Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This is an old one I did and like. A Marvel version of Batman & The Outsiders...:
    Ooh, I kind of like that lineup! (Not so much Wolverine, but paired with a few non-mutants like Elektra, Night Thrasher, Lightspeed and Sandman, and some less used mutants like Rictor and Rachel, that's cool!) Karolina Dean might make an even better replacement for Halo, than Lightspeed (not that I'd want to break her out of the Runaways...).

My own older idea for a Marvel 'Justice League;'

High-flying hero paragon with alien-derived superhuman strength and toughness, he is Nova. (not Superman)
    Night-stalking vigilante who makes up for not having powers with a mixture of stealth, equipment, fighting skill and street smarts, he is the Prowler. (not Batman)
    Powerful warrior woman from a culture connected to gods and legends, she is Valkyrie. (not Wonder Woman)
    Royal aquatic hero from a culture long removed from human society, he is Triton. (not Aquaman)
    Strong-willed creator of colorful energy constructs, she is Songbird. (not Green Lantern)
    Impulsive speedster trailing lightning in her wake, she is Surge (or Jolt). (not the Flash)
    Spellcaster with a(n in)famous father, and tendency towards skimpy outfits, he is Hellstorm. (not Zatanna)
    Green-skinned alien shapeshifter with a bewildering amount of powers, he is the Super-Skrull. (not Martian Manhunter)
    They are the Justice Avengers!

(I kind of wanted to veer away from *obvious* homages, like Hyperion or Sentry or Gladiator for Superman, Nighthawk or Moon Knight for Batman, Quicksilver for the Flash, etc.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-19-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    My friend, thought the cartoon adaptation was SEVERELY watered down, the theme song was FIRE. And the rap was just a portion of it. Here's the whole thing:
    Good grief that’s just awful! I must pass this along like cursed video tape in THE RING!

(I kind of wanted to veer away from *obvious* homages, like Hyperion or Sentry or Gladiator for Superman, Nighthawk or Moon Knight for Batman, Quicksilver for the Flash, etc.)
    You did great job on that, w. some really unexpected choices. I LOL’d at not Zatanna, though. That was just mean!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-19-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Marvel UNITY:

X-O Manowar - I̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶ Golden Archer
    Ninjak - S̶h̶a̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶ Iceman
    Bloodshot - D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶l̶o̶k̶ Marvel Boy
    Eternal Warrior - T̶h̶o̶r̶ ̶O̶d̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ Professor X
    Livewire - K̶a̶r̶i̶m̶a̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶p̶a̶n̶d̶a̶r̶ ̶(̶O̶m̶e̶g̶a̶ ̶S̶e̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶l̶)̶ Silverclaw
    GIN-GR - P̶O̶D̶ Lionheart
    This team is, of course, led by Professor X.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This team is, of course, led by Professor X.
    Didn’t Xavier join a motorcycle Gang called The Thunderriders once?

Marvel's Power Company

Power Company was a team of superheroes-for-hire created by Kurt Busiek in the early 2000s.

Wonder Man - takes the place of Josiah Power. Both are energy manipulators and strong men. Simon is the team's founder.

Sandman - serves as a stand in for Bork. Both are strong and invulnerable (of course, Sandman can do more than that).

Kaine - stand in for Manhunter. Both are clones who fight with bladed weaponry.

Toni Ho - stand in for Skyrocket. Both fight with a super exoskeleton.

Andrea Benton - stand in for Sapphire. both bonded with a suit of alien origin.

Jennifer Kale - stand in for Witchfire. Both are, well, witches.

Victor Alvarez - stand in for Striker Z. Both Victor and Striker generate supernatural energy.

Tigra - Greer doesn't have a direct counter in PC but I'll include her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel's Power Company

Power Company was a team of superheroes-for-hire created by Kurt Busiek in the early 2000s.

Wonder Man - takes the place of Josiah Power. Both are energy manipulators and strong men. Simon is the team's founder.

Sandman - serves as a stand in for Bork. Both are strong and invulnerable (of course, Sandman can do more than that).

Kaine - stand in for Manhunter. Both are clones who fight with bladed weaponry.

Toni Ho - stand in for Skyrocket. Both fight with a super exoskeleton.

Andrea Benton - stand in for Sapphire. both bonded with a suit of alien origin.

Jennifer Kale - stand in for Witchfire. Both are, well, witches.

Victor Alvarez - stand in for Striker Z. Both Victor and Striker generate supernatural energy.

Tigra - Greer doesn't have a direct counter in PC but I'll include her anyway.
    I pitched it to Marvel once. Mark Gruenwald liked it, and assigned it to Tom Brevoort to develop, but after that it sat on Mark's desk unread for six months, so I took it back, took it to Image, and then later to DC.

As I recall, the Marvel characters we had in it were Photon, the She-Hulk, Wyldstreak and someone who I can't remember at present, plus three new characters.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I pitched it to Marvel once. Mark Gruenwald liked it, and assigned it to Tom Brevoort to develop, but after that it sat on Mark's desk unread for six months, so I took it back, took it to Image, and then later to DC.

As I recall, the Marvel characters we had in it were Photon, the She-Hulk, Wyldstreak and someone who I can't remember at present, plus three new characters.

kdb
    I’ve done this build before, and used She-Hulk as well. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

I’ve done this build before, and used She-Hulk as well. I’ll see if I can dig it up.
    She-Hulk wasn't in the Josiah Power position (that was the mysterious "Mr. Barron"). She was in the Witchfire position.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Wow, really?
    Well that’s a nice twist! W. the way she’s being written the last couple years, Jen seemed a good fit to found the team/firm. Can’t say i’m a fan of what’s been done w. Witchfire since the book ended. Skyrocket reminded me of a younger less experienced (at super heroics at least) Photon. Kind of glad she’s been MIA, if only to keep her from getting radically altered.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-21-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Last edited by Riv86672; 12-25-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Didn’t Xavier join a motorcycle Gang called The Thunderriders once?
    He trained them, so he was more like a mentor than a member.

I wonder if he rode in a sidecar...?