Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The stories make plenty of sense, they just aren't the place to look for Avengers tie-ins. This is a much more humor based book than its colleagues.
    Either it takes place in the same world, or not. If it does, they notice Attilan falling and have heard about the Incursions. If not, Kamala has no powers and this issue doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I think it's more that following those storylines to a T doesn't matter to the plot of Ms Marvel. Just as Unbeatable Squirrel Girl or Rocket/Groot don't really have anything to do with them either.
    Without those storylines, Kamala's origin doesn't happen at all, nor this story in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    It's not part of NYC, so it's deemed as a completely unimportant place.
    The problem isn't that Jersey City is ignored, but rather that it seems to ignore the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yeah, no. The denizens of Sunnydale didn't ignore the school blowing up, and the fall of Attilan would be highly noticeable from Jersey City.
    Well, my memory is fuzzy, but how long i remember, they ignored the reason of why the school was blown up.

And well, there has things falling and big explosions coming for New York since the Fantastic Four got their powers; so i dont see what happened with Attilan wouldnt be brushed off as just the typical stuff.

Besides, it took to the Professor to actually say: "yes, im a mutant, and yes, i run a school for mutants" to people start noticing that the all those battles at the X-men's school werent just sound effects caused by the wind.

Either it takes place in the same world, or not. If it does, they notice Attilan falling and have heard about the Incursions. If not, Kamala has no powers and this issue doesn't happen.
    The problem isn't that Jersey City is ignored, but rather that it seems to ignore the rest of the world.
    Well, that's one of the charms of the book, dont you think, that Kamala is mostly away from the world of sociopaths that the rest of the universe has degenarated into.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, my memory is fuzzy, but how long i remember, they ignored the reason of why the school was blown up.

And well, there has things falling and big explosions coming for New York since the Fantastic Four got their powers; so i dont see what happened with Attilan wouldnt be brushed off as just the typical stuff.

Besides, it took to the Professor to actually say: "yes, im a mutant, and yes, i run a school for mutants" to people start noticing that the all those battles at the X-men's school werent just sound effects caused by the wind.

Well, that's one of the charms of the book, dont you think, that Kamala is mostly away from the world of sociopaths that the rest of the universe has degenarated into.

I agree! I don't care much about 100% perfect continuity as long as the story is good. And if you ask me, Ms. Marvel is a GOOD story. It's one of my favorite comics to read every month. The only question I have has nothing to do with continuity or anything like that, but I'm wondering why it took two months for this comic to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumney View Post
    I agree! I don't care much about 100% perfect continuity as long as the story is good. And if you ask me, Ms. Marvel is a GOOD story. It's one of my favorite comics to read every month. The only question I have has nothing to do with continuity or anything like that, but I'm wondering why it took two months for this comic to come out.
    I think that the most likely is that given that Secret Wars is around, the rest has suffered schedule slips.

Precisely. Given the absolute shithole that Marvel's NYC is and how close they are to it, who in Jersey wouldn't want to pretend like nothing ever happens? Ignorance is bliss, after all.
    Last edited by Myetche; 08-03-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!