Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    But the X-Men are getting a toy line. A little later than the movie, but this is coming out at the end of the month.

http://comicsalliance.com/hasbro-x-m...-r-us-jubilee/

No movie tie-ins, but those are mostly modern versions of the x-men.
    Jubilee? Stryfe? They're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Jubilee? Stryfe? They're trolling.
    Collect all of Snoozilee's severed appendages.

Or don't.
    Just one arm is equally entertaining as a complete figure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Watchmen did. The sales of the Watchmen Movie increased the sales of the Watchmen Graphic Novel to the point they had to make several new prints during the build up to the movie and the subsequent year and a half after the movie came out in theatres. The Watchmen movie moved so much Watchmen Graphic Novels from people who never even picked up a comic in their entire lives, that DC/Vertigo paid writers to make prequel material for the Watchmen Graphic Novel which also sold.
    Watchmen is a one off story that is completely contained in one book. It's the same logic as a movie like Hunger Games or Harry Potter increasing the book sales. Ongoing comics are different. Whenever anybody tries to make the argument that the comics need to reflect the movies I always point to how The Dark Knight, far and away the most popular comic film up to that point, came out when DC was starting a storyline that ended with both Bruce Wayne and the Joker (the two central characters of that film) not being in the comics for the next couple of years. And those comics still sold well despite not reflecting the movie at all, and comics almost never get a bump because of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    But the X-Men are getting a toy line. A little later than the movie, but this is coming out at the end of the month.

http://comicsalliance.com/hasbro-x-m...-r-us-jubilee/

No movie tie-ins, but those are mostly modern versions of the x-men.
    It ammuses me far more than it should that the Storm figure comes with almost the entire Jubilee except the head and arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Marvel needs to stop worrying about what Fox is doing with the X-Men and keep it together regarding their own damn movie Universe because it's getting messy.

They keep churning out 10 of these movies a year and so far only 3 of them have actually been good. They are getting cocky to the point where they thing they can put their stamp on anything and have it be a success. Guardians Of The Galaxy looks a mess and Ant-Man is falling apart before it has even properly started filming.

Let the X-comics live and breathe. They're still profitable.

About Fantastic Four the book being cancelled: let's be honest, that comics franchise has been on its death bed for a while.
    The reason why Marvel feels the way they do is because all their movies have been successful. And increasingly so. They have a cohesive universe and vision, which is completely contrary to your "messy" narrative. Also the MCU has only completed 10 films, not 10 a year. With that 10th film releasing in August. They have all been successful. And your notion that GOTG is a mess is utter crap, because you haven't seen it. Ant Man hasn't started filming so I think statements on it's success or failure are highly premature.

Marvel is not cancelling X-Men. They are constantly pushing them, creating new series and events. Having them integrate more into the Marvel universe. X-Men comics are not being neglected. And who cares about toys anyway? Kids aren't really interested in them that much in the first place. If Marvel wants to make some money, create good video games. That's what the kids are playing. Don't waste money on toys.
    Last edited by Luke Cage; 06-02-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Amazing Member

They haven't had mass market toys since X-2. I'm not really sure of the reasoning, though. It could just be because whatever deal is in place isn't profitable enough to Marvel/Disney rather than just plain spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    The reason why Marvel feels the way they do is because all their movies have been successful. And increasingly so. They have a cohesive universe and vision, which is completely contrary to your "messy" narrative.
    A cohesive vision that means people who plan to bring their own vibe to the movies are removed from it. Edgar Wright says hello.

Also the MCU has only completed 10 films, not 10 a year. With that 10th film releasing in August.
    That was a hyperbole.

They have all been successful. And your notion that GOTG is a mess is utter crap, because you haven't seen it.
    Duh. I didn't say I did. I'm basing myself on the what I've seen of it which I find unappealing. Also didn't say it was a mess, just that it looked like one.

Ant Man hasn't started filming so I think statements on it's success or failure are highly premature.
    I don't know wether or not it will fail but its development is not giving the best of hopes. The man who worked on it for nearly a decade was removed from the project and a second director already dropped out of the negotiations. All while some special effects that cost quite a bit have already been done and filming is already scheduled.
    A movie that is to be released next year has no director or fixed team, but already has a filming schedule. If that doesn't sound like a mess....
    Last edited by Supernature; 06-02-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    A cohesive vision that means people who plan to bring their own vibe to the movies are removed from it. Edgar Wright says hello.

That was a hyperbole.

Duh. I didn't say I did. I'm basing myself on the what I've seen of it which I find unappealing. Also didn't say it was a mess, just that it looked like one.

I don't know wether or not it will fail but its development is not giving the best of hopes. The man who worked on it for nearly a decade was removed from the project and a second director already dropped out of the negotiations. All while some special effects that cost quite a bit have already been done and filming is already scheduled.
    A movie that is to be released next year has no director or fixed team, but already has a filming schedule. If that doesn't sound like a mess....
    Edgar Wright didn't want to play ball so he took his ball and went home. This is Marvels's properties not his. If he can't play in that playground, then he needs to go. The MCU has changed dramatically from where it was 8 years ago. If his vision isn't in line with that then he shouldn't be involved. He's not the first directorial change in the MCU and he probably won't be the last. So I could care less about Edgar Wright. I'm going to still get my Antman movie and I still expect it to be good. He's not the only talented filmmaker out there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    The reason why Marvel feels the way they do is because all their movies have been successful. And increasingly so. They have a cohesive universe and vision, which is completely contrary to your "messy" narrative. Also the MCU has only completed 10 films, not 10 a year. With that 10th film releasing in August. They have all been successful. And your notion that GOTG is a mess is utter crap, because you haven't seen it. Ant Man hasn't started filming so I think statements on it's success or failure are highly premature.

Marvel is not cancelling X-Men. They are constantly pushing them, creating new series and events. Having them integrate more into the Marvel universe. X-Men comics are not being neglected. And who cares about toys anyway? Kids aren't really interested in them that much in the first place. If Marvel wants to make some money, create good video games. That's what the kids are playing. Don't waste money on toys.
    Yes, more videogames I want a Marvel version of DCUO, and another Ultimate Alliance game.

BANNED

I knew Marvel was trying to replace the X-men

BANNED

I remember trying to resell the Crow tpb at the height of it's popularity. Nobody cared at all. Sometimes the movies change nothing, same with Blade or Men in Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Probably not much. Toys just aren't a big a deal as they used to be. You can check any Walmart and see that...
    Yeah. In fact they've really not done much with movie tie-in toys at all. Even many of their movie toys have used the comic designs.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

It's been more than obvious Marvel is trying to sabotage Fox's X-men. There have been no new X-men video games, tv series or toylines. Their media exposure has been all but pulled and they are mostly lumped in as side characters to Avengers related content. It's sad at this point because X-men films are only growing in numbers, not dwindling. That's despite completely refusing any promotion of the film... It's just not working, and at this point, it's only hurting us more than it is anyone else.

It's really absurd they don't do toys or cartoons for X-Men! I mean, of course Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto and Storm would sell a lot more then The Gardians of Galaxy characters. Disney once more proving to be everything wrong in this world. A predatory monopolizing company.

I think AVX proved how Marvel feels about the X-Men. I wonder if the Avengers could really stand up in popularity to the X-Men without the insane push Marvel's been giving them them.That being said go X-Men!!