Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Ares, you should give the producers of the upcoming movie the benefit of a doubt. If the movie is going to be a fun take on the characters, then it is not going to be lifted straight from COS. We all know of your disdain for the series and the characters. However, complaining at this juncture is a bit premature. At least wait for the teaser trailer first.

Incredible Member

Oh, yay for diversity! I still want the classic "Lieutenants Marvel" to show up somehow...

Still want to see "Blond Freddy", too.

‘The Walking Dead’s Cooper Andrews Cast In ‘Shazam! - http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-walk...ne-1202229944/

My guess he is playing Sloth or Gluttony, I'm even more convinced now they are doing the Seven Deadly Sins!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

‘The Walking Dead’s Cooper Andrews Cast In ‘Shazam! - http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-walk...ne-1202229944/

My guess he is playing Sloth or Gluttony, I'm even more convinced now they are doing the seven deadly sins!
    He's confirmed to be the foster parent. Says so in the article.

So Mr Vasquez? Or Uncle Dudley?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Probably Uncle Dudley, unless the actor is playing a "mean foster parent" type. You know, in keeping with the diversity quota.

Considering that Zachary Levi can play more comedic roles, I predict that the tone of the film will be "Ant-Man meets Stranger Things", since I see that the kids could be like "Goonies". Also, I think that there will be a twist involving the actress playing Mary. Mary will be introduced as an adult character, possibly befriend Billy, but will already have the power of SHAZAM, but is keeping a low profile until the "big reveal", in which the actress will revert to her younger self to Billy, as his twin sister. Expect more twists added to the mythos (i.e. Billy is an inheritor of the power, as a legacy champion, and is somehow connected to Black Adam by blood).

Regardless, it is good to be alive...to be a fan of SHAZAM!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Probably Uncle Dudley, unless the actor is playing a "mean foster parent" type. You know, in keeping with the diversity quota.

Considering that Zachary Levi can play more comedic roles, I predict that the tone of the film will be "Ant-Man meets Stranger Things", since I see that the kids could be like "Goonies". Also, I think that there will be a twist involving the actress playing Mary. Mary will be introduced as an adult character, possibly befriend Billy, but will already have the power of SHAZAM, but is keeping a low profile until the "big reveal", in which the actress will revert to her younger self to Billy, as his twin sister. Expect more twists added to the mythos (i.e. Billy is an inheritor of the power, as a legacy champion, and is somehow connected to Black Adam by blood).

Regardless, it is good to be alive...to be a fan of SHAZAM!
    Agreed. I'm getting more and more excited about this movie. The casting so far has been amazing and knowing Billi won't be a d#ckhead helps a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    If they cast his wife soon, I'd say Vasquez, but off build alone and since he's the only parent mentioned...I wouldn't be surprised if he's a re-worked Uncle Dudley.

Amazing Member

I kind of feel bad for JLAction. I'm not really a fan of the show, but they seem sort of stuck in their desire to do something lighthearted and include Billy/Captain Marvel in the series. They clearly have the classic Wizard Shazam in the show, as well as the classic Black Adam, and this version of Billy is at least a step up from the Nu-52 version. But since they've got the classic Wizard in the series and they make it clear that HIS name is Shazam, they can't call Billy's superhero form by that name. But since DC apparently had some kind of edict about wanting Billy to be more like the Nu-52 Shazam, they had to keep that look and can't call him Captain Marvel either.

The result? Billy's superhero form has yet to be addressed by name in the series. Shazam simply calls him "my champion" or "Billy", and everyone else calls him "kid", regardless of whether he's powered up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I kind of feel bad for JLAction. I'm not really a fan of the show, but they seem sort of stuck in their desire to do something lighthearted and include Billy/Captain Marvel in the series. They clearly have the classic Wizard Shazam in the show, as well as the classic Black Adam, and this version of Billy is at least a step up from the Nu-52 version. But since they've got the classic Wizard in the series and they make it clear that HIS name is Shazam, they can't call Billy's superhero form by that name. But since DC apparently had some kind of edict about wanting Billy to be more like the Nu-52 Shazam, they had to keep that look and can't call him Captain Marvel either.

The result? Billy's superhero form has yet to be addressed by name in the series. Shazam simply calls him "my champion" or "Billy", and everyone else calls him "kid", regardless of whether he's powered up or not.
    I noticed that too. I keep waiting for them to call him Captain Marvel as DC has been hinting that the name would be returning, but nothing. At least call him Captain Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That episode was hilarious! I love it when Billy shows up and the guy that voices him is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post

Well, other heroes call him Shazam and they made a joke out of it that Firestorm in his body kept transforming to and back because he kept saying the name .

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    That episode was hilarious! I love it when Billy shows up and the guy that voices him is spot on.
    I like Sean Astin as the Big Red Cheese, so I'm glad they brought him back for this, but he feels a little off trying to sound like the younger Billy.

But he sounds better here then he did in his first episode.

A bit ago there were a number of interviews in which both DC creative teams and people associated with the movie were referring to the character as “Captain Marvel”, so it really gave me hope that the name would return. But there hasn’t been any change made thus far. Though Cap has been absent from the DCU lately.
    The fact that Marvel’s Captain Marvel movie comes out a month before Shazam probably means there’s no way they will give Billy the name in the DCEU film. Which most likely means they won’t be using it in the comics. Ugh, just call him Captain Thunder. Anything is better than just “Shazam”.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, other heroes call him Shazam and they made a joke out of it that Firestorm in his body kept transforming to and back because he kept saying the name .

I like Sean Astin as the Big Red Cheese, so I'm glad they brought him back for this, but he feels a little off trying to sound like the younger Billy.

But he sounds better here then he did in his first episode.
    I like Sean Astin as an actor but I don’t really like him as the voice of Captain Marvel. He sounds way too immature and occasionally goofy. I prefer Jerry O’Connell voicing him. He sounded youthful but also classicly heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like Sean Astin as an actor but I don’t really like him as the voice of Captain Marvel. He sounds way too immature and occasionally goofy. I prefer Jerry O’Connell voicing him. He sounded youthful but also classicly heroic.
    Well, that kind of fits with how they've characterized his take on Cap/Shazam, though I agree that Jerry O'Connel is pretty much my ideal Captain Marvel voice.

I think he really captured the character well.