Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Spider-Island, #2

• The Spider-Queen has turned Manhattan into an island of Spider-Madness and Peter Parker has lost, thanks to Spider-Scribe CHRISTOS GAGE (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN) & rising star artist PACO DIAZ (WOLVERINE, SCARLET SPIDERS).
    • With Spider-Man defeated and captive, does Flash Thompson, A.K.A. VENOM stand a chance?
    • All this, plus visit the MC2 patch of BATTLEWORLD! Mayday Parker and her Spider-Family are back courtesy of classic Spider-Girl team TOM DEFALCO, RON FRENZ & SAL BUSCEMA!

Full article here.

BANNED

If no one is going to say it then I will start, and that is this: spoilers:
    Didn't the Dream team disbanded in A-Next #12 ?
    end of spoilers

I wonder if this running gag with everyone still calling Mayday Spider-Girl is a meta joke at Slott changed her but to the readership she's still Spider-Girl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wonder if this running gag with everyone still calling Mayday Spider-Girl is a meta joke at Slott changed her but to the readership she's still Spider-Girl.
    It's difficult for fans of Mayday to move on from this given how Slott wrote her situation.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She really should modernize her father's suit. It looks old and tacky on her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Or someone could give her a new look like it worked for Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Or someone could give her a new look like it worked for Miles Morales.
    It'd be funny if she was told that that look is in bad taste.

BANNED

It'd be funny if she was told that that look is in bad taste.
    Even if she the one that thinks it ?

Even if she the one that thinks it ?
    Well if she's the one who thinks that, then there'd be at least a chance of her getting a costume of her own instead of walking around in her dad's old costume which doesn't really feel like it fits her.

Astonishing Member

I have a theory, considering what they did to Captain America, Captain Marvel and Hulk to "cure them", I believe who the other members of Venom's monster team are. I suspect the "Iron Goblin" is actually Iron Man, possibly using the Osborn's Goblin Formula on him to "cure him" from the Arachno-morphosis. And I believe the Stegron from the cover is actually Iron Fist, possibly after being injected with the serum of Stegron.

Well, I don't know what the webs is going on Spider-Girl's story, although I bet is somekind of manipulation of Doom. Whatever it is, they better explain it in this issue, because I'm very pissed with the whole thing about the Avengers thinking that May is an imposter or that she killed her own father!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

Well, I don't know what the webs is going on Spider-Girl's story, although I bet is somekind of manipulation of Doom. Whatever it is, they better explain it in this issue, because I'm very pissed with the whole thing about the Avengers thinking that May is an imposter or that she killed her own father!!!

I'm surprised we haven't seen Kaine or the Fantastic Five yet. However, knowing Doom controls Battleworld, I could understand why we may not be getting an appearance of the Fantastic Five in this Spider-girl/woman story.

Still where is Kaine and Darkdevil in this tale ?

I'm surprised we haven't seen Kaine or the Fantastic Five yet. However, knowing Doom controls Battleworld, I could understand why we may not be getting an appearance of the Fantastic Five in this Spider-girl/woman story.

Still where is Kaine and Darkdevil in this tale ?
    We did see a Kaine in MODOK Assassin though I doubt that it was our Kaine considering he was killed off pretty quickly.

BANNED

We did see a Kaine in MODOK Assassin though I doubt that it was our Kaine considering he was killed off pretty quickly.
    Still, that's just one version of Kaine. The one I'm speaking of is a native to the MC-2 and is usually around his "nephew" Darkdevil.

I'm hoping Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz haven't forgotten about the MC-2 Universe Kaine and his connection to the Parker Family. I mean Dan Slott SURE FORGOT ABOUT MC-2 version of KAINE in Spider-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That's why she wore the Reilly suit - the original pitch had her in the classic costume but Ron Frenz instead put her in the Reilly suit because he felt that looked better. But of course, Spider-Verse Spider-Versed up the place and we have what we have.