Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Claw of Justice!

I enjoyed this issue more than the last one. I think the best part of the book is the way the paper around the panels looks like it's from an old book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    Really enjoying this series, I hope Kim and Maura come back for more Witchfinder, I especially love the archaic dialect.

But did anyone else notice this from #4's Hellmail? - "Next month we wrap it up with a huge climax and a postscript better than Howard the Duck showing up in Guardians..."
    Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?
    I'm hoping something to do with the Heliotropic Brotherhood of Ra, Grey still has a ways to go to destroying their public offices.

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    Really enjoying this series, I hope Kim and Maura come back for more Witchfinder, I especially love the archaic dialect.

But did anyone else notice this from #4's Hellmail? - "Next month we wrap it up with a huge climax and a postscript better than Howard the Duck showing up in Guardians..."
    Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?
    No idea. Such a tease...

I liked the mention of Jenny Greenteeth a la "The Corpse."

Quote Originally Posted by petriacce View Post
    I liked the mention of Jenny Greenteeth a la "The Corpse."
    Yeah that was a nice touch. I can't believe I forgot to mention that in my review. I meant to.

All-New Member

Over all I enjoyed this arc - the last issue was super packed with plot though and, to be honest, the ending felt a little rushed. Still, a good run and I'll happily read any more Witchfinder stories by Newman and McHugh.

I also enjoyed Edward Grey's presence a lot more - I found his personality and tone too dry in previous incarnations but i'ts nice to see how he's developed a sense of humour.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    No idea. Such a tease...
    It was way better than Howard the Duck... it was Abe! I hope we actually see the pay off of the tease.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was way better than Howard the Duck... it was Abe! I hope we actually see the pay off of the tease.
    I've no doubt we will. When and where though? I'm hoping it'll pop up after A Darkness so Great, preferably in an Abe Sapien flashback story drawn by Tyler Crook.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I've no doubt we will. When and where though? I'm hoping it'll pop up after A Darkness so Great, preferably in an Abe Sapien flashback story drawn by Tyler Crook.
    That's what I'm hoping for as well. As soon as I saw the shadowy figure in the rain coat I knew it was Abe and it gave me the biggest grin. I was initially disappointed that it wasn't the current Abe as I'd like to see some hint that he gets out of his current funk in the near future but I'll take a flashback as the previous ones have been fun.

It was a good series. Though I probably should have read all together. At some point around the third issue, I lost track of some of the characters and who was related to whom.
    But the overall story was good and eerie and Tyler delivered as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    It was a good series. Though I probably should have read all together. At some point around the third issue, I lost track of some of the characters and who was related to whom.
    But the overall story was good and eerie and Tyler delivered as usual.
    Yes, I definitely agree. This story works so much better in one sitting.