Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monstress

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Default Monstress

The triple-sized first issue of Monstress should be 4.99, according to this image.

Here's the link the image is from:
    http://monstress-comic.tumblr.com/preorder

I think 4.99 is a great cover price to pay for nearly 70 pages of art and story!

Who here is planning on buying Monstress #1 this November?
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Definitely pre-ordering this!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

This is my most anticipated Image comic of the year and I really hope it's good. Most of the new Image books this year have been a letdown sans Descender, so I really want this to be a winner.

I'll be getting this and giving it a try. I have no idea who Marjorie Liu and Sana Tekada is nor do I particularly care about the subject matter. I'm mostly getting it because of the buzz for this book in this forum. Hope it's good.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

That's a ridiculously reasonable price, yes. I'll definitely give it a shot.

I am all over this as well.

Not until I see some interior art.

I haven't heard anything about this book, but I've been away from the forums for a while. I will have to do some research.....

In around 12 hours from now, more or less, the covers, solicitation, and maybe preview pages of Monstress #1 will hopefully be out. I wonder how many issues the first story arc will be though. I'm thinking it'll be only three or four issues, given the triple sized page count of the first issue. I could be wrong though and it'll be a regular five or six issue story arc, which would be pretty great.

Anyways, can't wait to finally see official solicited information on Monstress! This is the number one first issue I've been looking forward to out of all the comics to debut this year. It would be pretty awesome if Monstress made it on one of the two covers on the Previewsworld magazine coming out next week.
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Anybody know how many issues this is going to run?

Given how good Image have been over the last few years I would say that this is a def' pre-order. The price point is pretty great too.

Im pretty exicited for this.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

This is my most hyped comic of the year probably.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

As far as new comics go, Monstress is tied with the upcoming Back to the Future miniseries from IDW for my most hyped comics of 2015.

Just a couple more weeks and we'll get the solicits for the second issue of Monstress. I'm really curious what the cover price will be of the average issue, and also what the cover will look like.