Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1454
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    That was posted way back, and discussed -.
    There was even some fun casting guesses at the time.
    I think postet El Gato guessed the Darla casting.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3319447

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...an#post3215939

As far as the made up names, probably they were just casual name changes just used for the casting call, so it's not obvious what they are doing.
    Of course those in the know, are going to get who they were casting for.
    Ah, guess I’m a bit slow on the uptake. I didn’t know they changed names for casting calls.

Again, these details (including Freddy's hair) are fun, and minor details, which in no way impact my full enjoyment of what they've set up so far, and what's coming up.
    Oh, absolutely. For all the complaining and nitpicking we're doing about Freddy's new look, it's nowhere near a big deal, and certainly not big enough to really hamper my excitement about the upcoming title. It's just some minor details I don't care for, nothing more.

I tell ya'll what though, I am very curious to see what codenames the kids end up with.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, absolutely. For all the complaining and nitpicking we're doing about Freddy's new look, it's nowhere near a big deal, and certainly not big enough to really hamper my excitement about the upcoming title. It's just some minor details I don't care for, nothing more.

I tell ya'll what though, I am very curious to see what codenames the kids end up with.
    Same on both accounts.

It’ll be interesting to see if any fan names are chosen.

I'm good with Shazamified colors Johns and Frank developed for the extended family. Freddie as a blond and Mary in red, in balance with her brother, work just fine for me design-wise. Leave the rainbow for the Lantern Corps.

I'm very intrigued by what they'll develop for codenames for the Shazamily - hopefully they'll be fitting and good and not freak out and alienate Captain Marvel fans...too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm good with Shazamified colors Johns and Frank developed for the extended family. Freddie as a blond and Mary in red, in balance with her brother, work just fine for me design-wise. Leave the rainbow for the Lantern Corps.

I'm very intrigued by what they'll develop for codenames for the Shazamily - hopefully they'll be fitting and good and not freak out and alienate Captain Marvel fans...too badly.
    Oh, Im sure the people who are still sore about the name change aren't going to be satisfied with any new names for the other kids.....but hopefully the rest of us like what Johns comes up with.

Though I half suspect that they'll do a "MCU" sorta thing and refer to each other by first name most of the time (seriously, has anyone ever called Wanda the Scarlet Witch in the movies?).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Oh, Im sure the people who are still sore about the name change aren't going to be satisfied with any new names for the other kids.....but hopefully the rest of us like what Johns comes up with.

Though I half suspect that they'll do a "MCU" sorta thing and refer to each other by first name most of the time (seriously, has anyone ever called Wanda the Scarlet Witch in the movies?).
    Oh, I'm positive people will have opinions and the love/hate will be strong.

Some people hate change, even if it's the transformation of a good kid into a magical superhero.

besides black adam, how have the Captain Marvel villains been updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    We know Sivana has, and the last scene of Curse of Shazam suggests Mr. Mind. Other than that, I do think anyone else has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Sivana so far: Is still a scientist, although now for who science has failed him, in that it was incapable of saving his family.
    He at one point was tested to be a contender for the SHAZAM! power. yet wasn't chosen. So he is aware "magic" exists, and now is obsessed with having access to it to bring back his family.
    In his pursuit to access it, it is him who re awakens Adam. He's since gained the power to see magic, but can't harness it himself, and it's also begun to corrupt his body, to where he looks more like the traditional Count Orlock looking Sivana.

Seven Deadly Sins: who have lapsed into human form, have now been re-awoken and reformed by Black Adam, who tasks them with destroying this realm of reality, in prep for his new reign.
    The SHAZAMily however has so far defeated them.
    Sivana has also gained access to peer into the Rock of Eternity where he has made contact with-

Mr. Mind so far: exists in a sealed glass flask under a Bell-jar kept at the Rock of Eternity. He is there with a curious Magic-Mirror [Francesca] who helped guide Billy. And a (potentially enchanted)Knights Armor with SHAZAM! Markings. (who/what if anything the Knight is, remains to be seen.)

As Billy and the other potentials before him were considered, these three seem to have been witnesses to it, and appear to have a personal vested interest in who would be ultimately chosen.
    What the three have in common? Why they are there? To what ends? Are they connected? Are they a collection from the other "7 realms"? Guests? Prisoners?
    Remains to be seen.

The SHAZAM! back-ups end, with Dr, Sivana accessing the Rock of Eternity, and Mr. Mind saying to him...""You and I shall be the best of friends" ...The Beginning.

Going by my quick memory of the relaunch (although I haven't read a chapter which took place in the Trinity War event, which I believe explored more, potentially the reintroduction of:

Ibac: as I believe is now depicted as the barbaric ruler who once enslaved Khandaq and Teth Adam's people).

That's who I remember we've seen so far.
    I'm sure others can and will fill in more details.

The new solicitation for #1 indicate:
    SHAZAM! #1
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM

....when Shazam unlocks a shocking secret deep within the Rock of Eternity, it challenges everything he knows about the worlds of magic and his family’s future as its champions! Also, witness the bizarre team-up of Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind as they set off to build a society all their own! Don’t miss the start of an epic run in the making as “Shazam and the Seven Realms” begins!
    Hinting at the start of the reforming of the Monster Society of Evil.

Looking forward to see how that plays out.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-02-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Just noticed this.

When the kids all transform for the first time, Darla clearly looks like a teen, contrasting with the other kids’ adult forms.

300px-Shazam_Family_2013_Gary_Frank.jpg

The next time we see the transformations, her appearance is kind of ambiguous (she could still be a teen, but she does look a bit older).

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...omics-2018.jpg

In the most recent, however, she looks like a grown woman.

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...?itok=asa3L5jk

What do you think? Is that reflective of the story or artistic license?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Just noticed this.

When the kids all transform for the first time, Darla clearly looks like a teen, contrasting with the other kids’ adult forms.

300px-Shazam_Family_2013_Gary_Frank.jpg

The next time we see the transformations, her appearance is kind of ambiguous (she could still be a teen, but she does look a bit older).

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...omics-2018.jpg

In the most recent, however, she looks like a grown woman.

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...?itok=asa3L5jk

Billy, when 'Shazam-ed', had a heroic ideal: his father. So, to a certain degree, 'Captain Marvel' was Billy's father.

Freddy, however, had a lot of self-confidence and this manifested when he 'Shazam-ed' by him being (looking) an idealised version of himself. Not as an adult but as he is: a confident teen.

Mary had something similar and, traditionally, would appear as a slightly older version of herself, highlighting her maturity and 'big sister' element.

In keeping with the above, it may be that Darla had certain insecurities/views when she initially 'Shazam-ed' and, since being granted her abilities, has gained confidence and understanding and now sees herself as more grown up than before.

.....I could have sworn Darla at least was still a kid after powering up?
    True, although she did age up slightly older, but still looked younger then the rest. Looks like they've updated to match the upcoming movie a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post

I think they've just been working out how to portray them...
    In Flashpoint where these characters were first introduced (although a somewhat different concept as they all call on and are replaced by Cap Thunder) Darla is already older, as well as in the cartoon version,...

so Johns and co. were and into N52 still likely working out, how they wanted to portray the characters.
    Also of late, I thought I remember reading Johns and Eaglesham were taking some cues they liked from the upcoming film.
    Where we know they cast Meagan Good as adult Darla.
    Has it changed again?, seems to be Eaglesham's new and consistent take on her from the go.

I wonder if he is somewhat basing Darla's adult look on what Meagan Good will look like in the upcoming movie.
    ((*note above^ is not the same or her from the movie, nor did I suggest it was, just an example of how Meagan has worn her hair)
    I imagine Dale and Geoff have access to what Meagan will be looking like and what they will all look like as adults in the movie.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-04-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Same. I really, really dislike that they have dumped Freddy's characterization and visual (especially for something so generic), but it's not a big enough issue that I'll pass on the title.

Still, it would be 1000% better if they were handling Freddy with his rockabilly vibe. It's a easy character marker to use, and there are still kids out there who dig the retro thing.
    SNIP!

Point of fact: Elvis was a natural sandy-blond. He later dyed his hair before making the big times. But if a more rockabilly look is what you want, you can't go wrong with Freddy having the look made famous by Brian Setzer of "The Stray Cats"...or the Johnny Bravo look.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/481603753882084899/

https://www.deviantart.com/sakimicha...ravo-505601401

It could easily be done, but it should be done organically to be believable.

Incredible Member

It's Phily, yet hopefully the Fawcett universe is accessible, as well as all the characters from it.
    Honestly rather than Billy be an after thought joiner of the Justice League, answering to Superman and worse Batman.
    Which is how DC and the fans wanting him there have inadvertently kept Billy/SHAZAM down, and made Billy a second rate character.
    I do hope Billy reforms his own classic League now headquartered in Phily, with updated characters from that U.
    Actually, Batman respects Billy more than Superman does, because Batman doesn't treat Billy as "just a kid with super-powers". Superman, on the other hand, treats Billy as a younger brother who needs watching over.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Actually, Batman respects Billy more than Superman does, because Batman doesn't treat Billy as "just a kid with super-powers". Superman, on the other hand, treats Billy as a younger brother who needs watching over.
    Which is ironic in its' own way.

Yeah... Batman has his share of underage Robins and is used to respecting a kid based on their skill and training and not their age...

But then he's also alwayd suspicious of Superman and Green Lantern because they're too much power to be left unchecked...

If you're afraid of an evil Superman... he should be extremely concerned about Captain Marvel