Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Wakanda View Post
    . He's also a founding Avenger )
    Heh...nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Heh...nope.
    my bad. edited.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Actually she is. She's the only one has an upcoming movie as well as her own series.
    Not at all true. Black Panther has a comic series and solo movie in the works as well, not to mention an appearance in next years Civil War. He's also among the earliest Avengers and has had significant roles in all the major Marvel storylines of the past few years (AvX, Infinity, Time Runs Out, Secret Wars)
    Why are ppl debating over two niche characters with substandard monthly sales?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    Dodson usually does more curvaceous women, and I don't see any breast in that Black Panther.
    Anyway, Dodson often has that kind of problem with men. I don't think its necessarily wrong, but sometimes it doesn't fit with the character.
    That's because he's been pigeonhole into a specific type of style. But he's falling into the classic trope where his niche is seeping through his other styles of work and as an artist, that's something you don't do. Take pointers from Adam Hughes for example, or Frank Cho. They are known as the king of cheesecake female art, but when they are chosen to draw men, they have enough anatomical knowledge to keep their men looking like men. Terry seriously needs to go back to the drawing board if he's constantly making his men look like women as his niche is preventing him from growing as an artist. With that said, even the piece quoted above is 10 times better than the POS we have ultimates cover. Rocafort piece literally blows Terry's out the water.

Actually she is. She's the only one has an upcoming movie as well as her own series.
    Black Panther says hi.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

And we're going Outside. We've had things come in from Outside, but I don't think we've ever had anyone go Outside themselves, and I figure that's the next natural step in that plot line.
    Am I supposed to know what "Outside" is?

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Am I supposed to know what "Outside" is?
    I've also been on my computer for some time.

Help us with this concept? Outside???????

Mighty Member

Outside is a reality/dimension/place that exists beyond temporal/historical/true event structure of the marvel universe. A space beyond reality where there are Beyonders, Examiners, Normalizers, Gardeners, and Debasers, all hinted to be able to control the 616 reality in the same way that a fifth-dimensional imp does.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Well, only one of them actually has an ongoing title right now. And Captain Marvel's had weak physical sales, but we don't know how it's been doing digitally.

I wouldn't say either character is necessarily niche. They're both popular characters. Captain Marvel and Black Panther are both classic characters.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Outside is a reality/dimension/place that exists beyond temporal/historical/true event structure of the marvel universe. A space beyond reality where there are Beyonders, Examiners, Normalizers, Gardeners, and Debasers, all hinted to be able to control the 616 reality in the same way that a fifth-dimensional imp does.
    Does the Outside have anything to do with the 15 elders of the universe?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I see.

Yes. Ok.

Fifth dimensional imp.

Got it.

Wow! That looks pretty badass! I could do without the armored look on the knees, though. Carol is up front. Does that mean she's the leader?
    She and BP are representing 'SHADO'/Wakanda on the team. Apparently their home base will be the Triskelion (pinched from the old 1610 Ultimates): Wakandan embassy in one wing, Carol's spaceforce HQ in another and the team itself in the third. It's all being backed by the US and Wakanda.

I'd imagine it's going to be Blue Marvel in overall charge, maybe with Monica as the leader in the field - and Ms. America there to represent girl-in-hotpants.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

BANNED

Not at all true. Black Panther has a comic series and solo movie in the works as well, not to mention an appearance in next years Civil War. He's also among the earliest Avengers and has had significant roles in all the major Marvel storylines of the past few years (AvX, Infinity, Time Runs Out, Secret Wars)
    Black Panther hasn't had an ongoing solo series for years. Marvel has been pushing Carol Danvers for years now and has played a significant part in all those above mentioned events, although, its safe to say that BP played a bigger role in Time Runs out than Carol did. Carol's movie is also more highly anticipated than Panther's.

BANNED

Because one of those characters has her own solo series, the other does not. Substandard sales are a lot better than no sales at all.

Mighty Member

Does the Outside have anything to do with the 15 elders of the universe?
    Idk. The whole thing was only recently conceived in Captain American and the Mighty Avengers. It's not a place we ever get to see, and thus far there isn't much else to it.