Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1454

Last edited by Güicho; 08-10-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Another thing I don’t like about New 52 Shazam. The new version of Sivana (which I’m sure we’ll get in the new series) is essentially Luthor with a magic eye.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Another thing I don’t like about New 52 Shazam. The new version of Sivana (which I’m sure we’ll get in the new series) is essentially Luthor with a magic eye.
    Are you just going by look? Cause he evolves.
    And to be fair, Sivana was a mad scientist inventor before Luthor, who was just a more fit Sivana later put in a buisness suit.
    Thst's not Sivana at all, who looking to access magic for power and to save his family.
    Which he's done before. And in so doing, corrupts it and himself, reverting to the more familiar decrepit, creepy Count Orlock looking classic Sivana.
    Which isn't like Luthor now, in look or character.

I'm not sure, Did you read it.?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Are you just going by look? Cause he evolves.
    And to be fair, Sivana was a mad scientist inventor before Luthor, who was just a more fit Sivana later put in a buisness suit.
    Thst's not Sivana at all, who looking to access magic for power and to save his family.
    Which he's done before. And in so doing, corrupts it and himself, reverting to the more familiar decrepit, creepy Count Orlock looking classic Sivana.
    Which isn't like Luthor now, in look or character.

I'm not sure, Did you read it.?
    Reverting is probably too strong a statement. He did change, but not very much. He still looks like Luthor with a magic eye, glasses, bad teeth, and a scar. None of which are traditional Sivana traits. And yes, I did read it. Along with his later minor appearances in Metal and Doomsday Clock.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-10-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    ...with a magic eye, glasses, bad teeth, and a scar. None of which are traditional Sivana traits.
    Sivana always looked decrepit, had horrible teeth, and had glasses.
    And the magic eye scar is from his persuit and corruption of Magic.
    How is any of that more like Luthor, visually or thematically?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-29-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Sivana always looked decrepit, horrible teeth, and had glasses.
    And the scar is from his persuit and corruption of Magic.
    How is any of that more like Luthor, visually or themsticlly?
    Sivana’s traditional glasses have small, round lenses where you can’t see cant see his eyes. Also, this Sivana still doesn’t still doesnt have many the character story character’s traditional traits (small stature, pointy ears that extend out, beak-like nose, traditional type of outfit, and oddly shaped head). And Sivana is more of a science character than a magic character. He should retain his classic characterization rather than being the the scientist side of Luthor with magic. For a lot of his existence, Luthor has been scientifically inclined and worked with villain groups. Sivana is kind of like that too, except now what made him unique has been taken away. I want to see classic Sivana back with his four kids (the two good-looking ones allying with Billy but still wishing their father would change).
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Sooooooooooooooo.......

Just wanted to say I am really looking forward to Johns new book this coming November.
    Same here. Once again, I can't state enough of how much of a long time coming it's been.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-10-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Same here. Once again, I can't state enough of how much of a long time coming it's been.
    Same. It's been six years since Johns' one origin story (JLA backups), and an eternity since The Powers of Shazam ongoing in the 90's (20 years-ish?).
    So overdue, and glad the Shazam mythos will have a place to expand and grow!

Incredible Member

Alt cover ^ LOL! but "Wisdom of Solomon" really seems to have been lost on this take on the character.
    Not sure how I feel about that.

SHAZAM! #1
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    backup story art by SEN
    variant cover by GARY FRANK
    blank variant cover available
    The superstar team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Dale Eaglesham reunite to launch the first all-new SHAZAM! monthly title set in the DC Universe in almost 20 years! (What took you guys so long?!)
    Teenager turned super-hero Billy Batson struggles to balance school and superheroics! (Guess which one is more fun?) But when Shazam unlocks a shocking secret deep within the Rock of Eternity, it challenges everything he knows about the worlds of magic and his family’s future as its champions! Also, witness the bizarre team-up of Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind as they set off to build a society all their own! Don’t miss the start of an epic run in the making as “Shazam and the Seven Realms” begins!
    ON SALE 11.21.18
    witness the bizarre team-up of Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind as they set off to build a society all their own!
    This is great to hear, they seem to be picking up right where the last page of N52 back-ups ended.
    "A society of their own" has to mean the start of the building The Monster Society of Evil!!! ...Yay!!!

backup story art by SEN
    Also this was a huge surprise, considering how much Sen's art has been featured and praised throughout this thread.
    It's kind of great to see Sen actually woking on the book.
    Sen if you follow this thread, during the long hiatus your fun and charming art kind of kept hope alive for the character. Congratulations!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Anyone want to see the Animal Avatars concept expanded further?
    And into the other characters.

With Billy's Avatar being Tawny the Tiger (power)

For Marry Hoppy the Bunny (courage)

For Freddy an Eagle Avatar (stamina)

Maybe:
    Eugene a Fox Avatar (wisdom)
    Darla a Gazelle Avatar (speed)
    Pedro a Bull Avatar (strength)

And was Teth Adam's Avatar maybe a Lion or a Scorpion?

Also did everyone notice on Movie Shazam's cape clasps, they have the Tiger emblem? - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3555774

Makes me wonder when the other kids power up, if they will each have their own animal symbol/avatar?
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-15-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Anyone want to see the Animal Avatars concept expanded further?
    And into the other characters.

With Billy's Avatar being Tawny the Tiger (power)
    Is that from the New 52 run?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Is that from the New 52 run?
    Yeah, that was the final battle between Shazam and Black Adam in Justice League#21

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Yeah, that was the final battle between Shazam and Black Adam in Justice League#21
    Thanks.

Also, random question, but does anyone have a panel of WW forcing Adam to revert to his original form with the lasso? I think it was in JLA or JSA from 2006ish.