If you are reading this then you have a passing fancy for comic books and graphic novels. You all know of the top publishing companies like Marvel/Disney, DC Entertainment and Image. You know about these companies because their characters are all over the Internet, TV and movies. They are high profile writers and artists and are backed by big corporations to make it to your homes in advertisements and products.

You can go to any comic book store or shop on Comixology or Amazon to find their stories waiting for you because they have the money to reach out to you.

But what about the ten of thousands of publishers who work out of the garage or kitchen table. For them they do not have a big budget to work from. Often they scrape a couple of dollars here and there to have an artist or writer to help tell their stories and hope a few people will buy them to break even.

If you are an independent comic book publisher, you do your work not for your story to be next year's movie. You do it simplybecause you love it and you would do it gladly for free.

I know because I have published three books and I have yet to break even, but I am working on my fourth book, a photo novel. I learned a long time ago that I write and I create because I create stories I would like to read. I create stories so I can see heroes just like me and you.

There are many people out there that do the same thing and here are just a small few.

Celflux is a superhero, sci-fi, fantasy, action, adventure about dreaming, purpose, destiny and sacrifice. A young priestess named Okira lives an ordinary and mundane life with the feeling that she is meant for something special. She finds out one day that her feeling is right and, with the help of a disjointed group, she must save her world from total destruction.

Bass Reeves: Tales of the Talented Tenth tells the story of Bass Reeves, an escaped slave who became one of the most successful lawman of the old west and the rumored inspiration for The Lone Ranger. Volume I chronicles his life from winning shooting matches in early childhood to traveling with his master, living with Native Americans in Indian Territory, and finally becoming a Deputy US Marshal.

Concrete Park Vol.1: You Send Me - Signed by Tony Puryear and Erika Alexander Earth's outcasts, exiled to a distant desert planet, will either destroy each other or create something new. Concrete ParkVolume 1, a dark, sexy sci-fi saga by Tony Puryear (Eraser) and Erika Alexander (Living Single),

The critically acclaimed series returns in OGN format! Miranda Mercury, the greatest adventurer in this or any other galaxy, is dying, and there’s no possible cure. With only one year left to live, Miranda is forced to wage the greatest fight of her life, and secure the heroic legacy that has defined her since she was a young girl. Her morality will be tested, her values shaken, and the partnership that means everything to her will never be the same. For Miranda, victory is once again impossible — but that’s never stopped her before! Experience incredible adventure, absolute danger, and meaningful drama, introduced by a foreword from critically acclaimed writer Joe Casey!

Lion Forge Comics Lion Forge Comics is a publisher of a variety of products which is too many to list here. Check out there website for their quality books.

This is just a small list of the many, many publishers who are out there waiting for you to find them.

Christopher Love is the Chief Creative Officer of Heroes Like Me Entertainment. He is the author of three action/adventure novels and an upcoming photo novel, The Flying Bullet.