not have got the email about Steve...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor