Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    I just had this thought in a Wildstorm thread...

Repost: Give Shazam the "Majestic" name so he can be called "Cap" for short again and Mary doesn't have to suffer being "Mary Shazam" and Freddy, "Shazam Junior". Mr. Majestic can be the Earth-2 counterpart (with the Daemonite backstory) and if/when Earth-2 gets folded into the Prime Earth timeline or whatever happens in 2015, they can all coexist.

How would you guys feel about this? The trademark is still DC's and isn't in play yet in the New 52. Mr. Majestic being a Superman analogue can be a Cap analogue instead kind of like a nod to the way Captain Marvel was when DC acquired the rights to that property.

Captain Majestic, Mary Majestic, Majestic Junior (or Freddy Majestic...always hated CM3 and Junior as names), The Wizard can be Shazam again.
    Love it. Why the hell not, it's better than calling him *$&#ing Shazam.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

Garcia Lopez is a god.

Peace

Edit: Personally, I think the new suit has potential, but it still needs some more tweaking and classic elements.
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-24-2014 at 12:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Garcia Lopez is a god.

Peace

Edit: Personally, I think the new suit has potential, but it still needs some more tweaking and classic elements.
    Yeah, maybe. I like both designs of Shazam, both pre-52 and current New-52. They're both great in my honest opinion. And am I the only one who prefers calling Captain Marvel Shazam?

BANNED

BANNED

Even though, I like the name Shazam. They should have went with Captain Thunder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    Even though, I like the name Shazam. They should have went with Captain Thunder.
    I guess they think that a name is a name. I personally can accept either Shazam, Captain Marvel, or Captain Thunder as the name of the heroic Billy Batson. Won't make me not love the character any less I know that.

BANNED

After so many years, my first instinct is still to think of him as Captain Marvel, however the name change is not a big deal for me. As for what I'd rework on the new suit, maybe the belt and the boots. I'm very excited for the Rock's film, and really curious to see what kind of take they will go for. More classic elements? More new mythology? Honestly, I liked quite a lot Johns and Frank's tale, but Ordway's Power of Shazam is still my favorite modern take on the story. I think I mentioned somewhere that that Ordway was able to do a modern aproach on the character without losing much os it's wide-eyed innocence, which I think should be an essential quality of the character, and that I didn't feel much in the New 52 version.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I guess they think that a name is a name. I personally can accept either Shazam, Captain Marvel, or Captain Thunder as the name of the heroic Billy Batson. Won't make me not love the character any less I know that.
    My exact feelings about this!