Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Just re-read the tpb to get in the mind set to read issue 6 and man,I loved it. This is brings me back to everything that make Hellboy ,Hellboy.
    The start is fanatastic and each and every panel I found myself studying at how much weight and great storytelling went into each marvelous panel. mike's great story along with the fantastic art is only more dramatic with Dave's palette.
    Cannot wait for more

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    Just re-read the tpb to get in the mind set to read issue 6 and man,I loved it. This is brings me back to everything that make Hellboy ,Hellboy.
    The start is fanatastic and each and every panel I found myself studying at how much weight and great storytelling went into each marvelous panel. mike's great story along with the fantastic art is only more dramatic with Dave's palette.
    Cannot wait for more
    I did the same thing, I picked up the first Hellboy in Hell trade at the same time I picked up #6 and reading it all in one sitting was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    They turned back into skeletons! They're the two dead soldiers Hellboy met out in the graveyard with Captain Dulot in the previous issue.
    I don't have it on hand, but I'm pretty sure the map makers were different people than the two soldiers. Different clothes.

The first time I read it I just assumed that they were the soldiers because they were skeletons, but when I looked back I noticed that they were wearing suits so it must've been the map makers who had also turned into skeletons.

The two soldiers were at the bar with the monkey, the two map makers were sat at the table with Hellboy offering him the map. The map makers scarpered when the card playing character appeared. The two soldiers were still at the bar when Hellboy was whisked away by the card playing character*

In terms of what you see - the soldiers were skeletons from the start, the map makers show off their skeletons when the card playing character chats to them. So some perception thing is going on here.

*I know his identity, just avoiding spoilers

The human/skeleton thing has been going on with the dead in Hellboy for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The human/skeleton thing has been going on with the dead in Hellboy for a while.
    I keep waiting for it to happen with Hellboy himself.

It seems like it started to in this issue.

Kinda late to the party. I did read #6 while camping on the long weekend (and I was being attacked by a tick at the time, though I didn't know it until about 20 minutes later when I put my hand onto my neck and felt it, so it was like VAMPIRE SURROUND effect ). I just re-read it along with the previous 5. A few things:

1) The "REALLY?" panel on the first page is one of my favourite Hellboy panels.
    2) Holy cannoli the SWOK/puppet attack page is a stunning piece of composition (there are a number of stand-out pages, but this one has got so much action AND playfulness with shapes).
    3) I love you, "HA!" bat.

Also... a hope in hell. Fancy that.

Love this series.

Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    Kinda late to the party. I did read #6 while camping on the long weekend (and I was being attacked by a tick at the time, though I didn't know it until about 20 minutes later when I put my hand onto my neck and felt it, so it was like VAMPIRE SURROUND effect ). I just re-read it along with the previous 5. A few things:

1) The "REALLY?" panel on the first page is one of my favourite Hellboy panels.
    2) Holy cannoli the SWOK/puppet attack page is a stunning piece of composition (there are a number of stand-out pages, but this one has got so much action AND playfulness with shapes).
    3) I love you, "HA!" bat.

Also... a hope in hell. Fancy that.

Love this series.
    That second point made me think part of this story was motivated by Mike Mignola wanting to draw scenes he missed out on in The Vampire of Prague. It does not disappoint. I'll have to reread 5 and 6 just before #7 comes out.

Oeming's drawing fanart...

So when is # 7 coming out ??

- Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Bentzen View Post
    So when is # 7 coming out ??

- Jan
    No date yet. Last I heard 7 and 8 were a two-parter, so if that's still the case, it will likely be a longer wait as those two will come out a month apart.

Robert James Liguori

Is the death card the seven of hearts? That is the card that denied a straight flush of spades? If not what is the death card in this story and 'The Vampire of Prague' and why? I do think its the seven of hearts.

Hellboy Rob