Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

LOL to the spammer ^ with 3 posts promoting jackets http://community.comicbookresources....archid=5468863
    At least get the right Captain Marvel.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/07/s...reddy-freeman/

Looks like we're getting a brunette Freddy Freeman. He's a good actor too!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I am so pumped for this movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Ok I don't really know kid actors, but here is my attempt. I have been watching Stranger Things, so two Freddy and Darla came from there, Pedro is from upcoming Disney/Pixar's Coco voices the main character, and Eugene from TV show Off the Boat.
    And they range from ages 12 Darla, to 14 Freddy

Now who should play their transformed selves, if it ever comes to that?
    Pariah Ferguson doesn't know how to act, but everybody else were good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does this eliminate Grace Fulton from being Mary Marvel since Freddy and her have a history of being love interests or do you see them ditching that aspect of those characters.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Has Shazam been spotted in comics since Rebirth started? Any announced plans?

So, just a question concerning Shazam's future in comics (perhaps in a long time, sadly). Do you think that D.C. will return him to his usual powers, or will he retain is new Pantheon from Darkseid War ? I must say I'm ambivalent. I like the classic line-up of heroes and ancient gods which give him his powers, but the new Pantheon added some very interesting potentiality (Mamaragan, Zonuz, the martien deity, even that strange Hinduist/Maya-like god from somewhere) that i would like to see explored more. But would it truly be possible without twisting too much of Captain marvel ?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Does this eliminate Grace Fulton from being Mary Marvel since Freddy and her have a history of being love interests or do you see them ditching that aspect of those characters.
    Fulton seems a little old for Mary unless she's playing her adult form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Has Shazam been spotted in comics since Rebirth started? Any announced plans?
    Nope. There hasn't been any announced plans beyond saying there are "plans."
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, just a question concerning Shazam's future in comics (perhaps in a long time, sadly). Do you think that D.C. will return him to his usual powers, or will he retain is new Pantheon from Darkseid War ? I must say I'm ambivalent. I like the classic line-up of heroes and ancient gods which give him his powers, but the new Pantheon added some very interesting potentiality (Mamaragan, Zonuz, the martien deity, even that strange Hinduist/Maya-like god from somewhere) that i would like to see explored more. But would it truly be possible without twisting too much of Captain marvel ?
    I'll honestly be surprised if those stick when he turns up again if I'm honest, since none of the other Darkseid War changes really stuck.

When the character comes back I'm expecting they'll go back to the classic's as much as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I still would not be surprised if they changed things up and made Mary not blood related to Billy so that she can be his eventual love interest. Hollywood usually wants the hero to have a love interest. Trying to give Billy a girlfriend is always difficult because of the nature of his powers. See the Stargirl incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I still would not be surprised if they changed things up and made Mary not blood related to Billy so that she can be his eventual love interest. Hollywood usually wants the hero to have a love interest. Trying to give Billy a girlfriend is always difficult because of the nature of his powers. See the Stargirl incident.
    Please no, she is his twin sister. Making her a love interest would creep me out more than Luke & Leia!

I prefer they are both orphans who discover they are long ago separated twins.
    Then he discovers he can share the power with her.
    Pretty classic tale: Although Luke & Lei and later Prince Adam & Adora have pretty much played it out, Billy and Marry had it first.

Fulton seems a little old for Mary unless she's playing her adult form.
    I hope this is the case, Mary when transformed definitely ages up in the new 52...
    So Grace Fulton casting is great for an older Mary, and hopefully there is still a young Mary closer to Billy(Asher Angel's) age, announcement coming.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-18-2017 at 06:12 AM.

That would feel so wrong .

That would feel so wrong.

Noooooooooooooo....

Just in case there is any doubt^

And in the New 52, Billy and Mary are defiantly about the same age. She's just more mature.
    They could definitely be twins, they just hadn't got to that plot reveal yet.

If Grace Fulton (21-22) is Mary, she would no doubt have to be the transformed adult Mary Marvel
    And they would still need to cast the younger version to match Asher Angel (15)
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-08-2017 at 10:53 AM.

mary as billy's love interest? please wb, don't.

I still would not be surprised if they changed things up and made Mary not blood related to Billy so that she can be his eventual love interest. Hollywood usually wants the hero to have a love interest.

Please no, she is his twin sister. Making her a love interest would creep me out more than Luke & Leia!

That would feel so wrong .

Noooooooooooooo....
    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    mary as billy's love interest? please wb, don't.
    LOL! I hope someone there is paying attention.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-14-2017 at 10:59 AM.