Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hellboy in Hell #6: The Death Card

Coming out on the 14th of May is the next issue of Hellboy in Hell. Also, here's Mignola's tour of the previous five issues.

Awesome, each issue of Hellboy feels like an event in itself.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I'm pretty new to Hellboy, but I've enjoyed In Hell a lot. Can't wait for more.

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    I'm pretty new to Hellboy, but I've enjoyed In Hell a lot. Can't wait for more.
    I'm the same.

I mean I've read mostly everything up to now, but with the Hellboy In Hell comics I've only been like "Wait. I need to read this". And then I do and it just grabs me with being both startlingly mistifying as well as just totally clicking with me. And I'll read it again and again.
    I call that good reading .

Sheesh, that emoticon seems shockingly new and shiny. Like a lemon Ray Charles just made a fartjoke, but with no spittle!?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-03-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: a lemon.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I'm terribly excited for this issue. I love these one shot stories.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Awesome, each issue of Hellboy feels like an event in itself.
    I couldn't agree more. I love all the other Mignolaverse series that come out but there is something extra special about a new Hellboy comic.

It's so hard to stay away from the preview. Sometimes I look at the smaller thumbnail sized pages and tell myself that as long as I don't click to enlarge I'm okay. Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    It's so hard to stay away from the preview. Sometimes I look at the smaller thumbnail sized pages and tell myself that as long as I don't click to enlarge I'm okay. Soon!
    It's definitely better to go in without having read the previews.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm so pumped this is coming out soon, the wait between the last one and this one was maddening.

Just in time to read it in a tent on the long weekend in Canada!

I've been enjoying this series so much. Hell is a lot of fun. With all the years of hints of Hellboy's future, it's been a bit like being a kid and hearing about Disneyland*. And now the family has finally made the trip.

*If Disneyland had monumental statues pouring out rivers of blood.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    Just in time to read it in a tent on the long weekend in Canada!

I've been enjoying this series so much. Hell is a lot of fun. With all the years of hints of Hellboy's future, it's been a bit like being a kid and hearing about Disneyland*. And now the family has finally made the trip.

*If Disneyland had monumental statues pouring out rivers of blood.
    That is probably the coolest description of this book I've ever seen, if Scott or anyone else up there is reading this you have to put that on the trade cover next time!

But seriously, awesome issue! I loved seeing the Vampire of Prague again though I wish we saw more puppets! Another thing I liked was the use of the bird image again as a symbol of souls reaching salvation and it seems like we're seeing more and more of them as Hellboy makes his journey through Hell, which certainly gets me wondering about what his presence is causing.

[QUOTE=
    But seriously, awesome issue! I loved seeing the Vampire of Prague again ...[/QUOTE]

I was surprised that he was in it, but pleasantly surprised! Honestly I was a little disappointed with the original Vampire of Prague story because not being drawn by Mignola it just felt off, more than other comics he hasn't drawn. And I really wanted to see how the vampire and all that would have been with Mike's hand at the wheel. Well now I know!

Honestly when the guy showed up at first I thought it was the guy from 'The Island', I forget his name, but you know Mr. Secret History of the World. I would have also been pleasantly surprised if it was him.

Whoa. It was good As always. Our good old Vampire guy was surely threatening this time.

hellboy-in-prague.jpg

And I loved how Mr. Mike's old sketch slipped into this issue!

This was so good! These last two issues have really shown that Mike's enjoying what he's doing. You can see the love pouring off the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by didism View Post
    And I loved how Mr. Mike's old sketch slipped into this issue!
    Good catch! I didn't even notice that