Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    My only wish is that both Mary and Billy are biological siblings. I was hoping for the boy to look younger but oh well.
    Not only that they are supposed to be twins.

If Grace Fulton (21) is indeed Mary Marvel, Billy's twin sister,

Not sure if she is playing an adult ("transformed") Mary, a kid (non powered) Mary or somehow both? , as she neither matches Zach Levi (37), or Asher Angel (15)

Still they all look pretty great for the parts.
    As does Dwayne Johnson for Teth Adam

And i'll be more than happy with either Mark Strong or J.E. Haley for Sivana
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-09-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    My only wish is that both Mary and Billy are biological siblings. I was hoping for the boy to look younger but oh well.
    I don't see why they wouldn't be.

I always got the sense that it would probably have been addressed at some point should Shazam have been made into an ongoing.

I think they even referenced Billy having a sibling at some point.

So anyone want to try and cast the rest of Geoff Johns "goonies" analogues-
    A while back a casting call was released- https://heroichollywood.com/shazam-c...-billy-batson/
    And with the surprise hit of Spielberg inspired 80s throwback Stranger Things it's pretty likely they will go that way.
    As they seemed to match the New52 extended Shazam family -

[DANIEL]11, Korean. Daniel is a smart kid, into video games and reading non-fiction. SUPPORTING

[CARLOS]15, Hispanic, overweight, with asthma. Carlos is very shy and sweet. SUPPORTING

[SUZY]8-10, African American. A sweet, bubbly girl with glasses and pigtails. SUPPORTING

[FRANK]11-13, Caucasian. A kid at the group home with “Billy”, who becomes his friend and confident. Sarcastic and funny. SUPPORTING
    Definitely the description of the new kids, Eugene, Pedro & Darla, plus "Frank" is obviously classic Freddy.

Who would you cast?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-30-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Levi and Asher hang out at the Justice League premiere

So anyone want to try and cast the rest of Geoff Johns "goonies" analogues-
    Who would you cast?
    Ok I don't really know kid actors, but here is my attempt. I have been watching Stranger Things, so two Freddy and Darla came from there, Pedro is from upcoming Disney/Pixar's Coco voices the main character, and Eugene from TV show Off the Boat.
    And they range from ages 12 Darla, to 14 Freddy

Now who should play their transformed selves, if it ever comes to that?
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-14-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ok, this is what I want.
    Zstop4m.jpg
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Ok I don't really know kid actors, but here is my attempt. I have been watching Stranger Things, so two Freddy and Darla came from there, Pedro is from upcoming Disney/Pixar's Coco voices the main character, and Eugene from TV show Off the Boat.

All of those kids like great--just like their comic counterparts. If they can act even a little, they will be decent choices.

Anyone else think Mary Marvel should appear on the CW's Supergirl show?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShape View Post
    Anyone else think Mary Marvel should appear on the CW's Supergirl show?
    I wouldn’t wish that fate on Mary.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I hope that the inclusion of these other characters doesn’t minimize the role of Freddy and Mary like they do in the New 52. IMO only the classic 70+ year old characters should get to transform. That doesn’t mean they can’t be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    IMO only the classic 70+ year old characters should get to transform.
    So classic Tall Billy, Hill Billy, & Fat Billy?
    No thanks, I prefer Eugene Pedro & Darla, the new Lieutenants.
    And although they don't need to transform in the film, I would love to see it in a potential sequel, as his adopted family and surprising ability to share the power (something Teth Adam could never do), is an important part of Billy's arc and being a hero.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-08-2017 at 11:20 AM.

So Tall Billy, Hill Billy, & Fat Billy?
    No thanks, I prefer Eugene Pedro & Darla, the new Lieutenants.
    And although they don't need to transform in the film, I would love to see it in a potential sequel, as his adopted family and surprising ability to share the power (something Teth Adam could never do), is an important part of Billy's arc.
    Come on. You know what I meant. No one needs to transform aside from Billy, Mary, and Freddy.

New family and kids are great, and in the spirit of the Lieutenants reimagined, I hope they get their chance in a sequel to shine!

Not mine but some suggestions for their transform, Daniel Henney or Philip Ng - Eugene Choi, Edgar Ramirez - Pedro Peña, Keke Palmer -Darla Dudley..
    and LOL James Franko as Freddy Freeman...

Last edited by Güicho; 11-18-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I wouldn’t wish that fate on Mary.
    I totally agree!

Incredible Member

So this is an interesting article: https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-teas...shazam-comics/

Probably just cbr hair clicking my heart though, cause I’d love a new title stat!

Psyched for the movie though I enjoyed Chuck so much I, afraid that’s all I’ll see Shazam as, though Chuck was a hit of a man child himself so that probably helps. Fun that Zach gets to be in both MCU and DCEU.

I absolutely need that talking tiger and an incredible voice actor please.

My only fear now is with JL tanking how projects like Black Adam and Shazam will be looked at by execs since they haven’t been filmed yet. I’m worried they’ll lose faith in the smaller characters since they have no name recognition character wise (actor wise isn’t a problem thankfully). I fear they won’t be given he chance like guardians were since people seem to not trust the DC/WB brand now since big JL couldn’t pull any weight. As much as I love the powerhouse Trinity I don’t want WB to run scared and only make movies based off those 3 I like theme exploring other corners of the DC universe and hope this movie and Black Adam don’t become victim to more WB meddling or reshuffling.