Default Batgirl #42 Discussion.

I really liked this one, much more then the last issue (which wasn't bad or anything). Did a good job of walking that does he know line? Plus it was nice to see them not fight. Also Babs is turning into a bit of a player, Lol.

My one nitpick though, how did Livewire end up being back tied up? That didn't really follow.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-29-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Yeah, Jim must absolutely know.

Always Rakzo

Loved the characterization, especially the little hints about how Jim is still aware of everything that happens in the Batfamily.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I really liked this one, much more then the last issue (which wasn't bad or anything). Did a good job of walking that does he know line? Plus it was nice to see them not fight. Also Babs is turning into a bit of a player, Lol.

My one nitpick though, how did Livewire end up being back tied up? That didn't really follow.
    Sorry for going off topic but dude, I love your avatar! I'm a huge Hawks fan myself!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I thought this was a great issue. I liked seeing both costumed BatJim and mecha BatJim drawn in Bab Tarr's art style. I really hope this isn't the last time Jim Gordon shows up in the current creative team's Batgirl ongoing. I'd like to see him make occasional appearances outside of the Bat-suit. It would be nice to get a solid confirmation when Jim is alone that he knows his daughter is Batgirl though.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Astonishing Member

Great comics. Maybe not as many feels and geek-outs as the Annual today, but probably a more solid plot. And like I'm even complaining on Double Batgirl Day.

Livewire continued to be a totally apropos villain for Babs. And for Babs, too. Action was pretty tight. Dialogue fun. Great stuff. This slow build-up to the Luke Fox takeover is also being done really nicely.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I concur about enjoying this issue a lot more than the last, I don't know why... Livewire works great as a Batgirl villain, hope this is not the last we see of her.

Loved seeing more of Alysia at last, even though we know that James Jr. (or someone) will crash her wedding.

I really like Frankie as the new Oracle and the inverted dynamic with Babs as the field agent.

I read annual first so it was nice to see that regular issues remain solid. Highlight for me was that we didn't receive stereotypical fight between Gordon and Batgirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I read annual first so it was nice to see that regular issues remain solid. Highlight for me was that we didn't receive stereotypical fight between Gordon and Batgirl.
    Yeah it's nice when the stories avoid the usual tired tropes which is what I was fearing from last issue.

Also did it seem to anyone else like Barbara wants a piece of Qadir.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I kind of thumbed through it; one of the things that stood out to me was "Batman's" explanation to Batgirl about the GCPD, and they only want sanctioned heroes on the street. Gordon doesn't agree, and i agree with him. the GCPD is ineffectual against the super criminals that are running rampant over Gotham, and they need to face up to that. I'm starting to wonder if bruce is really not making much headway against the tide of evil in Gotham- maybe he should be the Mayor, or something, then he could at least give sanction to the kinds of heroes Gotham needs. And maybe they could institute the death penalty or something. Does Gotham even have one? Granted, it may be a moot point, since most of the super crooks are "Judged" insane, or rarely locked up, but i think even more radical measures need to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Yeah, comparitively the best book of this creative direction so far. Great Batgirl/Batgordon setup out of the gates. Thumbs up for that cover too. Artstyle is still a lot of getting used to. Agree about your nitpick choice. Also, I'll add 2 Batgirl releases on the same day is not right. And the borderless word bubbles is really a detracting challenge as it interrupts the story pacing to determine the balloon tail direction/source in many panels.

Question: Was that really Superman that 'created' Livewire? Was it a sloppy save the city, lose the civilian moment? Did he ever show any panel of believable remorse//guilt over it?

Preview.
    BG-Cv42-ds-f915b.jpg