Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I will book my bus fare soon. I'm looking forward to this one and hope Mike Mignola will come here at some point...
    mignola.jpg

Exclamation Wax

These are great words: witchfinder, unland, hallam.

The writing-art reflects this series' focus on offbeat environment-construction. This series reminds me of the movie "Silent Hill" (2006).

If Hallam is a 'place of secrets,' then we can literally 'see' (in the art-work) creative re-inventions of the concept of 'labyrinth.'

Silent Hill

hell-city.jpg

The Claw of Justice!

Has anyone here read any of Kim Newman's other books? I started reading one about a month ago, and I've bought a few more since then. I'm really enjoying them. I love seeing all the nods to characters from all over literature.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Has anyone here read any of Kim Newman's other books? I started reading one about a month ago, and I've bought a few more since then. I'm really enjoying them. I love seeing all the nods to characters from all over literature.
    By the way, while I'd love to have Kim/Maura/Tyler make a return visit to Sir Edward's world (if Mike's not planning another volume himself anytime soon), I'm thinking of checking out the Anno Dracula: 1895 Seven Days In Mayhem graphic novel tpb collection by Kim with art by Paul McCaffrey due out from amazon and Barnes & Noble in November. (Not sure if/when may be available at comic book shops around here).