Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1454

Don't know how the movie is going to pan out, but the trailer is damn good. I like that the wizard's name appears to be Shazam and he transformed right away rather than the New 52 crap. And it looks like they kind of met in the middle with regard to Billy's personality. He's kind of angsty and not the classic version, but he's not the a-hole in the New 52 either.

Last edited by KurtW95; 07-21-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

This looks amazing! Totally nerded out when he transformed (intentionally). We were already expecting the lighthearted tone so the jokes fit well. I just hope it doesn’t go too far and verge on parody.

Also loved how Freddy said “You have bullet immunity!” Almost likes he was playing D&D or a video game.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-21-2018 at 12:44 PM.

YES!!!!! Looks like DC has captured the tone and essence of the character! Can’t wait!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This looks amazing! Totally nerded out when he transformed (intentionally). We were already expecting the lighthearted tone so the jokes fit well. I just hope it doesn’t go too far and verge on parody.

Also loved how Freddy said “You have bullet immunity!” Almost likes he was playing D&D or a video game.
    Yeah I'm very excited to see Freddy in this movie, I think he's going to be a stand out. I really hope his good will and nature rub off on Billy
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

This looks like a really well done version of the "Cap is Billy in an adult body" interpretation of the character. Like, much better than the ones we've had in other media, comics included.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    This looks like a really well done version of the "Cap is Billy in an adult body" interpretation of the character. Like, much better than the ones we've had in other media, comics included.
    Isn't that most versions of the character? Though the wisdom of Solomon would grant him better judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah I'm very excited to see Freddy in this movie, I think he's going to be a stand out. I really hope his good will and nature rub off on Billy
    Up until the transformation, Freddy seemed more like Billy then Billy did .

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Isn't that most versions of the character? Though the wisdom of Solomon would grant him better judgement.
    Hmmm? Traditional Cap is an idealized adult, he and Billy are distinct entities (though not as distinct as, like, Rick Jones and Mar-Vell.) That's Golden Age Cap for sure and (I thought) most modern Caps but maybe I'm wrong? Time to reread Ordway's Shazam series I guess...but in (say) 52 Cap is not Billy in an adult body. Or in Thunderworld. And I thought that was true of all pre-New 52 versions of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Hmmm? Traditional Cap is an idealized adult, he and Billy are distinct entities (though not as distinct as, like, Rick Jones and Mar-Vell.) That's Golden Age Cap for sure and (I thought) most modern Caps but maybe I'm wrong? Time to reread Ordway's Shazam series I guess...but in (say) 52 Cap is not Billy in an adult body. Or in Thunderworld. And I thought that was true of all pre-New 52 versions of the character.
    I thought most were Billy in an adult body except for that one (can't name it off the top of my head) where Billy and Mary are drawn really cartoony.

Always enjoyed the idea of Shazam and that trailer has me most excited about anything DC has ever released. Any reading suggestions for the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Always enjoyed the idea of Shazam and that trailer has me most excited about anything DC has ever released. Any reading suggestions for the character?
    If you want something short, go for Thunderworld by Morrison or Convergence: Shazam by Parker. If you want something longer and a bit dated, but still great, go for the classics. If you want something more contemporary, go for Ordway's "The Power of Shazam." I can't in good conscience recommend the New 52 version, even though it's relatively short. Just doesn't get the core of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If you want something short, go for Thunderworld by Morrison or Convergence: Shazam by Parker. If you want something longer and a bit dated, but still great, go for the classics. If you want something more contemporary, go for Ordway's "The Power of Shazam." I can't in good conscience recommend the New 52 version, even though it's relatively short. Just doesn't get the core of the character.
    Appreciate the recommendations. Yeah, I keep hearing that the New 52 comic is trash.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Murrocko View Post
    Appreciate the recommendations. Yeah, I keep hearing that the New 52 comic is trash.
    The New 52 version isn't trash. Bitter fans took something out of that story and blew it COMPLETELY out of proportion. I definitely recommend it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

His transformation was a bit underwhelming I was expecting something like this:

But maybe they cut some of it for the trailer, otherwise I thought it looked pretty good.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    The New 52 version isn't trash. Bitter fans took something out of that story and blew it COMPLETELY out of proportion. I definitely recommend it.
    And what was that?