Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I get that Carol has the most recent "draw" of the cast members here, but that Dodson cover composition should have been given a tad more thought, IMO.
    I'm not usually one to pick up or comment on things like that. However, that's exactly what I first thought when I saw it. I mean besides the fact that I really don't enjoy Dodson's work in general.

That being said after Secret Wars Ewing will probably be the best writer at Marvel, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Of the currently announced books, this is the one I look forward to most.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yes that's him
    Thanks dboi
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This is going to be a REALLY powerful team with Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel and Spectrum on it. I just hope they let BP be team leader. Now I'm really looking forward to this
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

>I'm a huge Monica fan and I've wanted to see more of Blue Marvel... and who doesn't want more Galactus?!
    >I hope this book isn't another Carol vehicle. I like Carol but don't force her at me.
    >I have no idea about Chavez.
    >The only true negative for me is Black Panther. I detest the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Niffleheim

I just saw Black Panther's full costume and it looks like it's from a sex shop. It looks too girly on a man.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-30-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Man, I am living for this book, and I can think of so many obscure/underused characters that should be able to pass by throughout the run (like Quasar or Living Lightning). If I had any gripe, it would be my girl Spectrum's trench coat. It worked for Nextwave, but here, it just seems kind of silly and out-of-place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Karmadelic View Post
    Man, I am living for this book, and I can think of so many obscure/underused characters that should be able to pass by throughout the run (like Quasar or Living Lightning). If I had any gripe, it would be my girl Spectrum's trench coat. It worked for Nextwave, but here, it just seems kind of silly and out-of-place.
    Hey, dont you dear diss that awesome trenchcoat- she looks better in it here than she did in Nextwave(where the coat's color didnt even match the costume colors).

Trenchcoat stays!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    This is going to be a REALLY powerful team with Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel and Spectrum on it. I just hope they let BP be team leader. Now I'm really looking forward to this
    Going by what Ewing said, it sounds like T'Challa & Carol will be co-leaders.

BANNED

Seems like Ewing has a solid grip on what makes BP unique as a superhero - the strong political angle, and the importance of Wakanda to his identity. BP on that variant cover is way off the mark though; the nose looks like it's outside the mask and the physique looks feminine.

Glad to hear the Triskelion is coming back, even if that's the only thing that connects this to the original Ultimates. This whole thing does kind of remind me of Fialkov's short-but-underrated Ultimate FF, with its cosmic-level threats and small team of mostly unrelated heroes.

The use of two Captain Marvel-related heroes has me hoping they could bring back Genis-Vell as a villain. Is he still dead?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I just saw Black Panther's full costume and it looks like it's from a sex shop. It looks too girly on a man.
    I'm fine with it. Bring back on the fanservice!

Really excited for this book. Ewings a damn fine writer and this has me very interested. Looks like he will be crafting some real mythology here like with the use of the Triskelion.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The use of two Captain Marvel-related heroes has me hoping they could bring back Genis-Vell as a villain. Is he still dead?
    That could a really cool idea. Maybe Phyla could appear for a story too.

I'm fine with it. Bring back on the fanservice!
    Same.

Im excited for this story. Theres lots of potential out there for story telling. Perhaps an arc hunting down the reborn Sentry whose Void side is becoming a planet killer.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

One one hand, this has a potentially intriguing concept.

On the other hand, Galactus as a teammate.