Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i was told that as it stands just for being A Mutant(Or Inhuman)civilians would be more likely to set you on fire and beat you to death than actually say hello and befriend you....i haven't kept up with The Inhumans/X-Men Crap so if that's the case then what was the whole point of the uncanny avengers if the marvel universe was just gonna become a worse place than before the team was formed
    The point of that entire run was to so how much fighting amongst ourselves (X-men/Avengers) can lead to such destruction when faced with a bigger/imminent threat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was doomed the moment they stuck Scarlet Witch on the team. After what she did she did not need to be on a mutant unity team.
    Neither does Magneto from the hundreds of mutants he possibly killed when emp the entire earth, but he's on the X-men.

Same difference.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    The team was doomed from the start. you have Captain America going to Wolverine again asking for advise, they need someone to lead and avengers team who is a mutant. to help bridge the gap between the two teams. they both admit its Cyclops would be the perfect guy for the job, but he is wanted so they go for his brother instead. but they never really gave him full control, Cap and wolverine were still the leaders, Havok was just a puppet. they forced Rogue and Scarlet Witch to be Friends. Sunfire fire join for some reason and he lost the apocalypse powers that was given to him some how. Wonderman got sucked in to Rogue? i still don't get that at all. there was a lot of bad ideas tossed into this book, but nothing really made it work. the new team looks worst then the last one, so i just skipped it
    This I agree with.

The idea of this team's purpose was intriguing but but this roster was bound to flop.

- Havok: He had success leading government-sponsored teams but in this case 'puppet' describes his role perfectly
    - Rogue: Forced
    - Captain America and Wolverine: Tough to swallow. Cap threw Logan off of a plane and left him to freeze in the Antarctic for disobeying orders. Now they're buddies?
    - Scarlett Witch: Yeah, not exactly my first choice I'd use to promote mutant relations
    - Thor: One of my favorite Marvel Heroes but his stories are light years better in a solo book.

I'm still up for a team with this purpose in mind but this case couldn't do it for me.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-12-2015 at 07:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Neither does Magneto from the hundreds of mutants he possibly killed when emp the entire earth, but he's on the X-men.

Same difference.
    I hate them both, is that okay?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Goodness, the team's problem was its unabashedly evil premise, not the actual cast.

BANNED

Hard to Believe Duggan's Complimenting remender's run and saying he did some great things with those characters when that book seemed to go south shortly after the apocalypse twins appeared and the team met the new horsemen

Same difference.
    I don't understand your comment. Magneto wasn't on the unity team. Being on the unity team isn't the same as being on the X-Men. Magneto being on a team after everything he has done that is designed to promote unity between mutants and normal people is just as ridiculous as putting someone who wished for all mutants to go away on the team, imo.

BANNED

i can only imagine how steve's gonna feel in the new uncanny avengers book......The Unity Squad was a complete failure and they couldn't get along for one mission everyone had at be at each others throats 24/7

instead of working together to show the public that mutants and humans can get along that the events of AVX were nothing more than a horrible mistake....they burned the unity squad's hopes and dreams to the ground with bickering and fighting among themselves

steve should feel horrible about this because it's his fault he's suppose to be the all american hero the face of truth justice and righteous freedom yet he couldn't stop hatred from consuming what was suppose to be a group for peace

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Same difference.
    Wanda slaughtered far more all because of her daddy issues... Than she did it again in the Apoc Twins story.

Magneto isn't exactly trying to promote unity, he's only with the X-Men to protect Mutantkind.

BANNED

the unity squad's mistakes need to be realized before this book can get off the ground properly