Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 458591929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1454

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post

These really look fantastic , love the incredible detail and energy.
    Dale Eaglesham delivers!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-21-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Incredible Member

I think that since Earth-Zero/Prime is different from Earth-5/S are suppose to be different, I think we should move forward and make the differences even more succinct.

On Earth-Z/P, Billy Batson is Shazam, whose name was given to him by his namesake. "Shazam" is more than just a name; it is an acronym that represents the power of the living lightning, the spark that bestows humankind inspiration. Thus, when Billy says "Shazam", he becomes the power that inspires imagination, which is key when dealing with "magic". It is now up to Billy, as Shazam, to be the champion of magic, in a formulaic world.

As Billy Batson, Billy is unable to access the magic that empowers his alter-ego, though he is sensitive to magic. Only by saying "Shazam" can he become the champion of magic. And only saying his name backwards, can Billy become his normal self.

Meanwhile, on Earth-5/S, we still have our classic Captain Marvel and the Marvel Family, with all the classic elements, including the Wizard, whose champion of magic is Captain Marvel, who is a different person from Billy Batson. "Shazam" is just the magic word, not name for the Wizard. Other than that, no changes there, though I would like to see Shazam and Captain Marvel team-up.

I know that some of you want more classic representation as the norm, but I like a nice compromise, where a) we can experiment with the old stuff on one world, and, b) keep the classic elements intact, where Cap is the premier hero on his own world. I think it is a "win-win" situation.

Spectacular Member

I love Billy, Darla, Mary, and Pedro look. I thought they fixed eugene hair and got rid of the spikes on the top of his head but it is what it is. And for freddy i dont think ill ever like his blonde hair wether its short or long and i dont like that geoff is going for the idiotic surfer persona for freddy but like i said for eugene it is what it is.
    DtbM4QiXcAILn4F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    And only saying his name backwards, can Billy become his normal self.
    That's an interesting twist.
    As far as having two SHAZAM worlds.
    I'd be fine with that, if someone could capture the old C. C. Beck and Bill Parker charm, whimsical flavor, look and stories, that would be great.
    I'd buy that.
    Although the contemporary SHAZAM seems to be pulling enough from the classic stories, yet at the same time modernizing, which works for me too.
    As far as relegating him to his own Universe, I think it's better he's in the same universe as the rest of the DCU, just in his own city, where he is the champion, and can do crossovers where the rest of the DC characters, who can interact with him, regularly.
    That seems key to developing character's longevity.
    I would however besides the SHAZAM specific family, also have him develop his own League of other (once Fawcett City) heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    And for freddy i dont think ill ever like his blonde hair wether its short or long and i dont like that
    Yeah, me neither I'm just not getting used to it, don't know that I ever will .

I'm glad that the movie ignored this and went with a regular dark Feddy, both as kid and adult.

You can really see here Eaglesham is pulling visually from the adult cast of the film.
    Except Freddy.

Last edited by Güicho; 12-03-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'd be fine with that, if someone could capture the old C. C. Beck and Bill Parker charm, whimsical flavor, look and stories, that would be great.
    I'd buy that.
    Although the contemporary SHAZAM seems to be pulling enough from the classic stories, yet at the same time modernizing, which works for me too.
    As far as relegating him to his own Universe, I think it's better he's in the same universe as the rest of the DCU, just in his own city, where he is the champion, and can do crossovers where the rest of the DC characters, who can interact with him, regularly.
    I would however besides the SHAZAM specific family, also have him develop his own League of other (once Fawcett City) heroes.

I'm glad that the movie ignored this and went with a regular dark Feddy, both as kid and adult.

You can really see here Eaglesham is pulling visually from the adult cast of the film.
    Except Freddy.

Of course.

Gotta echo the sentiments, though. Everyone looks great here. Even with Freddy, it’s only really the cut that’s the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'd buy that.

Except Freddy.

Darla looks adorable and Mary looks gorgeous .

Incredible Member

I just hope that the kids, when "empowered", really channel the abilities of their respective patrons. Meaning, while they all have the same powers, I want each to specialize in one of the particular powers. It was hinted in CURSE OF SHAZAM, when Eugene communicated with machines during Black Adam's rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I just hope that the kids, when "empowered", really channel the abilities of their respective patrons. Meaning, while they all have the same powers, I want each to specialize in one of the particular powers. It was hinted in CURSE OF SHAZAM, when Eugene communicated with machines during Black Adam's rampage.
    Yeah this was clearly established by Johns, Pedro is enhanced strength specifically, Darla Speed, and Eugene Wisdom manifests as able to communicate with tech. Marry courage was a bit vague, I'd like to see a scene emphasizing where the others hold back or hesitate, she fearlessly forges ahead, inspiring the others. Freddy stamina is also a bit tough to convey as a specific attribute, but a scene showing maybe not initially as fast, smart, strong as the others, he (by stamina) can still hold out a bit longer than the others by shear will.

All these need to get fleshed out a bit more, and I imagine Johns and now Eaglesham will pursue that further.

As for the movie specifically the surprise of Billy being able to share power, like in Johns' arc, will probably be saved for the final act, so we probably won't see allot of them powered up, just for the final fight.
    And again we'll probably just get a quick hint of each of them emphasizing their specific power attribute.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-04-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

It’s too early to say for sure, but the fact that Billy was engaged in his class in those pages seems to suggest that his attitude has massively improved.

https://www.newsarama.com/42893-shaz...ive-weeks.html

Shazam #2 pushed back 5 weeks. Oh ****, here we go again with Johns. Not sure if it’s him but I wouldn’t be surprised. The guy is always working on a million projects.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/42893-shaz...ive-weeks.html

Shazam #2 pushed back 5 weeks. Oh ****, here we go again with Johns. Not sure if it’s him but I wouldn’t be surprised. The guy is always working on a million projects.
    Old news, and this was already known when 1 was pushed back

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    It’s too early to say for sure, but the fact that Billy was engaged in his class in those pages seems to suggest that his attitude has massively improved.
    Yeah, that moment definitely feels more like the old Billy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    The art for the Mary section looks a lot like that anime-esque Shazam fanart.

Judging from what we see here it seems like Mary has had her own rough experience with the foster care system, but, unlike Billy, she didn't let it get to her. I'm also betting, judging by the Santa hand with the bell, that she gives that money to charity instead of using it to buy food for herself.

This looks amazing - I'm looking forward to this new era of Shazam.