Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1454
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I cut her some serious slack. First of all, It's her job to get rid of the orphaned kids and get them in good homes. So I can't fault her for doing her job. Secondly, It was at least implied (don't have the book in front of me) that he's run this rodeo before. He's been in and out of homes and actively tries to sabotage her doing her job. They're old adversaries working against each other... So yeah... she may be unpleasant and not very nice... I also got the feeling she was at the end of her rope there. Not 'evil' at all.
    I don't think she's evil and she's probably at the end of her rope, but working in that system you're an inevitably going to encounter some kids with issues, like Ascended said. Stooping to their level and insulting them isn't going to help the situation. Considering Billy's distrustful attitude towards adults, you have to wonder how much of it came from interacting with her. We also see him trying to rescue a young girl who gets beaten by her foster family, so how much trust is Billy going to have towards adults in the system who allow things like that to happen to him and others? How many such homes did she put him in? She seems eager to say everything is his fault for things not working out, but that may not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    As for the talk of visiting the seven realms (I think that's the total number mentioned) in the new series, I wonder if the realms have any correlation between Mamaragan and the other wizards and sorceresses present in the Circle/Council of Eternity from the Free Comic Day Shazam story from a few years ago?

In story the Rock is referenced as "a Nexus to the Magic Realms"
    Although it looks like they've gone up one, Francesca only mentions "six".
    And now in the new solits, they specifically reference Seven realms.
    I didn't even notice Mamaragan had a name, I guess I better look up "the Free Comic Day Shazam story", as well as read; I guess it's the Trinity War? Where Sivana resurrects Adam, and Mamaragan shows up again, and is given a name?
    Is that where that takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I didn't even realize the New 52 Wizard was called anything but the Wizard in that story. Does anyone have a screen of that name being said?

Overall, while there might be some pragmatic adaptation on the comic's end, the story should still take place approximately where Johns left off. Maybe a slyly small time skip past the winter season. Maybe not.
    Was wondering the same thing, see above ^ and never got a reply.
    I didn't even realize he had a name, or when it was revealed.
    It definitely wasn't in the main story N52SHAZAM back-ups.

I guess it's moot now anyway.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Was wondering the same thing, see above ^ and never got a reply.
    I didn't even realize he had a name, or when it was revealed.
    It definitely wasn't in the main story N52SHAZAM back-ups.

I guess it's moot now anyway.
    If you’re referring to him being renamed Mamaragan, it was mentioned here in Darkseid War:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/617/2...d1ed68dc_o.jpg

This does appear to have been dropped, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    If you’re referring to him being renamed Mamaragan, it was mentioned here in Darkseid War:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/617/2...d1ed68dc_o.jpg

This does appear to have been dropped, though.
    Not necessarily. Even in the classic comics, the Wizard had a different name. In fact, had TWO: Vlarem and Jeremiah. Also, when it comes to magic, a character had more than one name: a "true" name and a "false" name, if only as a form of protection from enthrallment. But, we'll see...

Bummer. There's no new Shazam comic in the January solicitations. A delay after only 2 two issues is not going to help build momentum. However, Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil and Johns' New 52 Shazam TP's are re-solicited, with the latter mistakenly referring to the character as Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Bummer. There's no new Shazam comic in the January solicitations. A delay after only 2 two issues is not going to help build momentum. However, Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil and Johns' New 52 Shazam TP's are re-solicited, with the latter mistakenly referring to the character as Captain Marvel.
    Wonder if it’s Eaglesham or Johns who’s responsible? I hope they get a better hold on the schedule.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if it’s Eaglesham or Johns who’s responsible? I hope they get a better hold on the schedule.
    While it indeed could be either one, or other unforeseen circumstances, my memory of the chronic delays for Batman and The Signal kinda make me lean towards the possibility that it's the artist who's falling behind. Cully Hamner was awesome on The Signal book, but because of his schedule and his schedule slip on the book, it went from its initially referenced 6 issues to 3, and then suffered more than one delay following that, including during its 3 issue run.

BANNED

That's great...We'll probably have issue #5 by mid 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Deliberate mistake? They're saying "Forget about Carol Danvers, THIS is the real Captain Marvel"?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The best part about DC's January 2019 solicitations

INJUSTICE VS. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #6
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    He-Man is beset on all sides—by enemies and allies alike. If he helps Superman use the Nexus, he may save Earth from ever falling to injustice. But Skeletor has a marvelous trick up his sleeve! The battle rages, but who will prevail?

