Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I've really started to grow an interest in this character fairly recently. Is he appearing in any comics currently? I bought the TPB of his New 52 backstories that appeared in JLA.
    Wikipedia ftw?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    Wikipedia ftw?
    Wikipedia lists the Trinity War as the last interesting thing to happen with the character, which ended in August 20013 I believe (again, according to another Wikipedia page). I asked if he was appearing currently, but thanks for the useful tip in internet searching.

Spectacular Member

I've really started to grow an interest in this character fairly recently. Is he appearing in any comics currently? I bought the TPB of his New 52 backstories that appeared in JLA.
    He was last seen in Trinity Wars, but he's supposed to be appearing in The Justice League now.
    Last edited by Damos40; 04-30-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Fantastic Member

I was just kidding. Shazam will be appearing in Justice League comics as Superman's replacement. Also, there might be a movie starring Dwayne as Shazam. Stay tuned.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I was just kidding. Shazam will be appearing in Justice League comics as Superman's replacement. Also, there might be a movie starring Dwayne as Shazam. Stay tuned.
    Yeah, thanks.

Fantastic Member

Yup yup. I'm sure Bat-Mite will show up.

Captainn Marvel/Shazam needs his own book!!!!!!!!!!!! DC give us what we want.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

want to see more of him, glad he will be on the Justice League

Grant Morrison's version of the original Captain Marvel (as apposed to the New 52 Shazam), will be appearing in ThunderWorld, a chapter in the soon to be released miniseries "The Multiversity." Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. will also appear.

Anthonynotes

I like Captain Marvel, along with the rest of the Marvel Family... fun characters, all. (Since I don't like the New 52, don't care about its version of Cap/Billy...)

The supporting characters were also fun: Mr. Mind; Dr. Sivana; Uncle Marvel; Tawky Tawn; Sivana's also-evil children (Thaddeus Jr. and Georgia).

Anyone enjoy reading the recent "Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam" series?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonynotes View Post
    Anyone enjoy reading the recent "Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam" series?
    I really enjoyed the series. The first issue recapped the events in Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil so it was meant to be a continuation of that. However the tone was so completely different and the Billy/Cap relationship altered to the point where I don't know why they bothered. I really wished that Smith had followed up on his work as to date, I think it's the best Captain Marvel DC has given us.
    That said, I enjoyed Johns' New 52 Shazam story and I have high hopes for ThunderWorld.

Ultimate Member

Apparently Shazam is one of the films that WB is currently developing. Also, I'm still waiting for that Shazam book. Make it happen Geoff Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also, I'm still waiting for that Shazam book. Make it happen Geoff Johns.
    I think plans were for Johns to be doing Shazam after Forever Evil, however he was probably forced to do Superman as the sales numbers have been floundering. Since he's now only allowed to do a maximum of 2 books, Shazam has to wait (but will at least be appearing in Johns' other book, Justice League). Maybe if the in-development movie starts to move forward, there'll be more pressure to finally give Cap a solo (and yes, I'll always call him Cap).

BANNED

BANNED