Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Tomorrow I'll try to do one of Marvel or DC characters as stand-ins for the Gilligan's Island crew. I know that show was way before most of the forum goers' time, but it was an extremely popular show back in the day. Let me see if I can remember the cast:

The First Mate (Gilligan)
    The Skipper
    The Millionaire (Thurston Howell III)
    The Millionaire's Wife ("Lovey")
    The Movie Star (Ginger)
    The Professor
    Mary Ann
    The Ship (The S.S. Minnow)
    you reminded me of a build i did at another site a few years ago.
    The challenge was taking old TV shows and recasting them w. comicbook characters. I've been doing/saving these things since forever, so this was my contribution, Three's Company. Its 99.9% Marvel, so it should fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Do you watch CW’s Stargirl?
    It’s been mentioned humorously twice now, each time Pat Dugan (Stripesy) has shown an old pic of the Seven Soldiers to someone that “there are eight” of them!

yeah that is what made me think of the team. Although Wing is not counted but Speedy and Stripsey are is odd. Well he is not a white guy so maybe not odd for the time.
    Last edited by pageturner; 07-31-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    yeah that is what made me think of the team. Although Wing is not counted but Speedy and Stripsey are is odd. Well he is not a white guy so maybe not odd for the time.
    I -think- that response was to me?
    I’m gonna pretend it was because it seems to answer my question really well!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Here's the stand-in crew for Gilligan's Island...

The First Mate (Gilligan) - Slapstick
    The Skipper - Ben Grimm
    The Millionaire (Thurston Howell III) - Tony Stark (I was really tempted to use Warren Worthington III, a.k.a., the high-flying Angel, but Tony's snark tops Warren's easily)
    The Millionaire's Wife ("Lovey") - Emma Frost
    The Movie Star (Ginger) - Lorelei
    The Professor - Dr. Walter Langkowski (Sasquatch)
    Mary Ann - Kitty Pryde

The Ship (The S.S. Minnow) - "Ship" from the Marvel Preview stories featuring Starlord (Sinjin Quarrel)
    The Island - Monster Isle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Original Star Trek, here we go!

USS Enterprise NCC-1701: The Bowie (from GOTG)
    James T. Kirk (Captain): Christopher Summers
    Spock (First Officer/Science Officer): Hank Pym
    Leonard H. McCoy (Chief Medical Officer): Cecilia Reyes
    Nyota Uhura (Communications): Douglas Ramsey
    Montgomery Scott (Engineering): Tony Stark
    Hikaru Sulu (Helmsman): Hepzibah
    Pavel Chekov (Navigator/Security Officer): Gamora
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I'll hop on the Star Trek train and throw out a TNG-based team:

U.S.S. Enterprise-D - The X-Men Blackbird
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Charles Xavier (duh)
    Commander William Riker - Cyclops
    Geordi La Forge - Forge
    Worf - Wolverine
    Doctor Beverly Crusher - Moira MacTaggert
    Deanna Troi - Jean Grey
    Data - Danger

Bonus:
    Q - Impossible Man
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Welcome Back Kotter

Vinnie Gambit
    Freddie Bishop
    Epstein Wolverine
    Horschack Nightcrawler

Has anyone done the Star Trek: Deep Space 9 crew yet? Here is the original cast from the first season.

Commander Sisko - Adam Brashear
    Jake Sisko - Max Brashear
    Odo - Morph
    Doctor Bashir - Dr. Faiza Hussain
    Lieutenant Dax - Her
    Chief O'Brien - Banshee
    Quark - Pip the Troll
    Major Kira - Thundra
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-04-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Has anyone done the Star Trek: Deep Space 9 crew yet? Here is the original cast from the first season.

Odo - Morph
    Lieutenant Dax - Her
    Chief O'Brien - Banshee
    Quark - Pip the Troll
    Major Kira - Thundra
    This is my favorite one so far!

Thanks. I was tempted to sub Loki for Pip, but decided to give the Pip some screen time. Loki is popular enough.

Thanks. I was tempted to sub Loki for Pip, but decided to give the Pip some screen time. Loki is popular enough.
    Great choice. Pip fits way better w. the overall team.

