Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1454
    omarfan1

while i do agree that itll be hard to finf a different name for captain marvl junoir what you dont understand is that by calling mary marvel 'mary marvel' and uncle marvel etc irt actually sents this character a sperate super hero than shazam which is really how it should be

Geoff Johns is going to be writing the new Shazam/Captain Marvel book: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...g-deal-1118131.

On the publishing side, Johns will write and curate a DC pop-up label under the moniker The Killing Zone, focusing on new and lesser known or dormant DC characters and titles. He will also write a new Shazam comic series scheduled to hit this fall as well as a comic titled Three Jokers, drawn by Jason Fabok. The latter was a project sidelined as Johns’ time was taken up by executive and screen commitments.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Geoff Johns is going to be writing the new Shazam/Captain Marvel book: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...g-deal-1118131.
    On the publishing side, Johns will write and curate a DC pop-up label under the moniker The Killing Zone, focusing on new and lesser known or dormant DC characters and titles. He will also write a new Shazam comic series scheduled to hit this fall as well as a comic titled Three Jokers, drawn by Jason Fabok. The latter was a project sidelined as Johns’ time was taken up by executive and screen commitments.
    Nice to see it finally listed as "scheduled".
    Yet although he's back to writing, still with the work load, sounds like it could be another thing he will never have time for.
    If this doesn't materialize, he really does need to pas SHAZAM/Captain Marvel to another creative team willing and able to put the time into it.
    Or at least let others tell parallel stories, with the Fawcett U characters, that don't conflict with what he wants to tell.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-11-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Considering how much the movie is drawing from his Shazam story, I imagine a new series that gives source material for a possible sequel is part of the impetus for Johns sitting down and finally tackling the property again.

This news has been a long time coming. Johns ended the Curse of Shazam 5 years ago with Dr. Sivana meeting Mr. Mind. This story needs to be told. I think he will finally make Shazam a priority because of the impending movie based on his story.

Official description of the new Shazam series:

A new series coming in fall 2018! Billy Batson and his surrogate family; Mary Bromfield, Freddy Freeman, Darla Dudley, Eugen Choi and Pedro Pena unlock the mysteries of the Rock of Eternity and delve into the secret worlds of magic to discover their ultimate destiny!

Astonishing Member

On the one hand, it's been darn-near forever (7 years) since he wrote that Shazam backup in Justice League, but supposedly he did mention he intended to write an actual Shazam book later, when the time was right and he had an opening in his schedule. That plus the onset of the movie, and I'm not ultra surprised.

I'm super pleased to hear it, though, if for no other reason than because, hopefully, we'll get some kind of continuation of where we left off with Billy's Family. I'd love for enough time to be had so we can really flesh out the other kids and their superpowered identities (who don't technically have names yet, do they?) and their relationship to Billy and each other.

This is making me want to hunt down and read those back-ups again.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    A new series coming in fall 2018! Billy Batson and his surrogate family; Mary Bromfield, Freddy Freeman, Darla Dudley, Eugen Choi and Pedro Pena unlock the mysteries of the Rock of Eternity and delve into the secret worlds of magic to discover their ultimate destiny!
    Nice! Still the usually low-key description, but there's just enough there to entice!
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-11-2018 at 01:03 PM.

This is making me want to hunt down and read those back-ups again.

Or you could have it all it all in one trade:
    17671918.jpg

Like Geoff Johns, but I absolutely can’t stand his version of the character. Dang.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Or you could have it all it all in one trade:
    17671918.jpg
    That would make more sense, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how much the movie is drawing from his Shazam story, I imagine a new series that gives source material for a possible sequel is part of the impetus for Johns sitting down and finally tackling the property again.
    I think that is possible. He is still working on the DCEU movies in a writing capacity, so he could use the first story arc of his run as a blueprint for what he wants in a DCEU Shazam sequel.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

This news has been a long time coming. Johns ended the Curse of Shazam 5 years ago with Dr. Sivana meeting Mr. Mind. This story needs to be told. I think he will finally make Shazam a priority because of the impending movie based on his story.
    I'm expecting the main antagonists are going to be the Monster Society.

And yeah, I think part of the reason we're getting a new story is because they want to have something for the movies to continue off of given they're using most of the original New 52 story as a base (although I was kind of hoping the films could go in their own direction, maybe taking more from the classic books).
    Looks like we're going to see the Shazam family get more development, both as a family and with their powers, as well as the Rock of Eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm super pleased to hear it, though, if for no other reason than because, hopefully, we'll get some kind of continuation of where we left off with Billy's Family. I'd love for enough time to be had so we can really flesh out the other kids and their superpowered identities (who don't technically have names yet, do they?) and their relationship to Billy and each other.
    I'm curious to see how long Johns will hold out on dealing with Billy and Mary's relation.

As far as codenames...well, the Shazam identity doesn't really lend itself to catchy names like Captain Marvel does, but I'm curious to see how Johns would handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as codenames...well, the Shazam identity doesn't really lend itself to catchy names like Captain Marvel does, but I'm curious to see how Johns would handle it.
    How about:
    Shazam and the Thunders
    Billy is still Shazam, Mary is Captain Thunder, Freddy is Captain Thunder Jr. and the other are the Three Lieutenant Thunders
    Yeah. I hate it too. I miss the Marvel Family name but that ship seems to have sailed.

How about:
    Shazam and the Thunders
    Billy is still Shazam, Mary is Captain Thunder, Freddy is Captain Thunder Jr. and the other are the Three Lieutenant Thunders
    Yeah. I hate it too. I miss the Marvel Family name but that ship seems to have sailed.
    "Captain Thunder" sounds weird for Mary.

I remember Weisman made Mary and Freddy's codenames in Young Justice "Lt. Marvel" and "Sgt. Marvel" and that still felt weird.

This fall? I am hopeful but will not believe it until it’s on the shelf! I will definitely be pulling whenever it hits shelves though.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!