Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
Results 1,396 to 1,403 of 1403

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a bit flawed because Billy himself is no Harry at the start. He’s a bit of a little sh** to be honest. But he matures a lot and even before he gets his powers he’s still willing to stand up for Freddy. By the end of the story he’s become a better person, a good person, even though he’s not as pure as the Fawcett version.
    The naysayers - or the people who decided to hate it - completely ignore this (conveniently?).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a bit flawed because Billy himself is no Harry at the start. He’s a bit of a little sh** to be honest. But he matures a lot and even before he gets his powers he’s still willing to stand up for Freddy. By the end of the story he’s become a better person, a good person, even though he’s not as pure as the Fawcett version.
    Of course it's flawed. Most analogies like this are (I did say it wasn't perfect lol ). Of course, Potter was no saint either, and by the ever-so-polite standards of the British, he and Billy might be on closer terms than we'd think.

As it is, we really have no frame of reference for what Billy was usually like before the Vasquez family. All we get is Billy being rude to a woman who has mistreated him on a regular basis for a unknown length of time, and Billy being rude to a bunch of strangers he was basically forced to live with. We don't see what Billy was like in the foster system, or with other families, or with other kids he had known for more than five seconds, etc. Clearly the New52 Billy is way rougher around the edges than the original, but we can't really say with any clarity just how different he was under "normal" circumstances.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I cut her some serious slack. First of all, It's her job to get rid of the orphaned kids and get them in good homes. So I can't fault her for doing her job. Secondly, It was at least implied (don't have the book in front of me) that he's run this rodeo before. He's been in and out of homes and actively tries to sabotage her doing her job. They're old adversaries working against each other... So yeah... she may be unpleasant and not very nice... I also got the feeling she was at the end of her rope there. Not 'evil' at all.
    I don't think she's evil and she's probably at the end of her rope, but working in that system you're an inevitably going to encounter some kids with issues, like Ascended said. Stooping to their level and insulting them isn't going to help the situation. Considering Billy's distrustful attitude towards adults, you have to wonder how much of it came from interacting with her. We also see him trying to rescue a young girl who gets beaten by her foster family, so how much trust is Billy going to have towards adults in the system who allow things like that to happen to him and others? How many such homes did she put him in? She seems eager to say everything is his fault for things not working out, but that may not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    As for the talk of visiting the seven realms (I think that's the total number mentioned) in the new series, I wonder if the realms have any correlation between Mamaragan and the other wizards and sorceresses present in the Circle/Council of Eternity from the Free Comic Day Shazam story from a few years ago?

In story the Rock is referenced as "a Nexus to the Magic Realms"
    Although it looks like they've gone up one, Francesca only mentions "six".
    And now in the new solits, they specifically reference Seven realms.
    I didn't even notice Mamaragan had a name, I guess I better look up "the Free Comic Day Shazam story", as well as read; I guess it's the Trinity War? Where Sivana resurrects Adam, and Mamaragan shows up again, and is given a name?
    Is that where that takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I didn't even realize the New 52 Wizard was called anything but the Wizard in that story. Does anyone have a screen of that name being said?

Overall, while there might be some pragmatic adaptation on the comic's end, the story should still take place approximately where Johns left off. Maybe a slyly small time skip past the winter season. Maybe not.
    Was wondering the same thing, see above ^ and never got a reply.
    I didn't even realize he had a name, or when it was revealed.
    It definitely wasn't in the main story N52SHAZAM back-ups.

I guess it's moot now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Was wondering the same thing, see above ^ and never got a reply.
    I didn't even realize he had a name, or when it was revealed.
    It definitely wasn't in the main story N52SHAZAM back-ups.

I guess it's moot now anyway.
    If you’re referring to him being renamed Mamaragan, it was mentioned here in Darkseid War:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/617/2...d1ed68dc_o.jpg

This does appear to have been dropped, though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    If you’re referring to him being renamed Mamaragan, it was mentioned here in Darkseid War:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/617/2...d1ed68dc_o.jpg

This does appear to have been dropped, though.
    Not necessarily. Even in the classic comics, the Wizard had a different name. In fact, had TWO: Vlarem and Jeremiah. Also, when it comes to magic, a character had more than one name: a "true" name and a "false" name, if only as a form of protection from enthrallment. But, we'll see...

Bummer. There's no new Shazam comic in the January solicitations. A delay after only 2 two issues is not going to help build momentum. However, Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil and Johns' New 52 Shazam TP's are re-solicited, with the latter mistakenly referring to the character as Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Bummer. There's no new Shazam comic in the January solicitations. A delay after only 2 two issues is not going to help build momentum. However, Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil and Johns' New 52 Shazam TP's are re-solicited, with the latter mistakenly referring to the character as Captain Marvel.
    Wonder if it’s Eaglesham or Johns who’s responsible? I hope they get a better hold on the schedule.