Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I'll say it again...

4 years ago from this month, i met Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid, at a Best Buy's in Manhattan near the park or somewhere. And on my way out from the art store to there, he signed the cover of my canvas notebook (or whatever they call it).

now who else...? some guy dressed up as Zorro in Hollywood during my July 2005 trip to California.

that's all I have. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    I'll say it again...

4 years ago from this month, i met Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid, at a Best Buy's in Manhattan near the park or somewhere. And on my way out from the art store to there, he signed the cover of my canvas notebook (or whatever they call it).

now who else...? some guy dressed up as Zorro in Hollywood during my July 2005 trip to California.

that's all I have. :P
    ::slow clap::

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, I met Marie Osmond and had my picture taken with her wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay back in 1982.
    Tsk on me! I can't believe I didn't post that picture I had taken with Marie! Well, here it is:

Marie had come to Philly for a fundraiser, and since I had a huge crush on her, I went to see her. Yes, I know I looked perfectly dorky in my Star Blazers fan Club t-shirt! By the by, Marie was a tiny thing, if memory serves, she wore three inch heels that day, and I still stood head and shoulders over her!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacular Member

Robinson cano twice, he signed a napkin for me at a restaurant. Derek Jeter, he gave me a handshake

Some relatives of mine used to attend the same church as journalist Martin Bashir, and once when I was visiting them I ended up sitting next to him and his family. I wanted to have given him a piece of my mind for how he screwed over MJ, but church should be a safe place for all. A few months ago I sat next to Alan Moore on a Northampton train. I didn't bother him as he was reading, but I liked seeing his spiked rings and snake walking stick up close.
    Last edited by tombo; 07-14-2014 at 06:12 AM.

I first met the stunning, sexy and very lovely Emmy Award Winning Actress Leigh Taylor Young back in 2003. She was the nicest celebs that I ever met. She was eating her lunch in a restaurant in West Hollywood. I think she just finished working out on her treadmill.

And me and my friend recognized her because we were a fan of her show Picket fences in the 1990's where she played the mayor of the town.

We let her finished her lunch. And I approached her. I said that I am a huge fan of her acting , and I bought a time works fx 4 minute fitness machines after I saw her infomercials.

She smiled and we chatted for a couple of minutes. We said bye. And We also exchanged some mobile numbers. Leigh was a sweet heart unlike some other celebs. She was very down to earth. And very attractive for someone who was in her mid to late 50's.

Last edited by MrThompson1980; 09-07-2014 at 02:01 AM. Reason: The postscript wasn't needed

Most of these were when I was a kid. My grandmother worked at Alexander's and every summer they would have character's form popular shows/movies appear in costume to meet the public.
    So I got to meet them in the back before they went out on the floor.
    Star Trek: Leonard Nimoy, Nichelle Nichols and James Doohan.
    Planet of the Apes: Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter and Maurice Evans.

Was on a plane going from Los Angeles to New York with Paul Benedict (Mr. Bentley).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've met two of the Spice Girls - both the Mels.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

I was standing so close to Christopher Nolan I could have punched him in the arm. Does that count?

Of note, I can think of
    Stan Lee
    Tom Savini
    Bill Clinton
    Tom Hardy
    Nicholas Brendan
    Ted Dibiase. I'm a small guy, and he... isn't. Dude shook my hand and his meathook covered up my entire hand and half my forearm.

I've also been going to conventions for years and pretending I have a chance with Hollywood after theoretically getting my foot in the door, so you could probably add a lot of lower tier celebrities to the list too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ted Nuggent and he is as big of an asshole as you think he is.

A buddy of mine ran into the Big Show and the Undertaker in a small dinner here in Michigan where they had stopped for a some lunch. Mark is a good 6'3 and he said he felt like a dwarf standing between those two guys.

Stan Lee
    Bill Clinton (2x)
    Tom Brady
    John Mayer
    George W. Bush
    Joe Biden
    Ernie Hudson
    Bill Murray (3x)

Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar

Back in the early 60's my Dad took me to numerous Phillies games at Connie Mack Stadium.
    He took me to meet Johnny Callison who was the right fielder for the Philadelphia Phillies.
    (He hit the game winning home run in the bottom of the 9th inning in the 1964 All Star Game.)
    He was managing a bowling alley, back in those days ball players had to get jobs in the off season to supplement their income.

No Doubt
    The Black-Eyed Peas
    (not a fan of either bands' music, but I've met most of the members of each band lol)

Rene Auberjonois
    Jamie Bamber
    Avery Brooks
    LeVar Burton
    James Callis
    Denise Crosby
    Nicole de Boer
    Thomas Dekker
    John de Lancie
    Michael Dorn
    Aaron Douglas
    Michelle Forbes
    Jonathan Frakes
    Edward Furlong
    Richard Hatch
    Tricia Helfer
    Michael Hogan
    Laurie Holden
    Alessandro Juliani
    Walter Koenig
    Jake Lloyd
    Cirroc Lofton
    Daniel Logan
    Peter Mayhew
    Kandyse McClure
    Mary McDonnell
    Gates McFadden
    Kate Mulgrew
    Nichelle Nichols
    Leonard Nimoy
    Edward James Olmos
    Ray Park
    Tahmoh Penikett
    Robert Picardo
    David Prowse
    Norman Reedus
    Chandler Riggs
    Andrew Robinson
    Michael Rooker
    William Shatner
    Mark Sheppard
    Marina Sirtis
    Brent Spinder
    Patrick Stewart
    George Takei
    Michael Trucco
    Kate Vernon
    Nana Visitor
    Wil Wheaton

BANNED

I met Laura Vandervoort at A Starbucks about 4 years ago near where I live. Very nice young lady, she signed my note book.

I met Dolph Lundgren in a neighborhood in Toronto. He was walking towards me and I recognized him and gave him a face splitting smile. He smiled back, we exchanged pleasantries and he shook my hand.

I was a volunteer at a convention years ago and manning a table in which Morena Bacarin was signing autographs in the next booth over. When she got up to leave, I asked her about the Wonder woman pilot that was in the works. She told me she had no news about and I wished her luck in her career.

Met Greg Rucka about 6 years ago at another con. He was with his wife. We chatted about Batman and Huntress. Very nice guy.

Between Boston Comic Con, Rock and Shock and all the concerts I've attended and played, I'll simplify it by saying "a lot", though I suppose it depends on your definition of "celebrity". I have entire albums on my facebook split into film related folks, musicians and all the neat stuff I've got signed or acquired over the years. Its not super up to date, as I've slowed down in my pursuits and haven't had a decent camera for a while. But instead of filling up a whole page here, I'll just say visit my page and see for yourself if you're curious: http://www.facebook.com/mykehavoc