Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I was hoping that there would be a new Shazam series post Convergence. Maybe after the mini-series' ends?

Shazam could lead wave 2 along with Supergirl aNd Booster Gold.
    I think Johns being off Superman is excellent news for a potential new Shazam series. I'm pegging it mentally for six months into the Post Convergence DCU, when the limited-run new series are ending and Darkseid War is winding down in the Justice League title. Plenty of time to give Gary Frank a headstart!

Has Cameron Stewart ever drawn the modern SHAZAM Family?
    That is Darla, Eugene & Pedro as well as Billy, Marry & Freddy.

Also who did the SHAZAM Family character designs for the animated Flash Point, and JL War?
    I really like that take on them, and would love to see it used for their own DtV Movie or an actual animated SHAZAM show.
    And has there ever been an animated appearance (or even just concept art) of the whole family powered up?

Last edited by Güicho; 02-08-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Replying to this here, since that other thread was more about something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    For post convergence, probably focus on Billy Batson only as a start. Can introduce other super characters if Billy Batson becomes popular.
    I think Billy and Family have shown they can be popular, especially with Johns' and Frank's version. I'd be fine with any new arc launching a new series focusing on Billy having the powers solo, but finding his family was such a huge part of his intro, it'd be a bit odd if they just disappeared.

Also the last page (labeled "...the biggining"), I feel set up Sivana finding a way to "save" his own family though magic, (or at least his own twisted hybrid science version of it) ...and hinted at him introducing his as yet unseen family.
    So again the focus for launching the on-going series might be family.

Hopefully one twisted by science/magic vs. the other channeling pure/magic.
    Which would be great!

Won't spoil who he is talking to.

Is it a bit odd that Thunderworld covered some of that same ground with Sivana and Family? Could this be one stealing the others thunder? Or are these just recurring themes in the franchise?

I wonder if part of the wait for an on-going, has been to not have both out at the same time?
    Anyway unless this arc was continued somewhere, in some event, and i missed it, the wait for this next chapter has been some kind of cruel punishment, Johns and Frank's set up was one of the best launches of the new universe, and they've just let it lose all momentum.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-09-2015 at 08:09 PM.

What Shazam is all about!

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Beautiful footage, and it's amazing to see them animated so well, First Thunder did an on OK job for an origin. That soundtrack overlay here is a bit much though.
    Not crazy about DCs implication that Billy would need Superman's help or explanation to understand and take out Adam though.
    Billy finds his own family. That has been his strength and his history.
    And while a team up is fine, if they want Superman to be a punching bag for Adam.
    The final key to understanding and taking out Teth-Adam shouldn't be Superman, it should be Billy himself!
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-10-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Ugh, I wish they would go back to that look with Shazam, his old costume was so much better, the mini-cape is a lot cooler than the hood he has now.

Say the word ....Kablam!
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-11-2015 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

At least Shazam can make some appearances in the Cyborg title.

Not much, but Dwayne Johnson talks a bit about Black Adam - http://www.gamesradar.com/exclusive-...ks-black-adam/

They seem to imply it will in fact be interconnected with the other DC movies, although I thought they had said this would be separate?
    Not just in tone, but a separate universe.

Not sure how I feel about that, I was hoping he and the Fawcett Universe would really get to be developed on their own, it probably depends allot on what Dawn of Justice is like I guess?
    But DC tends to either play down or make SHAZAM excessively naive and second to Superman, instead of the champion of his world, and worse, subordinate to Batgod's approval, just to make Batman look useful.

ACaptain Mar...SHAZAM doesn't need Superman or Batman to help him figure out his ultimate counterpart Teth Adam, that should come from Billy!
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-11-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You know what I want (what I'd commission with a Powerball jackpot):

Captain Marvel shorts done in the very same style of the Fleischer Superman shorts.

I would sell my soul for these.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Not much, but Dwayne Johnson talks a bit about Black Adam - http://www.gamesradar.com/exclusive-...ks-black-adam/

They seem to imply it will in fact be interconnected with the other DC movies, although I thought they had said this would be separate?
    Not just in tone, but a separate universe.

Not sure how I feel about that, I was hoping he and the Fawcett Universe would really get to be developed on their own, it probably depends allot on what Dawn of Justice is like I guess?
    But DC tends to either play down or make SHAZAM excessively naive and second to Superman, instead of the champion of his world, and worse, subordinate to Batgod's approval, just to make Batman look useful.

ACaptain Mar...SHAZAM doesn't need Superman or Batman to help him figure out his ultimate counterpart Teth Adam, that should come from Billy!
    Very well said, Güicho.

Astonishing Member

I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one who wants more of New52 Billy and his Shazam Family. I basically fell in love with them from reading their debut (I believe I read it all together), and I definitely want more. I'm really anticipating that alleged new Shazam family book.

By the way, has Billy's family appeared in anything since their introduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'd say that is Shazam would need help dealing with Adam, it should come from the family of helpers that he already has. No need to bring Superman or Batman into it.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one who wants more of New52 Billy and his Shazam Family. I basically fell in love with them from reading their debut (I believe I read it all together), and I definitely want more. I'm really anticipating that alleged new Shazam family book.

By the way, has Billy's family appeared in anything since their introduction?
    If memory serves me correctly they briefly appear in one of the Justice League 'Trinity War' issues (not powered up sadly). Billy is contemplating taking Black Adam's ashes back to Kahndaq and is debating this with them.

I've loved Captain Marvel since I was a kid and (unlike some on here) loved the Johns/Frank run. It was so funny in places.

Fingers crossed on that ongoing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    If memory serves me correctly they briefly appear in one of the Justice League 'Trinity War' issues (not powered up sadly). Billy is contemplating taking Black Adam's ashes back to Kahndaq and is debating this with them.

I've loved Captain Marvel since I was a kid and (unlike some on here) loved the Johns/Frank run. It was so funny in places.

Fingers crossed on that ongoing.
    Ah, thanks. I wonder what issue it was? I'm sure it was brief, but still.

Same, for that ongoing.