Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I think for me it feels a bit like overkill...literally, I suppose. He already has a dead set of biological parents and a dead home world. Plus, even though it was a common part of his origin, shifting away from it felt like one of those "bold" and "new" moves given how cliche and ubiquitous dead parents are in hero stories. Killing them both (I'm okay with one) just doesn't feel like something that is necessary, especially when it's done as the New 52 did it: murder.
    Would your view differ (at all) if they had died of natural causes?

It doesn't really serve any narrative purpose that isn't already being served and mostly feels like it takes away more than it adds.
    It's a shame nothing was built on the Legion being there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Both parents dying predates any 'Gwen or Uncle Ben moment'.

How was there any for Uncle Ben in Amazing Fantasy 15?
    uncle ben death was the reason spider-man strted to do heroics instead of win money wrestling. Superman doesn't need that moment.

gwen death is when peter understand how hard and dangerous is being a superhero

Respectfully, you're ignoring the previous (and various) incarnations of the character.

The Earth One version still has Martha Kent, as does the Man of Steel version.

Haven't been reading Ultimate Spider-Man for a while but doesn't Miles still have both parents? Is he failing as a male hero 'for the new generation'?
    Miles father still alive, not sure about his mother. he is not failing, majority of his run he is alone. but being alone doesn't make a superhero for new generation like dc thinks