Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Coming 2019 ....5 years is to long to wait for this much awesome!

Last edited by Güicho; 10-30-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Sooooo weird that The Shazam movie is slated for 2019 but the confirmation for Black adam as the Rock was announced before the whole DCCU phase 1 was released to the public.

Maybe DC's planning to include the character in several films kinda like Loki from MCU? He's a BAMF and all but how are they going to make that work that is completely believable though.

Still amazing that we are having a Captain Marvel/SHAZAM movie along side with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualNoobler View Post
    Sooooo weird that The Shazam movie is slated for 2019 but the confirmation for Black adam as the Rock was announced before the whole DCCU phase 1 was released to the public.
    It does seem odd to lock in an actor so far ahead of production.
    On the other hand he's so freakin right for the part why not secure it.
    Fans have been championing the idea of Dwayne Johnson as Teth Adam as far back as 2001 The Mummy Returns, it's almost like DC/WB are the last to announce it. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ActualNoobler View Post

Maybe DC's planning to include the character in several films kinda like Loki from MCU? He's a BAMF and all but how are they going to make that work that is completely believable though.
    I think there were hints they would pursue SHAZAM as a separate universe to that spinning out of Dawn of Justice.
    But it would be great if a Fawcett Movie Universe and characters was developed.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-25-2016 at 10:34 AM.

How much of the New 52 origin do you think they'll put in the movie? Hopefully little to none of it. I hate Billy Bratson. And the supporting characters were completely ruined. (They should just kept Mary and Freddy and kept Mary as his twin sister.) Personally, I hope that they keep it separate from the other DC movies and maybe call him something other than Shazam. Like Captain Thunder. The whole "good intentions" thing is just dumb and will be confusing for movie audiences.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-15-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I made a thread devoted to suggestions of casting for the movie in case anybody's interested.

http://community.comicbookresources....Casting-Thread

Here are my ideas that I posted.

Captain Marvel: Matt Bomer
    Mary Marvel: Michelle Tractenberg
    Dr. Sivana: Bob Balaban
    Uncle Dudley: Bill Murray
    Tawky Tawny: Morgan Freeman
    Shazam: Sean Connery

I've got no idea for the kids.

Do you know what would be awesome? If WB decided to move the movie up a year and decided to call him Captain Marvel in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    What an iconic image. Alex Ross really makes those two characters look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    How much of the New 52 origin do you think they'll put in the movie? Hopefully little to none of it. I hate Billy Bratson. And the supporting characters were completely ruined.
    Hopefully all of it, I love the new origin, Billy's actual arc (instead of just being born that way) into being a hero paralleling Teth-Adam's fall, is spectacular.
    And so is the new take on his family! (except blond Freddy, but no big deal)

If you actually bother to read it, it's one the most reaffirming and stronger takes on the character, showing why he was recognized and is anything but a brat. - Afraid to attach himself to anyone calling him family for fear of losing them, he at first lashes out. Empathizes with the villain, who similarly lost his own. Sees what hate and power can do, and in the end, inadvertently does what Adam can never do- share the power with those he was really afraid to lose.
    It's Billy (and the Marvel Family)at his best.

I love this new Family of kids over the old Tall Marvel, Fat Marvel, Hill Billy Marvel, etc...
    These guys are great!

The only thing mising is they still don't have an ongoing series.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-17-2015 at 09:05 AM.

BANNED

How much of the New 52 origin do you think they'll put in the movie? Hopefully little to none of it. I hate Billy Bratson. And the supporting characters were completely ruined. (They should just kept Mary and Freddy and kept Mary as his twin sister.) Personally, I hope that they keep it separate from the other DC movies and maybe call him something other than Shazam. Like Captain Thunder. The whole "good intentions" thing is just dumb and will be confusing for movie audiences.
    I would have enjoyed the New kids being fellow orphans, but still kept the sibling relationship between Mary and Billy.

BANNED

Do you know what would be awesome? If WB decided to move the movie up a year and decided to call him Captain Marvel in the movie.
    And risk being a bit sued by the House of Mouse, that's almost suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    And risk being a bit sued by the House of Mouse, that's almost suicide.
    Then how about Captain Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I would have enjoyed the New kids being fellow orphans, but still kept the sibling relationship between Mary and Billy.
    You sure that's not the case? The whole story arc hinted at, particularly emphasized her strong connection.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-16-2015 at 10:45 PM.