Interesting preview from Sen's twitter - https://twitter.com/SEN1227/status/1055974291827642369

Looks like Sen will explore Mary's back story and arrival at the Vazquez' foster home.
    Freddy (blond ugh) Freddy was there first?
    I am curious how these two get along before Billy shows up.
    Should be fun! love the style.

Last edited by Güicho; 11-19-2018 at 07:00 PM.

SHAZAM! #3
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    variant cover by MICHAEL CHO
    “SHAZAM! AND THE SEVEN REALMS” continues! Billy Batson’s world is turned upside down by a figure from the past while Mary, Freddy and the rest of the Shazam Family enter a realm of endless amusements, candy factories and friends in the Funlands! But what’s the catch? Plus, a shocking development within the Library of Eternity!
    ON SALE 02.20.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.

Batson’s world is turned upside down by a figure from the past
    Who?
    a shocking development within the Library of Eternity!
    Library of Eternity? Could be where the mirror (Francesca), the Shazam Knight and Mr.Mind were held?

?
    ?

Although obviously Mr. Mind has escaped and "cooking up" some wicked plan LOL!

Sen as always cerebrating the characters and upcoming series!
    That they tapped her for the back-ups,really speaks to them wanting to explore a fun whimsical side to this Universe.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-19-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Johns is building out a whole history for the source of Shazam’s magic that expands far beyond just Earth. Johns cited fantasy works such as The Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, and The Wizard of Oz as inspiration for how he’ll be using Shazam to open doorways to other magical realms all ripe for exploration.
    IGN Exclusive: A Look Inside Shazam! #1

GEOFF JOHNS WANTS SHAZAM! TO EXPLORE THE FUN SIDE OF MAGIC
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10...-side-of-magic

“I think often magic in the books can be connected to the darker stuff, like monsters, Swamp Thing, and Justice League Dark, and we’re really going to a different side of magic, to the actual origin source of magic, which is wonderful and colorful and mysterious,” Johns told IGN

Another aspect of positive magic will come in the form of youngster Billy Batson and the nature of how he shares his power with his foster siblings, better known as the Marvel Family.

“One of the best parts of Shazam, to me, that’s been in its legacy since the Marvel Family was introduced with Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr., is that there’s always been a family of superheroes,” Johnsa said. “And that power comes from Billy, he shares it with his family, who he has a family bond with. And the whole point of Billy Batson's journey, to me, is, family’s what you make it, not what you’re born with. And it’s about bond and not blood. And I think that was really important for us to continue in our Shazam! series, and although it focuses on Billy Batson, he’s our main character, the rest of the family and the supporting cast are within the book. And the book’s gonna be exploring, why does he have that ability, what does that mean? Who are these champions, and what are they champions of?”
    Two threats in particular are the villainous duo of this new story. The first is Doctor Sivana, who readers already met in the Johns’ previous Shazam! tale

..... we saw him wandering inside the Rock of Eternity where he stumbled across a bottle containing a talking caterpillar-like creature that introduced himself as Mister Mind. Now, five years after that cliffhanger, everyone will finally see what happens next.
    Finally!

“I purposely wanted to have doorways that go different places and stairways that go up and down. [The Rock of Eternity is] a huge castle. And at one point it was on Earth. At one point, the Rock of Eternity was this massive, magical palace that people of all kinds that wielded magic paid pilgrimage to. Because it was a nexus point. And we’ll learn all about that in the very first few issues of the series, we’ll start to uncover and unlock the secrets of the Rock of Eternity. And Mr. Mind is key in those secrets. What he’s up to is connected directly to the biggest secret of the Rock of Eternity that has been revealed thus far. And that’ll be revealed in issue one,”
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-19-2018 at 07:22 PM.

[IMG]

Sen as always cerebrating the characters and upcoming series!
    That they tapped her for the back-ups,really speaks to them wanting to explore a fun whimsical side to this Universe.
    Apparently Mayo “SEN” Naito's backups will....

...tell how Mary Bromfield came to be with her foster family, and later backups will tell stories about the other kids in the Shazam Family.
    So Darla, Pedro & Eugene's back stories will likely come out of her backups too.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-19-2018 at 07:48 PM.