Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Deadpool isn't really a mutant, plus as far as I remember captain america doesn't work with killers. . .
    Except Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Except Wanda?
    Among others.......
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Among others.......
    I think that how long your name is not Scott Summers or Frank Castle, you will be fine no matter what you do, even if you commit multiversal genocide.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Except Wanda?
    Never has been, was possessed during all the times she ever did bad things fans keep bringing up.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the difference is that X-man is a test-tube baby, instead, and how long i know, the twins got their powers throught experiments.

Well, that's without counting the planet that Havok destroyed, his M-Word speech, all that Rogue has been through, what the Scarlet Witch said at the start of the series................................
    The planet x was chosen by the whole of the Unity team and other X-men to reverse time to save the earth, not just Havok.

Every Character went threw allot in the series, it was nails to the grind of a story the way it should have been. The Beginning was tacky with the forced team fights, but in the end they came out better as a team and friends, what we should all want in the end. This leads less Schisms and heroes vs. heroes for no reason except to spill more hero and family blood to prove who is better is is better. Hard stories are fine as long as the members and team grows from them.

Also now with RR off the book, I am interested with the All-New, All Different Marvel Era with writer Gerry Duggan at the helm.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Never has been, was possessed during all the times she ever did bad things fans keep bringing up.

The planet x was chosen by the whole of the Unity team and other X-men to reverse time to save the earth, not just Havok.

Every Character went threw allot in the series, it was nails to the grind of a story the way it should have been. The Beginning was tacky with the forced team fights, but in the end they came out better as a team and friends, what we should all want in the end. This leads less Schisms and heroes vs. heroes for no reason except to spill more hero and family blood to prove who is better is is better. Hard stories are fine as long as the members and team grows from them.

Also now with RR off the book, I am interested with the All-New, All Different Marvel Era with writer Gerry Duggan at the helm.
    Well, lets leave the planet x thing at that then, i dont agree but oh well.......................

And yeah, i have faith in this new team, after all, they are living out of Deadpool's money after all.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    The team was doomed from the start. you have Captain America going to Wolverine again asking for advise, they need someone to lead and avengers team who is a mutant. to help bridge the gap between the two teams. they both admit its Cyclops would be the perfect guy for the job, but he is wanted so they go for his brother instead. but they never really gave him full control, Cap and wolverine were still the leaders, Havok was just a puppet. they forced Rogue and Scarlet Witch to be Friends. Sunfire fire join for some reason and he lost the apocalypse powers that was given to him some how. Wonderman got sucked in to Rogue? i still don't get that at all. there was a lot of bad ideas tossed into this book, but nothing really made it work. the new team looks worst then the last one, so i just skipped it
    All this.

Remender was clearly the wrong (if not the WORST) person to write a book like this, although Marvel clearly doesn't care, they just wanted to use X-men character and concepts as a prop for the Avengers books.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    It didn't fulfill the mission statement, but not sure if it was a failure. It seems that there cannot be unity and that the dream is still a long way from reality, could be that was the point. To show that Magneto was right.
    That is pretty much the point, it was meant to be a healing the some of the major schisms from AvX and try to get the ball rolling again for mutant/human relations in the wake of Charles X's death and the talk Scott and Steve had in AvX about doing more for mutants. It showed that they where will to take on the enimies of mutants like the Red Skull and mutants that threaten the plant like the Poccy Twins. That is pretty much how X-Men comics to a degree went in the past, so it figure you have it hear too.

If they want to REALLY Heal the in-depth mutant issues like what Tazpocalapse said below:

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think they should hve explored such subjects as why some factions deem mutants a threat and other superpowered individuals not as much as a threat to their survival. Also the implications that mutants would have on the overall view of superhumans. This was a opportunity to get in depth why some superhuman vilians would try to use mutants for their own gains.The issue of depowered mutants that are adjusting to life should have also been explored.
    That would be Great to do, in fact that be one of the best things to do! But again Marvel needs the will to do it to move the X-Men Story forward from the never-ending human hate of mutants that has been a core of the stories since the X-Men started. For that to happen you need a much more BROAD story that involves ALL the Main X-Men Books as well to do it real justice!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is pretty much the point, it was meant to be a healing the some of the major schisms from AvX and try to get the ball rolling again for mutant/human relations in the wake of Charles X's death and the talk Scott and Steve had in AvX about doing more for mutants. It showed that they where will to take on the enimies of mutants like the Red Skull and mutants that threaten the plant like the Poccy Twins. That is pretty much how X-Men comics to a degree went in the past, so it figure you have it hear too.

If they want to REALLY Heal the in-depth mutant issues like what Tazpocalapse said below:

That would be Great to do, in fact that be one of the best things to do! But again Marvel needs the will to do it to move the X-Men Story forward from the never-ending human hate of mutants that has been a core of the stories since the X-Men started. For that to happen you need a much more BROAD story that involves ALL the Main X-Men Books as well to do it real justice!
    Well, that's not going to happen until DisMarvel and FOX make a deal.

Lightbulb

Well, lets leave the planet x thing at that then, i dont agree but oh well.......................

And yeah, i have faith in this new team, after all, they are living out of Deadpool's money after all.
    I agree with the planet X part, indeed enough debate has been had on it. The Deadpool's money has gotten me interested on why he is the one financing the team? Will be interesting to see why.

Well, that's not going to happen until DisMarvel and FOX make a deal.
    The Sooner that ends the Thank Goodness the Better! But I have little hope for that anytime to see coming soon.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    All this.

Remender was clearly the wrong (if not the WORST) person to write a book like this, although Marvel clearly doesn't care, they just wanted to use X-men character and concepts as a prop for the Avengers books.
    Yep. All of this. 100% agree.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

i wonder if this team will be moving in the right direction with rogue as the leader......although with deadpool goofing off in the background I'm not sure how much work can be done

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Indeed, it was a poor Unity Team and made Rogue and Wasp look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i wonder if this team will be moving in the right direction with rogue as the leader......although with deadpool goofing off in the background I'm not sure how much work can be done
    Wade's more of a team player than a lot of readers may think. There's a method to the majority of his madness.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Looking at post-SW Uncanny Avengers, there's only ONE mutant on what was supposed to be an A+X team! Quicksilver's no longer a mutant, and Deadpool is a sad excuse for an X-character nowadays. Poor Rogue...

Off-topic, but love your signature, Darkgreed!
    deadpool is a sad excuse for a character, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    He'll probably make spider man look like mr. Serious.