Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

And I've seen a lot of musicians play on stage like radio head, or white stripes, but that doesn't really count.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I've been really lucky in that any celebrities (full-on or niche/medium-specific) that I've had one on one dealings with have been good to great, unless I already knew they were jerky or something. No illusions shattered. Which, really is best, because finding out your entertainment-heroes or beloved political figures are jerks or horrors would suck. I like the world better when Dolly Parton, David Lynch, Paul Reubens, Angus Young, Amiri Baraka, Carlos Santana and the like are nice. Somewhere out there, there's pr'y an alternate reality where Dolly Parton and Peewee Herman are mean, and that world is no good.

A friend/colleague of mine was (unintentionally, but still) horribly rude to Quincy Jones one night, and he never lost his cool, even though everyone else wanted to smack my friend in the head (me included). That's class.

Much as I can't stand Ted Nugent, even if I still like some of his songs, he was very pleasant to me on the phone at one point, so I can't hate the guy. But I was prepared to (and he hadn't even gone full bore nutso yet).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Met mountain sprout at wakarusa just a few days ago.

All-New Member

Smile

I met Kathy Garver, the actress who played Cissy on Family Affair, at a Comic Convention about 15 years ago. I was talking to her and Will Hutchins, the actor who played Sugarfoot on the TV series of the same name, came up to her table to talk to her. They were old friends and I was talking to him as well.

Back in the 70s, my father was in charge of maintenance at Whitehead Hall in Brooklyn College and that was where the TV studio was located. I went to see him after classes and he said Zero Mostel and Estelle Parsons were in the studio rehearsing for a movie they were going to act in, called Fore Play. He asked me if I'd like to meet them. I said sure, and got to meet the both of them and watch them rehearse.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Robert Englund - Probably the most personable celeb I've met, as the guy clearly loves to chat, and course I could listen to his stories all day long.

Cassandra Peterson/Elvira - Very nice, and extremely pretty in person. Best part was when we got up close to one another for the photo, the girl taking the pictures suddenly took a minute or so getting the camera back up and going, but I paid little attention to that as this lucky break allowed me to be right up next to Elvira, and with my arm around her, for longer than anticipated.

Stan Lee - Cool, but just had a picture taken with him. Which was done very quickly.

Wrestlers: Jim Duggan, Jake Roberts, Edge. All were cool.

BANNED

I met Hakeen Olajuwon when he came and spoke at my high school decades ago. Also met Shaq around the same time, at a Walgreens at like 3am. Got his autograph. Also met Al Smith from the Houston Oilers because we had the same eye doctor.

met Orson Scott Card when he did a book signing in my town. Super nice guy.

I've met a bunch of indie musicians/stars and hung out with them at their shows, even befriended a few. I dunno if that counts as "meeting someone famous" because (to sound like a hipster) you've probably never heard of them. Also met Nora Jones at one of those shows, because she is friends with alot of those less-well-known musicians. She is very tiny.

All-New Member

Cate Blanchett in a theatre bar in Sydney wayyyy back ( she woulda been mid 20s at the time ).

'Seemed a nice kid.

BANNED

I've seen Bruce Campbell, Lloyd Kaufman, and George A. Romero at movie screenings with Q&As, haven't met them per say though. Was still great to be in a room with legends. Also, Alice Cooper at Spooky World.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I had breakfast with Steve Zahn once. He's an awesome guy.

I've met a bunch of geek celebrities at comic book conventions. I gave that guy from Survivor, Johnny Fairplay, really vague directions that didn't help him much. And I met one of my personal heroes, Gale Simone, just this weekend.
    Legend....

I met an airline pilot who looked like Kareem-Abdul Jabar once. Wasn't him, though.

Guy was kind of a jerk about it, too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Amazing Member

Met Clive Barker at a book signing years ago, also have signed Nerino Pallot (one hit wonder) CD, way before she was famous and had only appeared in some scottish movies I served Kate Dickie from Game Of Thrones for a minute or so in Woolworths, probably passed Rory McCann in the street, met a few scottish celebrities you have never heard of (Dorothy Paul, Carmen Pierraccini), Someone I volunteer with was in the background to a scene in a Gerard Butler movie and didn't like him, Everyone here has met Paolo Nutini's family, Donald Dewar passed me in the street when he was First Minister of Scotland, met a few local politicians (Wendy & Douglas Alexander).

So nobody really famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I met an airline pilot who looked like Kareem-Abdul Jabar once. Wasn't him, though.

Guy was kind of a jerk about it, too.

Do you like...movies about gladiators?
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

I met my favorite all time Red Wing Dino Ciccarelli while working in Detroit, nice guy, very polite.

I worked on Scream 2, so I guess that means I met everyone in that cast.

Country singer Clint Black was friends with my guitar teacher in Houston back in High school. He was at the shop one day hanging out when I came for a lesson. My dad called my mother and she rushed to the shop to meet him.

I've met members of various indie bands hanging out at shows. Mike Watt would also be at his own merch table for fIREHOSE shows. I went to a Sleater Kinney show while wearing a big boot cast on my foot and Carrie Brownstein was mildly fascinated by it.

Clinton/Gore did a whistle stop in my college town back in '92 right before the election and I shook hands.

Benjamin Bratt was at a restaurant we went to in Austin but none of us wanted to approach him.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.