Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wyy is Deadpool "so" ingrained into Spider-Man in current times

Deadpool used to be a cult classic yes, but the main thing was he was too self contained in his own book too have any ties with main a listers. So why is he getting to intersect with Spider-Man of all people, and why is people loving it? I'm talking about as a recurring guest character as well, since when was Wade the new Johnny Storm or eve Logan, I fail to see what Deadpool brings to the table dynamic wise Peter can't, other than neglect his consistent joker flippant characterization from his own books for Wade while he's the straight man.

Does anyone think this Spidey/Wade fad craze will last, or is just a phase like Punisher and Spiderman.
    Last edited by jimishim12; 07-29-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Deadpool used to be a cult classic yes, but the main thing was he was too self contained in his own book too have any ties with main a listers. So why is he getting to intersect with Spider-Man of all people, and why is people loving it? I'm talking about as a recurring guest character as well, since when was Wade the new Johnny Storm or eve Logan, I fail to see what Deadpool brings to the table dynamic wise Peter can't, other than neglect his consistent joker flippant characterization from his own books for Wade while he's the straight man.

Does anyone think this Spidey/Wade fad craze will last, or is just a phase like Punisher and Spiderman.
    How much interaction have they actually had?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How much interaction have they actually had?
    I'm just going by fandom sites and such, but DP in Spidey really caught on when they made crossovers on the regular with him and Spidey starting with the cartoon and the game Shattered Demensions.

BANNED

Deadpool makes Spidey look sane. Peter is usually the one cracking the jokes during a team-up, so it's a fun change of pace.

Not to mention Wade is a loose cannon that Peter has to constantly keep up with.

I like the idea of Spidey being Spidied.

If Spidey/Deadpool is half as funny as I am imagining it could be; Then it will be my monthly laugh out loud, Feel good book.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Mighty Member

Read the CBR interview with Joe Kelly.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

To my knowledge, at least in terms of official books, aside from the new series they really don't interact that much. Last I remember was a Deadpool annual awhile back.

Outside of that...well that's a different matter. In terms of fandom I just chalk it up to the internet being terrifying place it usually is taking Deadpool's bromance jokes and dialing them up to the 11th degree. On the saner side of things as others have said it is very rare that Spidey plays straight man in a comedy routine, so it is a different dynamic to the character.

Besides, Deadpool is the family man these days...........................

iMan 42s

It's part internet part actual appearances in each others books. Deadpool can make for some pretty interesting stories when teamed up with Peter and under the right writer can make any team-up with Deadpool fun. I always found it weird that there was never a Deadpool story which talked smack about One More Day. You'd think that would be the first thing.

Deadpool I also feels makes for a good comedic team-up with spider-man. Wade just seems like the guy that would be super into Spider-man and would relish the dumb stuff he does with him. Playing off each other Wade is the comedic goof who can kill the bad guys and spider-man is the comedic goof who can be the straight man. Think Good cop, insane wackjob cop. It plays well off each other given the right writer.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Talking

Because Deadpool is Spider-Man on steroids; what with his constant wisecracking and fourth wall breaking. The characters will mesh well. In fact they did already in the UMS cartoon.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-29-2015 at 07:28 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Deadpool has a similar costume (superhero suit with full-face mask) and a sense of humor that can play well in a Spider-Man comic. His power-set also fits the types of situations Spidey faces. He's not too weak, or too powerful.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Do you guys remember this issue? I think it's when the idea of these two together really took off and that was a couple years ago. So people wanting more of this isnt exactly new

Is Deadpool/Spidey not a limited series?

As to the question in the title, Spidey and Deadpool are both A-list popular characters in the Marvel Universe so occasional crossovers should not be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Deadpool makes Spidey look sane. Peter is usually the one cracking the jokes during a team-up, so it's a fun change of pace.

Not to mention Wade is a loose cannon that Peter has to constantly keep up with.
    I knew we were bff's for a reason Cyberhuggs

But yeah, Spidey has historically been a character without a foil in the wit stakes, much like Bugs Bunny. Teaming him with Deadpool flips this on it's head and puts Peter on the other foot, giving us a chance to see his usual comedic unflappability being flappered.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    Do you guys remember this issue? I think it's when the idea of these two together really took off and that was a couple years ago. So people wanting more of this isnt exactly new

Yeah, this is where I thought it started, not the cartoon. Shoot, it was even written BY Joe Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Is Deadpool/Spidey not a limited series?
    I thought it was limited, too, but they seem to be talking about multiple arcs.

And as for why this is happening, frankly, it has the potential to be HILARIOUS. Add in two A-List leads and it could be a decent hit.