-thumbs up-

Playing around w. Filmation’s Space Sentinels and Freedom Force.

I liked the way the DVD cover had each group of heroes off to either side of Hercules, who’d been a member of both teams...:

The cover wasn’t complete though, as it didn’t include Sinbad, who was a member of Freedom Force...:

Anyhow, here are my Marvel versions...:

SPACE SENTINELS
    Besides Herc, The Space Sentinels have Lyja, a heroic Skrull prone to take on various useful animal forms, and Makkari, one of the fastest characters in the Marvel Universe, even known to occasionally run across space itself.

FREEDOM FORCE
    Along w. Herc, Freedom Force are a more earth based team in terms of members, but they’re still apt to go on cosmic type adventures.
    Marvel has an Isis, but she’s pretty blah, and hasn’t gotten much screen-time. Meryet Karim, aka Lady Sphinx though, is powerful, and pretty cool. I can see her being heroic, while still having a deep hatred for Richard Ryder, which her team would have to deal with if they ever crossed paths.
    Merlin in the Marvel Universe is, well, Merlin. He’s every bit as powerful as you’d think he’d be.
    Shingen Harada, Silver Samurai II, is the youngest member of Freedom Force. A well trained swordsman, he also has a healing factor, and high tech armor and weapons. Hercules has taken him under his wing,
    Marvel’s Sinbad is a cunning strategist and warrior. Armed w. a few mystical artifacts he can cast some small illusions and simple spells; his twice blessed weapons can inflict more damage than would seem possible. While Merlin considers what Sinbad does to be parlor tricks, he does admit Sinbad uses all his resources well, combining everything into a unique and effective fighting style.

Odo - Morph
    Lieutenant Dax - Her
    Chief O'Brien - Banshee
    Quark - Pip the Troll
    Major Kira - Thundra
    What's great about this is my buddy suggested Avery Brooks as MCU!Adam just weeks ago.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Playing around w. Filmation’s Space Sentinels and Freedom Force.

I liked the way the DVD cover had each group of heroes off to either side of Hercules, who’d been a member of both teams...:

The cover wasn’t complete though, as it didn’t include Sinbad, who was a member of Freedom Force...:

Anyhow, here are my Marvel versions...:

SPACE SENTINELS
    Besides Herc, The Space Sentinels have Lyja, a heroic Skrull prone to take on various useful animal forms, and Makkari, one of the fastest characters in the Marvel Universe, even known to occasionally run across space itself.

FREEDOM FORCE
    Along w. Herc, Freedom Force are a more earth based team in terms of members, but they’re still apt to go on cosmic type adventures.
    Marvel has an Isis, but she’s pretty blah, and hasn’t gotten much screen-time. Meryet Karim, aka Lady Sphinx though, is powerful, and pretty cool. I can see her being heroic, while still having a deep hatred for Richard Ryder, which her team would have to deal with if they ever crossed paths.
    Merlin in the Marvel Universe is, well, Merlin. He’s every bit as powerful as you’d think he’d be.
    Shingen Harada, Silver Samurai II, is the youngest member of Freedom Force. A well trained swordsman, he also has a healing factor, and high tech armor and weapons. Hercules has taken him under his wing,
    Marvel’s Sinbad is a cunning strategist and warrior. Armed w. a few mystical artifacts he can cast some small illusions and simple spells; his twice blessed weapons can inflict more damage than would seem possible. While Merlin considers what Sinbad does to be parlor tricks, he does admit Sinbad uses all his resources well, combining everything into a unique and effective fighting style.
    Hands down, these were some of my favorite cartoons from waaaay back when. I like your line-ups. Someone get Marvel on telepresence and make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    What's great about this is my buddy suggested Avery Brooks as MCU!Adam just weeks ago.
    Mr. Brooks would have been perfect for the role. I used to watch him all of the time on Spenser for Hire and A Man Called Hawk. My only lament is that we all age. Avery Brooks, Delroy Lindo and Dennis Haysbert would all make a solid Blue Marvel. But I personally think all are too old now to take the roll. Adam may be 80-90 years old, but he's supposed to look like a man in his early 40s. Why Marvel artists don't get that is beyond me.