Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I met Reggie Miller for about 6 seconds at an autograph signing. It was great.

BANNED

just music folk

was in a small ass car with and went to a club with Ice cube and his dude (when he was doing lolapalooza)

smoked weed with sadat x

met biggie

met redman and the twins (he was hooking up with this girl i went to school with) before and after they got bumrushed by the crowd

met ice-t back when he was still with darlene

met method man. dude was outgoing and friendly as hell, giving everyone half hugs and joking around

cracked jokes with kurious george outside a crappy club in nyc

met a few more hip hop and reggae stars that came through a store i used to hang out at.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

At comic-cons, besides the people at panels (though I got to ask Grant Morrison a question, so I can die happy) I saw both Chris Sims and Patrick Willems on the floor, though I didn't get a chance to say hello. Al Gore once passed by me and my father at an airport. I happened to be at Missouri U visiting a friend at the time, so I joined Stand With Sam, and one of the guys on the team showed up and while I know nothing about sports, it was apparently quite exciting. And Jason Aaron and Jai Nitz go to my local comic book store.
    Buh-bye

I used to be a manager at a large movie theatre in downtown Toronto and have met several celebrities. Sometimes they were participating in a screening of one of their films for TIFF, sometimes promoting something else, sometimes just watching a movie.

Anyway some of the ones I can remember meeting are:

Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Natalie Portman
    Viggo Mortensen
    Hulk Hogan
    Tommy Lee Jones
    Forrest Whittaker
    Tricia Helfer
    Grace Park
    assorted hockey, baseball and basketball players, both from the Toronto teams and from visiting teams

Though the only ones I had an actual conversation with beyond a "Hi, how are you?" were Whittaker and Park.

BANNED

Sat next to a dutch prince in the airplane. Didn't talk much.
    For some reason he was sitting in second class.
    Looked vaguely familiar and then it got confirmed when I saw his name on the diner order.

I've met Elvis Costello three times now. Twice after a concert and once in the Amoeba record store in Hollywood. Really great guy and has always taken the time to talk to me and other fans. I've also met the rest of his band, Steve Nieve, Pete Thomas, and Davey Faragher who were also really nice.

Along with them I've also met Nick Lowe, Diana Krall, and I shook hands with Paul McCartney. Oh, and Miranda Cosgrove one time while I was at time at Downtown Disney. My wife tried to get me to casually get her number for laughs and a story.

Then countless sports players who may or may not be classified as celebrities.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

BANNED

Gladys Knight and #1 Pip Bubba (twice, autograph meet & greet after concerts), Boris Becker (waiting for the same flight at Paris airport), human beatbox champion Rahzel (chatting at the bar after a concert by The Roots at a tiny club in my town).

BANNED

Just remembered briefly meeting the guy who played Martin Tupper on the old HBO show Dream On out front of the Art Institute Of Philadelphia. Funny 'cause I kept referring to him as "Martin Tupper".

I used to literally live around the corner from Slick Rick when I was in the Bronx. Never actually met him & rarely ever saw him.

Oh yeah, I met Joe Biden here in Delaware many years before he became VP. Actually, I was introduced to him & had a small convo. This is probably the first time that's crossed my mind since the 2008 election.
    Last edited by King Of All Nerds; 06-03-2014 at 01:36 AM.

BANNED

I saw Corben Bernson at a comic store buying GI Joes.

Kevin Pollack
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Vanessa Carlton
    Carrie Fisher
    Liz Phair.

BANNED

Kareem Abdul Jabar
    Dan O'Brien (Olympic Gold medalist)
    Brandon Sanderson

I've been told Bart Starr, legendary Green Bay Packers QB, held me when I was a baby but I obviously don't remember it.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
    You met Joel Hodgson, but not mike Nelson? I've always liked Mike better, he seemed more personable, where as Joel seem more unapproachable.
    No, I've not met Nelson. And I didn't really get that impression from Hodgson (shook his hand, even).

I live on the same road as Jonny Greenwood.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Met Seth Green at a bar once in Manhattan, didn't really say much to him though as he was with a bunch of gals and it was really crowded.

Ran into Eric Bana, but he heard me tell my buddy "hey Hulk is here" and gave me a dirty look. The dude literally looks like Superman in person though.

I used to live a town over from Dustin Hoffman (my favorite actor), but only ever heard stories of people meeting him. My ex girlfriend worked at a coffee house he frequented, but I guess they were told not to bother him too much.

BANNED

i own a car that used to belong to Jon Voight.