Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The SONS (& DAUGHTERS) of the TIGER Appreciation:

Today is International Tiger Day! - http://tigerday.org/

So in that spirit, begins The SONS (& DAUGHTERS) of the TIGER Appreciation & Celebration:

Lin Sun
    Abe Brown
    Bob Diamond
    Hector Ayala
    Lotus Shinchuko
    Detective Blackbyrd
    Master Kee

Angela Del Toro
    &
    Ava Ayala (New White Tiger)

Where is their ongoing series?

Where are their action figures!?

Where is their TV series!?

^Above image Edited from PEREZ.^
    Notice: Five amulets One Head (Ava) / FOUR claws. (Lin Sun, Abe Brown, Bob Diamond, Hector Ayala)
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-29-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Love these guys. I wish Marvel would give them a new book.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Man, I remember enjoying them in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu b&w magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Man, I remember enjoying them in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu b&w magazine.
    So you know what's up!

Almost 40 years ago the last issue of Deadly hands was published.
    In it the last panel promised, the Sons would rise again, as four than five! With Abe and Bob reunited, the search for Lin open ended, and Hector and Lotus (officially)joining.
    The Tigers becoming "Whole Once More!" The set up was all there!

Marvel we are Still waiting on that promise. ""For each is Born ANEW!" ...THE TIGER'S SONS"

Ava Ayala is a great Legacy to the mantle of White Tiger, it's her's wouldn't change that! Or take anything away from her.
    The Three Original Sons, have appeared sporadically.
    And Hector Ayala. Marvel's first Latino hero! Once a regular guest in Parker's entourage.
    Any fans know, was horribly re-invented as an aged, criminalizes version of himself, just so they had a character to degrade and kill for some big irony, and as a tool to forward the "correct" hero's plot(in this case Dare Devil), making D.D. look good and give him all the torchered phoney angst to cry over Hector's useless death.
    What of Hector Ayala?
    While the actual young positive kid, first latino in Marvel, friend to Peter Parker, often teamed-up, and around Peter's age, version of Hector was destroyed.

It's time to begin the search again, track them all down, and bring back THE SONS OF THE TIGER!

Master Kee's powers remain mysterious & undefined. As do the powers of the Amulets. And while they have legitimately passed to Ava (symbolically the Amulet head), ...yet still there are four paws to a tiger.
    AS THERE WERE FOUR true "SONS." ....plus those missing amulets. Do the math.
    Suspicion is; they were but mere totems. A symbol to channel and focus the Sons true innate abilities.
    Only a means to tap-into what was already there.
    Lets find out!

The Master's final Quest for the Sons remains unfulfilled. Hector Ayala's soul remains adrift.
    Time to reunite the Sons!

Lin Sun, Abe Brown, Bob Diamond, Hector Ayala.
    As per Master Kee's vision, Lotus and Detective Blackbyrd have a huge quest ahead of them.
    Ava Ayala ... your brother calls.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-29-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Love these guys. I wish Marvel would give them a new book.
    I want to see Deodato or Aja drawing it!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Who among these characters are still alive? Not that they can't be brought back somehow. But anyway- seems like whenever the original Power Man/Fist run ended, so did any trace of the more peripheral supporting characters. "Martial arts" films in the 80s became all about Michael Dudikoff and Chuck Norris, et al.

BANNED

Outside the mess that is the White Tiger legacy as Marvel still has not honored it very well, despite some attempts by writers Ewing and even Gage, I almost forgot about the Sons of Tiger and even I wonder who is left alive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Who among these characters are still alive? Not that they can't be brought back somehow. But anyway- seems like whenever the original Power Man/Fist run ended, so did any trace of the more peripheral supporting characters. "Martial arts" films in the 80s became all about Michael Dudikoff and Chuck Norris, et al.
    Yeah, the original Sons are firmly rooted in the 70s particularly in - 1973 Bruce Lee, Jim Kelly & John Saxon.

As far as bringing any of them back, ancient prophecy, mystic/supernatural amulets, ...channeling jade tiger qi, an old "dead" master whose body you never actually saw guiding them...etc.
    Bringing any and all of them "back" isn't any huge unsurmountable hurdle, that couldn't to the contrary work as a great re-intro story.

An underlying theme is; standing alone would bring about their fall. Mission accomplished.
    Now a bigger calling (Maybe Ava standing alone is being consumed by the power) has to send Lotus with the help of Blackbyrd looking for the other four, in whatever "realm" that takes her, to compass the power amongst them: Hence ...Stand as One, their will be done, ...Born anew...The Tigers Sons!
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-29-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    . . . As far as bringing any of them back, ancient prophecy, mystic/supernatural amulets, ...channeling tiger qi, an old "dead" master whose body you never actually saw guiding them...etc.
    Bringing any and all of them "back" isn't any huge unsurmountable hurdle, that couldn't to the contrary work as a great re-into story.
    And coming off of Secret Wars, who knows what parts of the main Marvel Universe Earth may have been rewritten?

BANNED

@ Guicho:

Thanks for starting this thread.....looooong overdue series.

Just how in craps-sake did Hercules get another damn series when Sons of the Tiger is still left in the dust.

By the way, i totally loves the casting....great choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMarvellous View Post
    @ Guicho:

Thanks for starting this thread.....looooong overdue series.

Just how in craps-sake did Hercules get another damn series when Sons of the Tiger is still left in the dust.

By the way, i totally loves the casting....great choices.
    Yeah Sons of the Tiger are long overdue, for a re-visit.
    The success of the D.D. Netflix series, gives me hope Marvel will take a second look at some of their more grounded street level, urban martial arts characters.

Also it always had a very NYC (a bit Warriors) vibe, representing several neighborhoods, , not sure where their Dojo was located, but Hector represented the Bronx, Abe was Harlem, Lin & Lotus China Town, and Bob Diamond Upper West side.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-30-2015 at 01:54 PM.

I would definitely read a new sons of the tiger series. Maybe they're waiting for Shang chi' series to run out?

Anyway, done right it could easily be one of marvels new franchise IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Today is International Tiger Day! - http://tigerday.org/

So in that spirit, begins The SONS (& DAUGHTERS) of the TIGER Appreciation & Celebration:

Lin Sun
    Abe Brown
    Bob Diamond
    Hector Ayala
    Lotus Shinchuko
    Detective Blackbyrd
    Master Kee

Angela Del Toro
    &
    Ava Ayala (New White Tiger)

Where is their TV series!?
    Definitely. I'd love to see a series about the Children of the Tiger rather than 3 series for Luke Cage and friends. Maybe 1 show for Heroes for Hire, 1 for ... of the Tiger and 1 for Misty Knight and Colleen Wing?

C'mon Netflix. Spread the wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Maybe 1 show for Heroes for Hire, 1 for ... of the Tiger and 1 for Misty Knight and Colleen Wing?

C'mon Netflix. Spread the wealth.
    I'd love to see Daughters of the Dragon too! When first posting this on the old boards, the idea was more two parallel shows spun out of a Heroes for Hire series. Pretty much what you describe.
    One was Sons of the Tiger, the other was to see Daughters of the Dragon.
    (also fantasy cast) bellow
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-13-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Thread bump! We finally get Misty and Colleen cast!

I guess it remains to be seen whether these characters can come back in comics.