Default new "Donna" origin..better for a Nubia reboot?

I've been thinking about "Donna's" new origin. It's soooo far removed from her real origin (one of many reasons I take issue with it) and wondered...would it have worked better as a rebooted origin for Nubia? She was originally created as an adversary for Diana, and found redemption. It many ways it makes a better fit (would be even better if Diana retained her real origin)

Apart from the implications created by having a woman of color/character if color as a baddie...even if temporary...what do you all think?

I think this carton of milk has been spilled.

I don't think this origin is any better for Nubia. A black woman created to be a monster and redeemed by a white woman? That will bring even more outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think this origin is any better for Nubia. A black woman created to be a monster and redeemed by a white woman? That will bring even more outrage.
    Yeah I noted that. And obviously nothing is going to actually change....my point was that Nubia's old origin seemed more in lone with "Donna's" new one than real Donna's original one...

I'd rather they bring back the Bana Mighdall Amazons.

Nubia would be Shim'Tar. They'd fight and Nubia would steal Diana's crown like in her famous Silver Age story. She could be instrumental to bringing the two tribes together at last as Diana helps Shim'Tar redeem herself against all the evils Antiope's Amazons have done.

BANNED

In all honesty, if this origins of Donna had been given to Artemis instead, I wouldn't have any major problems with it.
    I'd be irritated that she was turned into this kind of evil, but that said, it would actually fit into her character as harder, less pleasant, Diana.

Nubia however... I think if it had been her, there would be some accusations of racism thrown around. I like, asides Dessa, Nubia would be the first really big-name non-white/god from the olden days to appear in WW, and the first thing she'd be doing was to be a hatemonger before becoming committing mass-murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    In all honesty, if this origins of Donna had been given to Artemis instead, I wouldn't have any major problems with it.
    I'd be irritated that she was turned into this kind of evil, but that said, it would actually fit into her character as harder, less pleasant, Diana.

Nubia however... I think if it had been her, there would be some accusations of racism thrown around. I like, asides Dessa, Nubia would be the first really big-name non-white/god from the olden days to appear in WW, and the first thing she'd be doing was to be a hatemonger before becoming committing mass-murder.
    I agree with your point about Artemis being a better fit for this role Donna is currently saddled with. But I guess it was more "shocking" this way...

For Me Nubia should be a Bana. I would have liked it if Nubia was her twin.

I agree that Donna's N52 origin would have worked very well to reboot Nubia. Unfortunately, it's too late.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!