Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

very cool, good times-- hope the production goes well, hopefully fun times for the movie.

I’ve read most of Captain Marvel/Shazam’s modern era stories but I haven’t read the Golden and Bronze Age comics. So I have a question for Captain Marvel experts. Traditionally what has been Dr. Sivana’s motivation? He’s the classic mad scientist, so does he just want to rule the world? Does he want the power of Shazam for himself? Does he just want to destroy Captain Marvel in general?

In Geoff Johns’ recent Shazam origin, his Dr. Sivana wanted to find the Rock of Eternity to use the power of Shazam for scientific purposes. Basically mix science and magic. Is that a regular Sivana motivation or something new?

BANNED

Now I understand that obviously things come in waves, things come and go, but it seems to me like this is a marquees character that we really haven’t seen a lot of.

I’m not going to ask when Shazam is happening, because I know that’s a question that I can’t possibly get an answer to. I’m just curious as to where your mind goes, or not just you but where the DC mind goes with a character like that. How do you balance finding the right story versus letting somebody sit on the shelf, maybe for too long?

DD: In this particular case with Shazam, we have the right team, we’re just waiting for them to be available. That’s one of the cases there. With a lot of this stuff, it’s interesting with characters like Shazam, and you know what, there’s a couple of books that constantly come up, Shazam, Legion of Super-Heroes, and Justice Society of America.

A couple of those are actually tied to an event story that’s taking place right now, and hopefully we’ll be able to come out of that in a way that gives it a lift, and hopefully brings new attention and new eyes to those books so they can live a long, healthy life.

With Shazam, we’re really just waiting for one particular creative team to come free. They’ve expressed so much interest in it that we’re just holding it for them until that period of time.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...an-didio-2017/
    Finally, some concrete news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Finally, some concrete news!!
    I know a lot of Cap fans might not like my theory, but I think they're holding it for Johns and Frank's return. I know Johns stated he would not be doing it in an interview sometime mid-last year. But in November he tweeted a response to Frank's tweet (claiming it was his favourite project after Doomsday Clock) "Need to do more Shazam!"
    I think Shazam on prime earth has been off the table for so long because of Johns' schedule. If they return to it after Doomsday Clock finishes, it might launch out of that story's conclusion and it would coincide with massive press from the impending movie.
    Just a theory but I think he's a creator that would have the power to have a big property held for him.
    Personally, I liked a lot of what he did (except for Billy's characterization) and have been waiting forever for the followup on Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind meeting in the end. That was almost 5 years ago now!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Personally, I liked a lot of what he did (except for Billy's characterization) and have been waiting forever for the followup on Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind meeting in the end. That was almost 5 years ago now!
    I'm one of the ones who loved Billy's characterization, and particularly his character progression, throughout that story, so I'm okay and in fact ecstatic if he is waiting for a clear schedule to pick up, in earnest, where he left off.

I am excited for this movie. Fans have waited for a long time.

I Hope they wind up doing additional movies capturing all of the great Marvel Family characters!

Incredible Member

It will be ironic if the movie SHAZAM does just as good, if not better, as MOS...

Fantastic Member

Not sure if I'm late to the party on this one but it has been confirmed by the director that Grace Fulton will be playing Mary Marvel:

https://heroichollywood.com/shazam-g...n-mary-marvel/

The question I have is: will Grace be playing both Mary Marvel and Mary Batson? Or, will there be another actress playing Billy's sister? I ask because Mary is supposed to be Billy's twin-sister and Grace is a little old to be Asher Angel's twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Not sure if I'm late to the party on this one but it has been confirmed by the director that Grace Fulton will be playing Mary Marvel:

https://heroichollywood.com/shazam-g...n-mary-marvel/

The question I have is: will Grace be playing both Mary Marvel and Mary Batson? Or, will there be another actress playing Billy's sister? I ask because Mary is supposed to be Billy's twin-sister and Grace is a little old to be Asher Angel's twin.
    I guess it’s confirmed that she’s playing Mary Batson but we don’t know if they’ll actually call her Mary Marvel. It seems like the movie will be inspired by the New 52 versions of the characters. Which sadly means Billy will most likely be called “Shazam” and not Captain Marvel or Thunder. But DC still hasn’t officially given Mary a superhero name yet. It seems the Marvel name has been scrapped so I have no idea what they’ll end up calling her.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I guess it’s confirmed that she’s playing Mary Batson but we don’t know if they’ll actually call her Mary Marvel. It seems like the movie will be inspired by the New 52 versions of the characters. Which sadly means Billy will most likely be called “Shazam” and not Captain Marvel or Thunder. But DC still hasn’t officially given Mary a superhero name yet. It seems the Marvel name has been scrapped so I have no idea what they’ll end up calling her.
    "Mary Shazam" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well as "Mary Marvel."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Was the Old Wizard once named the Champion and had similar physical powers to CM which he used to fight evil?

I thought I had read that long ago, but I don't know much about the Wizard, his powers or his past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Yup. They introduced this idea back in an issue of World's Finest, where the Champion traveled to the future to ask Captain Marvel for help. It was revealed that as the Champion, Shazam had protected the world in a time akin to Conan's Hyborean Age, powered by ancient gods long since forgotten. As the Champion, Shazam started out "just" having all of Captain Marvel's powers, but over the thousands of years that followed, he mastered the mystic arts and became "The Wizard" that would go on to empower Black Adam, and then later Cap himself.

The Power of Shazam took that idea and brought it into Post-Crisis continuity.
    Interesting that Shazam was known as "Champion" before mastering the mystic arts and becoming "The Wizard".
    Thankfully the wizard Shazam had the wisdom to have his name be a call to action SHAZAM! for his own champion, Billy Batson, to bring forth; Captain Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Thunder Girl, Miss Super, ZHASAM, SHAMAZ, Good Girl, Ms Miracle

BANNED

Sandberg just confirmed the Wizard will be called Shazam!

https://twitter.com/ponysmasher/stat...59046209347584

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Sandberg just confirmed the Wizard will be called Shazam!

https://twitter.com/ponysmasher/stat...59046209347584

"The power of shazam"
    It can't be captain marvel,but "I hope" he is called that "IN" the movie