Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1454

In case anyone was wondering: - http://collider.com/black-adam-movie...ohnson/#images

Producer Hiram Garcia confirms Black Adam is “definitely happening.”
    “We’re actually very deep into a script on it right now, which is coming along really well,” he told Collider. “I’m really excited with the story we’ve crafted.
    Producer Hiram Garcia recently explained

“So as we were developing an actual Black Adam and Shazam! movie, we were just realizing that both characters are so special that we didn’t want to compromise either of them by cramming them both into the same movie,” Garcia told Collider. “So that’s why we made the decision to let Shazam have his own standalone movie and kind of launch him properly, and then we’ll do the same for Black Adam. And so that kind of really freed things up. It allowed us to develop the right version of both.”
    Although I still think he'll show up in SHAZAM!
    Likely whatever Sivana was doing to access the magic, inadvertently awakens the dormant Adam. who is then revealed in the mid-to -end credit.

Setting up for 2nd film in the series, focusing on Teth Adam's back story.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-28-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Although Freddy might arbitrarily rank himself the highest. LOL
    He already did. Not much higher you can get than “King”.

Now, obviously not going to happen with Rebirth, but for people who don’t like New 52, would you have liked it if DC pulled a Captain America and had it changed so that Billy and co. didn’t come out of stasis until the 2010s? He’d still be the boy of the 40’s, he just got out later. I for one would be interested to see a portrayal of a more optimistic character in a unfamiliar world.

You could even play off his struggles with the foster home. Billy was pretty independent in the Golden Age; just explain the culture shock when he wakes up in a time where that level of independence in a child isn’t accepted.

As an added benefit, it would explain why he’s not accustomed to the other DC heroes. In his time, it was the Fawcett heroes around. Heck, with this setup, it could have been that Clark Kent was inspired by history reels of Cap to explain their similarities.
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; 08-29-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Now, obviously not going to happen with Rebirth, but for people who don’t like New 52, would you have liked it if DC pulled a Captain America and had it changed so that Billy and co. didn’t come out of stasis until the 2010s? He’d still be the boy of the 40’s, he just got out later. I for one would be interested to see a portrayal of a more optimistic character in a unfamiliar world.

You could even play off his struggles with the foster home. Billy was pretty independent in the Golden Age; just explain the culture shock when he wakes up in a time where that level of independence in a child isn’t accepted.

As an added benefit, it would explain why he’s not accustomed to the other DC heroes. In his time, it was the Fawcett heroes around. Heck, with this setup, it could have been that Clark Kent was inspired by history reels of Cap to explain their similarities.
    The Marvel Family being holdovers from the Golden Age would have been a better way to differential them from the Superman Family. In Fact, Superman cam truly be the "Man of Tomorrow", who would protect and shephard the "City of Tomorrow": Metropolis. Meanwhile, Cap could be DC's version of Captain America: an elder statesman, along with the rest of the JSA, who represents the best of a previous age, while Superman and his generation represents the best of what humanity is capable of. Problem? DC, who rarely wants to push characters into a position that would compete with their flagship characters.

DD69484F-8D4D-4A5D-BAFA-5DFBEE59BD6B.jpg

Here’s a curious little item . . .

From SUPER POWERS (1986) #2.

Art by Carmine Infantino and Pablo Marcos.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    DD69484F-8D4D-4A5D-BAFA-5DFBEE59BD6B.jpg

Here’s a curious little item . . .

From SUPER POWERS (1986) #2.

Art by Carmine Infantino and Pablo Marcos.
    It's a bit small to read^, but the Super Powers line of comics tried to integrate some of the Super Powers created characters made up for the toy line, into the comics.

Besides Golden Pharaoh, there was also Cyclotron, they also added Samurai, pulled from the Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show and The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians line-up, which tied into the toy-line and Super Powers comics.

LOL at all the Super Powers toy-specific vehicles in the background. (yes behold that is the Justice-Jogger)

If I remember correctly the in-story explanation for these "new" super powered heroes, was that they were created by the New Gods of New Genesis, who were trying to trigger the creation of more Earth superheroes to help the world defend itself from the upcoming Darkseid invasion.
    The New Gods sent bolts of energy, drawn to, and striking those humans in whom could be awakened latent superpowers.
    Golden Pharaoh and Samurai were created as a result of that.

Although part of the side affect is they briefly ran amok not understanding their new power and purpose. Which added to the drama, they had to figure out why they were created, and chose to be heroes. Explains the dialogue in the page you posted.

A bit OT:
    Like Samurai, other SuperFriends created characters El Dorado, and Vulcan (not sure about Apache) were slated for the next wave of Super Powers figures (never produced).
    (hence this homage-wave of DCUC figures which seem to have baffled most modern collectors)
    I suppose for the Super Powers figure line they would have been given similar origins:
    -Unique Terrestrials empowered by the New Gods to defend Earth.

I always imagined that would have made a great vehicle and origin to legitimately introduce all the HB created Heroes; Apache, Vulcan, Samurai, El Dorado, plus Golden Pharaoh into the DCU proper as a team.
    DC just never pursued it.

----

If in your image you meant the "curiosity" was just that specific recap of Captain Marvel's origin?

If so, sorry! I went waaay off topic LOL! (might edit/move my post into a SuperFriends specific thread) .
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-01-2018 at 10:39 AM.

BANNED

I have to say... that this isn't a bad idea and it would be one i would encourage and love to see DC take on the whole "Captain America" trick with Captain Marvel add in the Marvel family and maybe uses how they were brought in later in the PRE-COIE world and you have a great take of the clash between Modern and classic way of looking at the world around you.

BANNED

Found this CBR article explaining Geoff Johns wants his Upcoming Shazam series to be compared with Mark Waid's take on the FLash or Frank Miller's take on Batman...What no love for Jerry Ordway's take on the Power of Shazam ? https://www.cbr.com/shazam-johns-wai...ler-daredevil/

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Found this CBR article explaining Geoff Johns wants his Upcoming Shazam series to be compared with Mark Waid's take on the FLash or Frank Miller's take on Batman...What no love for Jerry Ordway's take on the Power of Shazam ? https://www.cbr.com/shazam-johns-wai...ler-daredevil/
    Shazam! skips over the grim and gritty phase of comic books, ...
    LOL some here who only read the first issue or so, will argue they didn't "skip the grim and gritty phase" but walked right into it.
    But I agree with Johns, he added a bit of real word angst to a kid who'd lost everything, afraid to connect again, but somewhat kept it whimsical, made it about Billy gaining a family, and in the end was true to the spirit of the character.
    .. and so we’re looking at if Fawcett just kept evolving
    That's good to here, not into pure nostalgia keep everything the same and sanitized, I like the often necessary updates, but always the more they can pull directly from Fawcett the better!
    And there is so much great material to pull form and "keep evolving".
    Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-02-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    If in your image you meant the "curiosity" was just that specific recap of Captain Marvel's origin?

If so, sorry! I went waaay off topic LOL! (might edit/move my post into a SuperFriends specific thread) .
    Indeed, but also Carmine Infantino’s rendition of Cap.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really nice. Fan art?

Really nice. Fan art?
    No. This is the legendary Jerry Ordway's title page to the Power of Shazam! A fully painted graphic novel.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    No. This is the legendary Jerry Ordway's title page to the Power of Shazam! A fully painted graphic novel.
    Cool. Thanks for sharing.